The Legend of Maian (poll)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

would you like to see this novel translated?

Yes
98%
Not really
0%
No
1%

Total votes: 287

AnimeFreak1577
Astral Realm

The Legend of Maian

Post by AnimeFreak1577 »

i was wondering if you guys could translate the Legend of Maian Novel by Im Dal Young. I have downloaded the whole novel after i googled it from mediafire but its in korean.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The Legend of Maian

Post by Mystes »

Dang, never thought that it was a novel. This feels quite NTR in the latter part of the manga. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chancs »

Kira0802 wrote:Dang, never thought that it was a novel. This feels quite NTR in the latter part of the manga. :lol:
same here same here, never thought it to be a novel also. Not even mangaupdates has it as a novel. Just googled it and found the txt raw
Spoiler! :
Please do not post RAWs please! ^^ ~~Kira.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I searched for it, but WTF is the text in Japanese?

EDIT: OK, I got it. Works fine. I should read it once I've learnt Korean.
Kira0802

animefreak1577
Astral Realm

Post by animefreak1577 »

Sorry it took so long to reply but the legend of main is not a light novel but a true novel and it was released in bulk, from beginning to end all at once. And the plain txt file can be viewed when opened in Microsoft word and the code is changed to Korean, and then the authors original format is seen also. I really want to see this translated because I believe the story is actually the best he has ever written.
Animefreak1577
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

The Legend of Maian (poll)

Post by Animefreak1577 »

So I am following the forum rules to try nd get this novel by Im dal young translated. Right now the manga is on stand by but the novel was completed upon release from beginning to end and can be downloaded as a txt file and opened with word to be seen in the original format in Korean.

The plot is about the story of Felix Maian, a weak and naive young man who unknowingly releases the powerful sorceress Felicia Rand Philistine. A thousand years ago Felicia Rand Philistine and her subordinates tried to take over the country of shurian but is stopped and sealed by Maian the brave, Felix's ancestor. Now awoken from her seal Felix must help avoid a world war on top of controlling the power hungry Felicia.
Anime rule
Animefreak1577
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Animefreak1577 »

I personally believe that this is the best manga by I'm Dal-Young but its slow going. But the novel is already done. The story is superb, and it has the right mix of romance, comedy, action, and some ecchiness. I recommend anyone to read the manga and support the poll thread.
Anime rule
jsn1lobo
Astral Realm

Post by jsn1lobo »

I really want to read it too its one of favorite novels still waiting for the next manga volume
Animefreak1577
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Animefreak1577 »

I agree. The manga moves too slow for my tastes. Lol. I read all the chapters in a day. When I found out there was a novel I have never wished so bad that I could read Korean. :D
Anime rule
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Animefreak1577 wrote:I agree. The manga moves too slow for my tastes. Lol. I read all the chapters in a day. When I found out there was a novel I have never wished so bad that I could read Korean. :D
So it's a genuine novel with manga adaptation? Hell, I'll try to see if there are translations.
Kira0802

Animefreak1577
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Animefreak1577 »

the novel i believe was done even before Im-Dal-Young even thought of making it a manga. It was done before 2003. So the novel is old and around 4 or 5 years later the manga began.
Anime rule
Ariel
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ariel »

Animefreak1577 wrote:the novel i believe was done even before Im-Dal-Young even thought of making it a manga. It was done before 2003. So the novel is old and around 4 or 5 years later the manga began.
Yeah, that is it :D

But seriously, the story in manhwa had changed since vol 5 or 6, so don't expect to see the same thing that are in the light novel (just 1 volume).

I'm not a big fan of this series. Sure, manhwa is great, but the novel no. The big troll-ending is meh. Like a friend of mine said, its endings it the kind only Dark Vader could even imagine :p

Btw, I don't think there are much people here that can actually translate from Korean to English (maybe from Chinese or Japanese).
ー世界が平和でありますようにー

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”