Translation poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translation poll

Post by Code-Zero »

Teh_ping wrote:
Code-Zero wrote:I just checked the facebook poll, and it seems very accurate now.
Thank you Teh Ping.

The votes that Accel World has right now is huge. There is a huge gap between Accel World and the one with the second highest vote :shock: .
Looks like I would have to do Accel World if there is such a huge margin since the new votes are accurate now lol.
You have no idea of the complains people have on the B-T poll when they talked about it, whether it's about Accel World being botted or people complaining the poll here is rigged...

Sometimes, I wonder if their comprehension ability is even cognitive...
Oh my.... That bad? So people discuss about this poll outside BT? I'm scared to read those discussion now.

I really wanted to see how the poll you made few years ago ended up like now..... I heard it was more messy than this one or something with insane number of rigged votes.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Code-Zero wrote:Oh my.... That bad? So people discuss about this poll outside BT? I'm scared to read those discussion now.

I really wanted to see how the poll you made few years ago ended up like now..... I heard it was more messy than this one or something with insane number of rigged votes.
Yeah, it's better not to. For good reason. (Seems like nobody understands the "Choose from top 4" thing...and when they do, they lose all faith in the fact it's your choice, seeing no point to vote. :? )

Ping's poll...because it was much broader......imagine the way this went times 100. (Probably the vote count too. :roll: )
Spoiler! :
Links:
First attempt: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4553 (was reset MANY times, probably have to read to get numbers.)
Second attempt: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4571 (Have to click on individual links to see (possibly reset) numbers.
Edit, that's right, second was fool proof, but doing that for yourself would've been quite difficult. (Given the locations of the projects you might work on.)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Would be funny if Code would now choose from the four lowest, just to punish the bot voters... :twisted: ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Darklor wrote:Would be funny if Code would now choose from the four lowest, just to punish the bot voters... :twisted: ;)
I could do that :D
But Im scared of all the death mails I would receive..... :mrgreen:
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Well, polls on each platform reflect different biases to varying degrees. No matter what you do, some people will be satisfied while others will have cause for complaint.

I don't know, if Code-Zero does Accel World simply due to the number of votes, it defeats the whole purpose of stating the Top 4 will be considered.

Of course, do go ahead with Accel World if it is a novel you enjoy. I just don't want to see reinforcement of the notion that complaining about the translation speed of active projects is an effective strategy.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Hmm, current top 4 in order of votes

Accel World
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Hagure Yuusha no Esuteika
Muv Luv series

Actually, should we unlock to allow discussion or not because of the previous attempts at trolling/flaming?
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

zzhk wrote:Well, polls on each platform reflect different biases to varying degrees. No matter what you do, some people will be satisfied while others will have cause for complaint.

I don't know, if Code-Zero does Accel World simply due to the number of votes, it defeats the whole purpose of stating the Top 4 will be considered.

Of course, do go ahead with Accel World if it is a novel you enjoy. I just don't want to see reinforcement of the notion that complaining about the translation speed of active projects is an effective strategy.
Dont worry. I said I "might" do AW if the votes would be too one-sided(more than 3 times the amount of 2nd highest vote). So the top-4 LN still stands.
KuroiHikari wrote:Hmm, current top 4 in order of votes

Accel World
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Hagure Yuusha no Esuteika
Muv Luv series

Actually, should we unlock to allow discussion or not because of the previous attempts at trolling/flaming?
Yeah. We can just discuss about the polls here. Maybe people wont use BT facebook to discuss it seriously.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Ok, no more flaming/trolling, people.

Hmm, do I off the poll here, or just leave it for laughs?
Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Silimir »

Leave it a while... maybe one week :lol:
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

This poll...got unlocked? For what purpose? Trolling? :lol:
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Code-Zero wrote:
Darklor wrote:Would be funny if Code would now choose from the four lowest, just to punish the bot voters... :twisted: ;)
I could do that :D
But Im scared of all the death mails I would receive..... :mrgreen:

Just wondering anyway...which of those is your favorite?

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:

Just wondering anyway...which of those is your favorite?
Probably for the currently ongoing one its Madan no Ou, and for the completed one Black Blood Brothers.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Code-Zero wrote:Probably for the currently ongoing one its Madan no Ou, and for the completed one Black Blood Brothers.
Hmm, how would you rate the difficulty for Madan no Ou?
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

KuroiHikari wrote:
Code-Zero wrote:Probably for the currently ongoing one its Madan no Ou, and for the completed one Black Blood Brothers.
Hmm, how would you rate the difficulty for Madan no Ou?
Definitely harder than DxD. From a range to 1 to 5, if DxD would have a difficulty of 2, then Madan no Ou would have a difficulty of 3.5.
It has its own english spelling for the countries name and such, and it is a pain to remember them.
It also uses different metrics instead of using metres to measure distances(though it also tells the distance in metres within a bracket).
Also finding the proper english spelling for the characters name would be stressing as well.
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

Madan no Ou to Vanadis, the covers are kind of.... as ecchi as DxD?

It'd be kind of fitting for Code-Zero to take on after :P

I also note the distinct amount of oppai.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”