List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Post by Cthaeh »

I noticed some sites that I don't think were on the facebook external sites list. I'm not sure if that list is supposed to be used for incomplete volumes and/or machine translations, so I'll let someone else both decide if they should be added and update the fb list if so.

http://ckmscans.halofight.com/t147-read-this-first
Has the start of a few Japanese light novels (RIGHT×LIGHT, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou, Mahou Sensou: Magical Warfare). Also some chapters of a couple of Chinese light novels. As a side note, I noticed Teh_Ping appears to be starting moonlighting Hikaru manga translations there.

http://misachanojamajonovel.wordpress.com/
Has volume 1 of Ojamajo Doremi 16. Looks to be in the process of continuing with volume 2. (This one was already brought up in this thread on the previous page)

http://harryinterest.blogspot.com/p/teaser.html
This one has a few teasers that were apparently done with a machine translator (I'm not sure if that would disqualify it from the list). I noticed this one because someone started (and then stopped) uploading one of the teasers to BT.

EDIT:
http://nakulas.blogspot.com/2013/04/kyo ... gress.html
Translation is ~20% of the way into volume 1 and continuing. The translator seems to be targeting volume 1 before the anime in October, and indicated he/she may continue with volume 2.
Swarz
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Swarz »

http://sakurahonyaku.wordpress.com
You can find "Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden's" continuation from volume 4 here (from where CE translations left off).
Xaliuss
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xaliuss »

Grand Barbu
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Grand Barbu »

http://unlimitednovelfailures.mangamatt ... sukitsuki/

Tsuki-Tsuki! Vol. 1-6 (vol 7 has 3 chapters already translated)

the translator is a lone wolf... she work solo and doesn't want help nor does she want re-post/copy/edition of her work. That's a shame really! I would have liked if we could at least turn her translation into epub/mobi format. But while she doesn't forbid us to, she doesn't give her approval either... She says in her FAQ:

Q: Can I make a PDF file of your translation?

A: Yes, but only for your own personal usage. No public distribution of any file you make. I don’t want my translations edited by someone I don’t know.

Q: Will you make a PDF file then?

A: No. Too much of a pain. Like I said, make one on your own, just don’t distribute it.

...interpretation, she talk of PDF.... epub and mobi aren't pdf, but using that flaw in her condition just to make and distribute them maybe a bit too much... also I haven't read her work yet but I assume there's still and edit job to do on this because she's not a native english speaker
PROzess
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by PROzess »

Technically I'm male, but keep addressing me with "she", I dun mind.

Also
>No public distribution of any file
>any file
That includes PDF, epub, .doc or a plain .txt

I have nothing against it, if you create a file for your own reading pleasure (on a different device). Go ahead.
I simply do not want people to edit my translation without my consent and then distribute it.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

People can still take your translations from your blog and modify them.

Well, you can tell file creators to not change the content of the translation (only the form, for TL notes), to send you the noticed mistakes before correcting them, and the finished file before releasing it. And credits, of course.

It doesn't take a lot of time, as you just have to oversee a bit the file's creation. At least, that's how I work.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
PROzess

Post by PROzess »

Don't turn this into a stupid leecher argumentation.

I said NO, period.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

What he was proposing is the usual way BT manage such capricious translators as you seem to be, no need to go ballistic. :|

PS : Just saw your blog, nice work. You translated a whole lot of stuff there. :)
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

...Haa, PROzess, you might want to read what Misogi posted again rather than give that 'inappropriate' answer. (And Misogi is a EN>FR translator)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

In my perception PROzess just doesnt want his translation distributed no matter what, whatever format...

that means easily available everywhere

but in the end is it still hard to prevent something like that once something is avaiable in the internet

but in my opinion one thing should be sure - we shouldnt be involved with that

though he cant really do something against it if one creates something like that for self use
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
PROzess

Post by PROzess »

Teh_ping wrote:...Haa, PROzess, you might want to read what Misogi posted again rather than give that 'inappropriate' answer. (And Misogi is a EN>FR translator)
Maybe he should read again what I posed too!?
Darklor wrote:though he cant really do something against it if one creates something like that for self use
Is actually no one reading what I write!?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

PROzess wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:...Haa, PROzess, you might want to read what Misogi posted again rather than give that 'inappropriate' answer. (And Misogi is a EN>FR translator)
Maybe he should read again what I posed too!?
Darklor wrote:though he cant really do something against it if one creates something like that for self use
I meant the mood in the request, rather than answering back with such aggression. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, and you know nobody on BT is going to upload your translations without your permission either way. (That goes for any external translator too).

Besides, folks, this thread is merely a tracking list of any translations not on BT, not a download thread. Simply adhere to the translator's wishes, and everything else is fair game.
Nevado29
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Nevado29 »

Grand Barbu wrote: Q: Can I make a PDF file of your translation?

A: Yes, but only for your own personal usage. No public distribution of any file you make. I don’t want my translations edited by someone I don’t know.

Q: Will you make a PDF file then?

A: No. Too much of a pain. Like I said, make one on your own, just don’t distribute it.
Dude, you're saying it's too much of a pain for you.
Someone can make one for you, why not distributing it on your website then?
They can keep the translations as they are. And think about the others readers too, it's a pain for others if they have to make one too. Maybe you like others suffer? Sadist? :lol: *this is ironic*
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

PROzess wrote:
First no idea what you mean. I do read! But maybe I do not get all the fine nuances since I am a foreigner - So what is the problem that you have with this sentence?

Second you did write something like that in your Q & A
Q: Can I make a PDF file of your translation?

A: Yes, but only for your own personal usage
Third Just the truth. Even if your nick were program its impossible to get something that doesnt go public unless youre working for a certain agency...

-----------------------------------
Nevado29 wrote:
Dude, you're saying it's too much of a pain for you.
Someone can make one for you, why not distributing it on your website then?
They can keep the translations as they are. And think about the others readers too, it's a pain for others if they have to make one too. Maybe you like others suffer? Sadist? :lol: *this is ironic*
Dude cant you read? He isnt interested in something like that!

And maybe there is even system behind that...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Teh_ping wrote: Besides, folks, this thread is merely a tracking list of any translations not on BT, not a download thread. Simply adhere to the translator's wishes, and everything else is fair game.
This.

Dunno why the argument started anyway. If you want to argue about this, then take it to the PMs.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”