Young Gun Carnaval (Novel)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?

Yes
100%
No (give reason)
No votes
Maybe (give reason)
No votes

Total votes: 228

zero-chan
Astral Realm

Young Gun Carnaval (Novel)

Post by zero-chan »

well I just finished the manga version that has only 5 volumes ant thought it would be nice to know whats going to happen next.

first a little information on the novel:
High-school student Jinpachi Kogure is a member of the manga club and is no good with women. Yumika Testuyoshi is a troubled female high-school student who's always skipping school and searching for a girl she doesn't hate. However, these two are in reality young masters of the art of killing people: "Young Guns"----!
(deskription from mangaupdates.com)
additional information wiki

the charakters have personallity and a past, the story is exciting and the novel is not licensed in english.
SolBalmung
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Young Gun Carnaval (Novel)

Post by SolBalmung »

heres a better presentation:
Author: Makoto Fukami
Illustrator: Tow Fukino
Publisher: Tokuma Shoten
Volumes: 12
Summary:
Kogura Jinpachi is a manga research club member in Kouenzi High School, whose parents were killed when he was a kid by assassins from the Phoenix Syndicate. Yumika Tetsuyoshi grew up outside of Japan under the care of her mercenary mother, Seika Tetsuyoshi. These two are seen in the public as high school students. Though in reality they are members of Hybrid, an underground vigilante-type organization whose duty is to hunt and punish criminals who can't be judged by the law. Later on, the Korean National Police Agency joins in with Hybrid to hunt down an ex-Russian OMON officer turned assassin, who is linked to the various Japanese criminal syndicates including the Phoenix Syndicate, by dispatching a SWAT officer named Che Mina, who acts as liaison officer between the two organizations

Just Like Zero I finished reading the manga and was dissapointed at the open ending. This have so much potentiel with realistic yet deep character intercations, nice gun fights and a plot that is quite classical but entertaining nonetheless. Many fans of the LN didn't like the manga adaptation because it didn't do justice to the LN, even though the manga isn't that bad. So I imagine that the LN must be excellent.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Damn this looks good....I hope it doesn't present it like Black Lagoon though.....really didn't like that one....

EDIT: Oh my god she uses an Abakan. INSTANT LOVE

Now can someone tell me where I can actually get them........because Kino is out of stock ...........T______T

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

wait wait... a guy and his mother are both in high school? what?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

jonathanasdf wrote:wait wait... a guy and his mother are both in high school? what?
LOL where did you read that? As far as reading the manga the protagonist mother isn't in the same school as him.
Cosmic Eagle wrote:Damn this looks good....I hope it doesn't present it like Black Lagoon though.....really didn't like that one....

EDIT: Oh my god she uses an Abakan. INSTANT LOVE

Now can someone tell me where I can actually get them........because Kino is out of stock ...........T______T
I've found the raws for 10 vol if you are interested, pm me and I'll give you the link =) !
SolBalmung
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SolBalmung »

The guest just above was me, I though I was logged in but I wasn't Dx
Anyway the genre of the manga (and surely the LN) is: Seinen, Romance, Gunfight, Yuri, a bit Guro.
I'd really like to read a teaser if an honorable translator will undergo the task. I'd be much grateful =)
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

Guest wrote:
jonathanasdf wrote:wait wait... a guy and his mother are both in high school? what?
LOL where did you read that? As far as reading the manga the protagonist mother isn't in the same school as him.
SolBalmung wrote:Yumika Tetsuyoshi grew up outside of Japan under the care of her mercenary mother, Seika Tetsuyoshi. These two are seen in the public as high school students.
SolBalmung
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SolBalmung »

these two refer too Yumika Tetsuyoshi and Kogura Jipachi xD !
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Yes, this novel series is really good.

I really like the manga adaptation too, though there really wasn't much character development of Yumika. Jinpachi was awesome though.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

SolBalmung wrote:these two refer too Yumika Tetsuyoshi and Kogura Jipachi xD !
so confusing :P
aznxa21
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by aznxa21 »

Would love to see this translated the manga series was great.
phuman
Astral Realm

Post by phuman »

I was just wondering ....is it ever going to translated because I really liked the manga...
I have been checking this tread for quite some time but there isn't new info or anything like that....
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

It will be translated if translators are interested in it. So you need to wait for one or find one yourself.
Patron God of NTRed

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”