Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 458

p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Ōkami-san (Ōkami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)

Post by p0l3r »

If only novels were just as popular as manga.... A man can dream can he? =/
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

similar thread merged.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
micro
Astral Realm

Post by micro »

So how will this be? Will it really be translated or not?
'Cause I think that would be cool, because this story is somehow unique since it uses fairytales that we all know and transforms it into something new... But, I think we all know that :P
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Only if this series gets an interested translator...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
dxb_blackwolf-offline
Astral Realm

Post by dxb_blackwolf-offline »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Ruquion wrote:Translations of novels with anime adaptions tend to die after the hype ends.
Hopefully the translator won't decide to disappear within a month.
Let me correct the comment made. There were several mistakes... namely:

1) The readers die off once the hype ends, which is why you don't see us working on every project suggested especially those that are mentioned because of their anime adaptations. Its usually the readers that die off before the translators.
2) There is a severe lack of translators, so we don't take on that many projects. We don't get paid, but in return we work at our own pace, at our own times.
3) You make it sound as though there IS a translator for this series, which I don't think so.
I think the readers for this type of novel will not die off so easily. From the statistics that I saw once on one thread, series that are more related to the 'slice of life' genre seem to be on top of the charts.. which is probably because most people that bother reading novels online enjoy that genre. I started reading novels because of Toradora! anime and I remember translations were almost dead back then but I still continued to check for updates. Having a new anime thats quite interesting, I think it will be one of the best projects to take on.

And why cant I login >.<
SSJTrunks91
Astral Realm

Post by SSJTrunks91 »

The anime is so good, but too short. I'd love to see the story from the novels' perspective!
SSJTrunks91
Astral Realm

Post by SSJTrunks91 »

I would love to see this series translated!
Random Person
Astral Realm

Post by Random Person »

I would love to see this translated =/ like yush the anime has ended but thats the reason people want it translated it had such a cute story and I want to know what happens after. >w<
Snyu
Astral Realm

Post by Snyu »

I hope to see this series translated I would love you guys so much if you can find someone willing to do it. If I knew anything of how to translate or learn Japanese I would so take this job if I had the Raws xD
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

mondy-mond wrote:
Although I can't translate this at the moment as I am still translating the ToraDora! visual novel I just wanted to throw it out there for anyone who would really enjoy this series
If you need a change from your current translation efforts... teasers are always welcome... :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:

Darklor

mondy-mond
Astral Realm

Post by mondy-mond »

I suppose that would be a good idea :) I just have to wait for all of my copies to come over first
SnyuUguu
Astral Realm

Post by SnyuUguu »

Would really like to see this translated =/ its a shame the fanbase isn't that big here would be awesome it has such an original story been using this site for quite awhile really like the work done. Though I've noticed a few of the projects are dead (Kaze no Stigma) anyways would love to see this translated yes the anime died out and it seems like the hype ended for some people but =/ what kinda bothered me is how fast My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute got a project so fast looked at it's votes and thats probably why.. This may be considered necroing the thread back to life but I hope this post gets people interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ckami ... _novels%29
Has a little information for people interested and if I can find an interested Translator I would be more then willing to go out of my way to get access to the Raws. ^^
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Normally, the problem isn't the size of the fanbase, but the number of translators available to help.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Or willing to help.

Also the series mentioned is mostly only an outside project - we had here first only a teaser.

Darklor

SnyuUguu
Astral Realm

Post by SnyuUguu »

And How do you become accepted as a translator on here is there a test? o3o cause if people didn't mind I would try to translate as I am currently learning Japanese. It wouldn't be as fast some translators but I've noticed on some of the projects here there hasn't been updates since 2009 :#

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”