Translation poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
yye1
Astral Realm

Re: Translation poll

Post by yye1 »

damn no love for FMP
Shinkirou01
Astral Realm

Post by Shinkirou01 »

I gotta say I'm quite shocked that a mediocre series like Oda Nobuna gets more votes than FMP. Wake up people!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

how do i vote here?
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Shinkirou01 wrote:I gotta say I'm quite shocked that a mediocre series like Oda Nobuna gets more votes than FMP. Wake up people!
It's not mediocre, but we already have HDxD here, I'm looking for something different.

What surprised me the most is how few the votes for Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari. I'm sure the people who don't vote for it haven't read the manga (read it now people!)
Rayzet
Astral Realm

Post by Rayzet »

i really hope that Dakara and Hagure being translated cause in Dakara there's a lot different between anime and manga so i want to see how the LN goes by. when Hagure it seems more intresting the LN version if compared to the anime version...
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Guest wrote:how do i vote here?
By making an account I guess.
Immorality
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Immorality »

Shinkirou01 wrote:I gotta say I'm quite shocked that a mediocre series like Oda Nobuna gets more votes than FMP. Wake up people!
Probably due to the (decently done) anime adaption
friedyams
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by friedyams »

... I'm guessing you knew to this aren't you? Oda isn't really mediocre. The story is actually pretty good or Mad House wouldn't be animating it. FMP is old. No one really cares about it anymore sadly. Plus the DxD community is huger than you may think. And at the current moment their in the mood for more cute and delicious Lolis.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Are those all projects that were already suggested or are actual baka-tsuki projects? Or are some even new project suggestions? - I wonder because I cant remember some of those titles...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
icecoffemix
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by icecoffemix »

friedyams wrote:
... I'm guessing you knew to this aren't you? Oda isn't really mediocre. The story is actually pretty good or Mad House wouldn't be animating it. FMP is old. No one really cares about it anymore sadly. Plus the DxD community is huger than you may think. And at the current moment their in the mood for more cute and delicious Lolis.
I wonder what's Nobuna got to do with DxD beside having same illustrator? They're far away apart for anything beside art.
Because it's not? FMP IS mediocre though. Giant robot + ANGST.

I'm more surprised that people could like crap like Seirei Tsukai. Guess violent one dimensional tsundere beitch still have its place among otaku.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

icecoffemix wrote:I wonder what's Nobuna got to do with DxD beside having same illustrator? They're far away apart for anything beside art.
The ecchi level I guess?
icecoffemix wrote:I'm more surprised that people could like crap like Seirei Tsukai. Guess violent one dimensional tsundere beitch still have its place among otaku.
You know just how many people like ZnT and IS right?
Darklor wrote:Are those all projects that were already suggested or are actual baka-tsuki projects? Or are some even new project suggestions? - I wonder because I cant remember some of those titles...
Agreed. Can you tell us more about Rising Ryuuden, Tokyo Raven, and Rune Soldier Louie?

Still, I think Mismarca is the best among those list (mainly because of the unique protagonist)
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

May I remind everyone to be civil and try to contain your enthusiasm for your favorite series?

Let's not turn this into a bashing contest.
Darklor wrote:Are those all projects that were already suggested or are actual baka-tsuki projects? Or are some even new project suggestions? - I wonder because I cant remember some of those titles...
The majority seems to be new series which have yet to begin in Baka-Tsuki. Personally, I would rather see Code-Zero's efforts be used to bring new novels to the site, rather than speed up existing projects just because some people are impatient, but that's just my opinion.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

icecoffemix wrote:I'm more surprised that people could like crap like Seirei Tsukai. Guess violent one dimensional tsundere beitch still have its place among otaku.
That's harsh, while she may be the plot mover :lol:, it's about more things than her. And, I find it pretty easy to work with.
icecoffemix
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by icecoffemix »

arczyx wrote:
icecoffemix wrote:I wonder what's Nobuna got to do with DxD beside having same illustrator? They're far away apart for anything beside art.
The ecchi level I guess?
How do you know? Have you watched the anime?

There's virtually none on the course of 6 episodes so far (well, there's a boob grabbing, but we don't even get to see it).
You know just how many people like ZnT and IS right?
ZnT anime beside season 1 was all commercial failures. But I know what you're talking about and it just reinforce my thought.
Agreed. Can you tell us more about Rising Ryuuden, Tokyo Raven, and Rune Soldier Louie?

Still, I think Mismarca is the best among those list (mainly because of the unique protagonist)
There are translated manga version for all of those series above.

And Mismarca protagonist are quick to become annoying with his naive hellbent policy of no violence.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Schwarzesmarken wwww

Glory to the 666th

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――