List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translations

Post by Darklor »

Oh, I didnt really search for those links. I just found them and thought it would be nice if they were collected somewhere especially since some of those series were requested here or have (had) teasers here.

And copied the thread on Kiras request into the Future Project section.

Hm? Whats different from my little list? Arent many of those links not the same as in the first post?

and

P.S.:

Argh, what have I done if I had known what will happen I wouldnt have changed the location of the thread...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Hello. As I had posted in another forum, I currently have jpgs of all five light novels for the series Bokurano Alternative. If anyone knows someone who would be willing to translate them, I'd be more than happy to email a copy of them to you.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Be patient and wait for someone to respond to the other thread, the Future Projects Suggestion board is roamed around quite a bit.

This is more for hosted projects / translations across the internet, even though it doesn't say that specifically. :lol:
(I know, it can get confusing.)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Oh, well thank you for letting me know. Just wasn't too sure if anyone would notice on the other thread as it hasn't been in use for quite a while.
Gwilthyunman
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Gwilthyunman »

Tsuki no Sango: http://mazuisubs.com/184
Remembrances for a Certain Pilot: http://mazuisubs.com/180

Haven't read Remembrances for a Certain Pilot, but Tsuki no Sango is pretty good even though it's very short, only 42 pages. What makes me interested when I found this novel is that this light novel is from the author of Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai novel, Nasu Kinoko and what's more is this light novel is made for Maaya Sakamoto's Full Moon Recital Hall.
rock96
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Every time when I see that someone mentions Nasu as the author of Fate/Zero instead of Urobuchi I rage.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

rock96 wrote:Every time when I see that someone mentions Nasu as the author of Fate/Zero instead of Urobuchi I rage.
Well, it's not that bad when you consider that the original source is from Nasu.
rock96
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Post by rock96 »

Well, it's my perfectionism and it's just annoying as hell... But, whatever. Don't wanna stray off topic.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Tracy1Laiyen
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Tracy1Laiyen »

well just to update this list...
http://kagedreams.livejournal.com/201551.html is currently inactive, since 2009, and its not actually translating hakushaku to yousei...
at the same time... http://shadow.randomfandom.com/saiunkok ... /index.htm is also innactive and isn't translating since 2007-2008...

in adition, the No. 6 novel its been translated by 9ave and it's currently publishing in http://9th-ave.blogspot.mx/2011/06/nove ... trans.html :3
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

How about making a separate wiki page for every of these? I can do it, if you want.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

I like that Idea...
someone
Astral Realm

Post by someone »

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

someone wrote:Fate/Apocrypha
Just hosted recently lol
Teh_ping wrote:One of these days, I'll get Canonrap's permission to upload Fate/Apocrypha onto B-T.
Kira0802 wrote:How about making a separate wiki page for every of these? I can do it, if you want.
Maybe we can create an affiliate link? I don't have the power to edit the sidebar though.
Aorii
Project Translator

Post by Aorii »

Tracy1Laiyen wrote:well just to update this list...
http://kagedreams.livejournal.com/201551.html is currently inactive, since 2009, and its not actually translating hakushaku to yousei...
at the same time...
So... hypothetically (because I'm just toying around with the idea for now)...
If we wanted to pick up an offsite project and bring it here for continuation and the original TL is missing/unreachable, can we still pull their material in without permission?
They've technically got... v1 and v18 (weird combination, but v18 was sweeeeeet so I'm not complaining~)

Oh also, something for the list here...:
http://www.eugenewoodbury.com/ - translations for The Twelve Kingdoms
Shadow of the Moon and A Thousand Leagues of Wind has already been published by TokyoPop so I'm not sure if his postings is violating policy or something (it's been there a LONG time so he probably didn't get any C&Ds?). However, the other two volumes weren't officially translated. They're the two *not* covered by the anime and since TokyoPop's North American side shut down, who knows when these might get done if ever...

The Shore in Twilight (book 6) - Risai meets Yoko to request help in summoning Taiki
Dreaming of Paradise/Prosperity (book 7) - Five short stories, set in Tai, Hou, Kei, Sai and Sou
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Aorii wrote:
So... hypothetically (because I'm just toying around with the idea for now)...
If we wanted to pick up an offsite project and bring it here for continuation and the original TL is missing/unreachable, can we still pull their material in without permission?
They've technically got... v1 and v18 (weird combination, but v18 was sweeeeeet so I'm not complaining~)
No we can't, because we need their approval. We would need a own translation or we could mention them in a link (what we did).

Also we dont have their approval to use their translation.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”