101-banme no Hyakumonogatari

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
100%
Not really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 63

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

101-banme no Hyakumonogatari

Post by Mystes »

Original Title: 101番目の百物語
Translation:The 101th story of the Hundred tales
Author: Saitou Kenji
Illustrator: Ryoka
Publisher: MF Bunko J
Volumes out: 5
Summary: (as usual, created from a mix of Wikipedia, Baidu, Crazy-cake blogspot and a few things I know)
Ichimonji Hayate is a high-schooler living an ordinary but happy life, such as chatting with his best friend or goig home together with a senpai he admired. But one day, he recieves a cellphone called "D-phone", and became the main protagonist of the 101th story of the Hundred Tales. Hayate then starts searching for urban legends in the city, and meets quite a few cute girls too.
Volume 1 cover:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: 101-banme no Hyakumonogatari

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

The story talks about how the protagonist encounters, and "captures" urban legends.

Hitomoji Hayate receives the D-phone from a mysterious girl, that glows and grows hot whenever he is in danger/targeted. The very first urban legend he met was Maria's doll, that would call and tell you that she is coming, and slowly, she gets closer with every call. The very last call made would be "I am right behind you". And once you turn around, she kills you. Surprisingly enough, Maria's doll became his classmate real soon, sitting right behind him (and poking him with anything and everything). And they became friends/allies. Hitomoji soon understands the existence of Lore, Half Lore and normal humans. Lores are basically urban legends, Half Lores being a mixture of the two(For example human turned Lore).

But they were targeted by a more deadly foe, "The Lore Devouring Witch". After a long battle, he too gains the witch as an ally.

In volume 2, it talked about the existence of Half Lores, being his childhood friend as a victim, or rather, an accomplice of an unknowing Lore. While it is not common, but it isn't strange that a kid goes missing for a few days, and acts differently when he/she returns. His childhood friend had been missing for a few days when she was young, and when she came back, she tries to act tough so as not to worry others. Her kind act caused devastating results. The other children believes that she is a Halfling, meaning that she was actually replaced during the few days she went missing. While it is not true, the strong belief turned her into a Half Lore, placing her real self in another realm, whereas her Lore unknowingly lives on. And seeing her Lore's daily lives, the childhood friend had to continue tricking and killing people so her Lore can survive. And Hitomoji eventually gets drawn into this as well...

In volume 3, it talked more about the existence of Protagonists, or Main Characters. As Hitomoji is "Hundred and One", he is given the role of leading a hundred stories. He faced off against another protagonist, blessed with "Evil Eye" together with another Lore. A battle broke off, and he lost, miserably, with his Maria's Doll protecting him, taking all the damage for him. This in turn made him really angry at his own helplessness, and went to the witch for help. The witch told him that the plan she cooked up had him facing against other protagonists eventually, so as to quickly gather more stories by taking them away from other protagonists. And that while his stories(Girls) do not like it, it is possible for him to step into the world they are in, and becoming a Half Lore, just as to gain powers similar to the protagonist with "Evil Eye". Just as they eventually won and became allies, he met another protagonist, that declares war on him. The protagonist? "Thousand and One Arabian Nights". 101 VS 1001... What are his chances going to be?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
AMarzyciel
Astral Realm

Post by AMarzyciel »

ooh,looks interesting

sadly, I am not good with jap
so I could only vote
Zenbu
Astral Realm

Post by Zenbu »

The concept is very interesting. I hope this will get picked up.

Also, the main character's family name is Ichimonji, not Hitomoji.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Why not? Sounds promising by looking at the story.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Zenbu wrote: Also, the main character's family name is Ichimonji, not Hitomoji.
...F*ck crazy-cake.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Feuerstern222
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Feuerstern222 »

Hy!
I would like to see this novel translated!
Also, I would help translating it!
I already started reading part of it, and its really good, so i would be happy if this gets onto baka-tsuki!
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Go ahead, then.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Feuerstern222 wrote:Hy!
I would like to see this novel translated!
Also, I would help translating it!
I already started reading part of it, and its really good, so i would be happy if this gets onto baka-tsuki!
So have you had any progress with translating in the last year?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”