Kyu, Kyu Cute

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

"Yes"
98%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
2%

Total votes: 48

Gaibyou
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Kyu, Kyu Cute

Post by Gaibyou »

Original title: きゅーきゅーキュート!
Author: Nojima Kenji
Artist: Muto Kurihito
Publisher: MF Bunko J
Volumes out: 14+3

Synopsis

I want a supernatural ability so I could help others. This is the goal of the normal class student, Kasuga Rito whose ability points are 99 all the time. He makes a plan to befriend a short term transfer student form the Demon World, Skyusu so he could somehow enter the ability development class called starlight. All because he heard a rumor that ability points can be raised by eating food from another world. He sneak into the reception party but the great beauty, Skyusu was absent. The disheartened Rito left the party and met a girl in black dress. It looks like she is from the Demon World as well. He got involved by this cute young looking girl with big attitude. He got no choice but to go with her... This is the start of a fantasy love story between races.

It is not licensed as far as I know.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kyu, Kyu Cute

Post by Gohankuten »

I remember some of this manga. Been awhile since I last read it or saw any updates for it. Would definitely love to read the ln.

Edit:
http://mangafox.me/manga/cu_cu_cute/

There's the manga of it. Only 4 chapters translated and the group doing it seems to have run into some problems with V2 for it which is why it's been delayed so long.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Gaibyou wrote: Synopsis

I want a supernatural ability so I could help others. This is the goal of the normal class student, Kasuga Rito whose ability points are 99 all the time. He makes a plan to befriend a short term transfer student form the Demon World, Skyusu so he could somehow enter the ability development class called starlight. All because he heard a rumor that ability points can be raised by eating food from another world. He sneak into the reception party but the great beauty, Skyusu was absent. The disheartened Rito left the party and met a girl in black dress. It looks like she is from the Demon World as well. He got involved by this cute young looking girl with big attitude. He got no choice but to go with her... This is the start of a fantasy love story between races.

It is not licensed as far as I know.
He did not say he wants a supernatural ability to help others...

He wants to befriend someone from the demon word so he can get food from another world, as it is rumored that will boost his ability.

His ability is permanently stuck at 99, but you need to be 100 and above to be identified as an elite, and enter the starlight class.

Entering the starlight class would enable him to approach the more specialized professionals who bear abilities to seek out one's ability, and to use powers to figure out the medium required for him/them to use their powers.
Spoiler! :
His ability, as all protagonists have, is the power to negate powers.

Clear love between him and the female lead, but a lot of girls still fall for him for unknown reasons, same as all harem stories.

Family warfare of the demons for some reason seems to always get him involved.
Very generic story.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
PsychoKitteh
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by PsychoKitteh »

I've read the manga of this, it was really good, would like to see the novel get translated!
Gif by hanicizkanio
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Prologue for anyone who doesn't mind my translations:
Spoiler! :
Prologue
Kasuga Rito lost to the object that would rouse any man’s interest as he raised a bra before his eyes with his fingers.
“Hmm, so it was sexy underwear.”
He muttered unconsciously. The bra was made with a material with an extremely small area. In the shape of an acute triangle that could rouse the desires of males, the design was quite practical whilst still emphasizing an artistic sense and the color was pure black.
“What am I doing…”
Rito placed the bra back in its original spot and closed the locker. It looks like he accidently entered the girls changing room.
He had to move to the male changing room quickly since his objective was to obtain the uniform of the restaurant.
Rito was currently illegally entering a famous restaurant.
It was a Tuesday of the upper half of June. There was a celebration party today that welcomed VIPs from the Demon world. Rito had not received a letter of invitation, even so, he had a reason why he must attend the party.
Therefore, Rito thought up an idea…
And right now he was enacting his plan.
Rezon Academy which Rito attends was located at the heart of the city as a twenty-five floored building and it was Japan’s first specialized power development school.
With 「Coexistence and Common Prosperity」as its motto, the world in the recent years were competing to form amiable ties with the Demon world, each and every country were creating power development training schemes, but they were not able to reach the level of the Demon race, as a result humans wielding the same type but weaker powers were born. In such a situation, the Japanese government which took a cautious diplomatic attitude towards the Demon world began to move.
And the result was the aforementioned Rezon Academy.
The Academy accommodated people from nursery to university and all its students had a power value examination result of fifty and above.
People who possessed a power value of fifty were already three times higher than a normal citizen, but usually it had to reach a hundred before the power would activate, also, each person requires their own specific personal medium.
In other words, they needed sufficient power and a medium before they could activate their power.
Rezon Academy currently has roughly one thousand students, but the amount of people who fulfilled the aforementioned conditions was less than ten percent ---- around thirty people only.
That’s right, people who possess a power were favored by the heavens and were the subject of admiration from the masses like the ever distant starlight amongst the skies.
(Tl note: Favored by heaven = incredibly lucky or as the British put it ‘born with a silver spoon’.)
The extremely few power users were incorporated into the power development branch (Pentagram).
And Rito’s power value was ninety-nine.
At the end of every spring, summer and winter each year, a value examination was held and for some reason, Rito always only got ninety-nine.
In other words, during the year he entered Rezon Academy’s general high school branch, his power value had halted at ninety-nine.
No matter how hard he worked, he was still stuck at ninety-nine.
Just one more step, just one more point, just a little bit more.
Even in his dreams he would occasionally hear someone reciting and emphasizing the number ninety-nine to him.
Normally, the power value could be raised by mental discipline or stamina training. Though individual aptitude played a part, it was mainly raised by hard work.
Although Rito’s father was a normal person, his mother was a power user in addition she was a diamond grade (First grade) [spirit user (Elernentalor)] in other words a person with a power value over a thousand. As such, both his parents worked at the emergency center attached to the country.
Therefore, I also set it as my target.
Rito always thought like this.
The problem was how he should raise his power value. Just one more point and he could receive the right to enter the Pentgram. Like this, he could receive the help of people to help determine his power and divine his personal medium.
For the sake of overcoming this last step, he had challenged numerous methods.
Running until he had legs of steel, eating till he threw up, receiving a serious headache from meditating beneath a waterfall, shouting at the tides on a beach till his voice faded. Even banning himself from enjoying his favorite curry chicken, banana milk, and potato chips and such. Of course he also tried various methods of fasting.
But, the number ninety-nine remained unmoving like a mountain.
Rito wanted to use his own power to the point that he would try anything.
He was willing to try anything no matter the method.
After advancing to the Rezon Academy high school section, his power value had remained at ninety-nine unable to rise and one year’s worth of time passed by pointlessly. Soon, he was going to advance to his second year with impatience. It was at this time that Rito received an important news.
The daughter of a duke from the Demon world decided to spend a three day student exchange at Rezon Academy. That lady’s name was Scuse Fontana, a Demoness with the title of 「Jewel of the Demon World」. Not a single person who was interested in the Demon world didn’t know her.
Also there was a rumor between the students of Rezon Academy that 「eating food from the Demon world would increase your power value」. But, such food wasn’t available in the normal supermarket and the exorbitant price could fetch a few buildings.
Therefore Rito hatched a plan.
All he had to do was become friends with the duke’s daughter.
His power value was only one away, meaning if he could just take one bite from a food from the Demon world…
As for how he should get aquianted with the 「Jewel of the Demon World」? Rito had never considered this problem and was unable to imagine how.
However, he had steeled his heart. As soon as he could befriend an inhabitant of the Demon world, he would immediately ask the other party for a single bite.
----Just one step away.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”