A-kun (17) no Sensou

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you want this novel to be translated?

Yes
91%
No
5%
Neutral
3%

Total votes: 58

TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

A-kun (17) no Sensou

Post by TheCatWalk »

A-kun (17) no Sensou (A君(17)の戦争)
Author: Gouya Daisuke (豪屋大介)

Series completed after 9 volumes.

I'll say this before-hand but,DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY IT'S COVER. [Literally :D 8) ]
the illustrations suck...it's true.But the storyline is mind-blowing.This LN is a bit old and thats why the illustrations are a bit [quite] bad on the quality side.
In any case, here's the Synopsis -->
Onodera Goushi is a high-schooler who isn't much noticed in other people's daily life. In a sense, his life feels like it would be the same if he wasn't around. Then one day while returning from school, he finds himself in a life and death situation where a strange girl named Honoka saves him by sending him to another world. He then gets sent to the "Demon Nation" where many non-humans live and where he is able to meet the Ma-Ou (Demon King) who is... an anime otaku?!?!
Spoiler-ish summary-->
Spoiler! :
The mc gets summoned to a different world. a fantasy world where there are ongoing wars , demon VS humans. actually its 'all the other races' VS humans. the human side being the bad guys and the antagonists.
the mc, who is a human, and a pretty degraded one at that [compare him to the pig from accel world and u shall see the picture]. but he is only like that physically. Mentally he is a coward, a villain and a pretty successful one at that. but since he is also shy, and kind while being a villain, he gets beat up by bullies irl everyday.blah blah blah.
[but he is baddass in his own way. he can perfectly see how damn cruel the world is. and how u need to get ur hands dirty to deal with other dirty people. This one time, he purposely gets beat in front of people gets hooks up the cops on those bullies, lolz, baddass.]
so he was living an idiotically boring and painful life on earth until one day when he was gonna go to this trip, like an excursion. but their bus gets caught up in an accident and he 'was supposed to die on a heart-attack'. the other students were all supposed to survive since 'the bus didnt actually collide with anything but passed by'. the mc died being scared and then a heart attack.
but then this 'mahou shoujo' comes down. she shows the scene from the future of where his 'supposed friends' were all laughing and insulting the mc's cowardice after his funeral. she makes a deal with him and sends him to another world [ the mc also didnt want to live in that cruel bully contaminated world any longer] where he becomes the successor of the maou [ who is also an otaku like him]
it seems that all the previous maou;s of that realm were actually beings that got summoned from other worlds. specifically, from kantou. and all of them were probably social degrades. they all come down tho this world 'one or another way' whenever the demon;s face a new kind of crisis that they cant solve with their own brains/brawls.
in anycase, the previous maou bought akiba culture AND modern techs to the demons kingdom since he was an otaku. he lived there for about 'a loong' time. but he didnt know anything about warfare. and since the humans waged war against his kingdom, he was thinking of stepping down from the throne.and then our fat mc appeared. a history nerd.
the story is about how the mc leads the demon kingdom to war against the human imperialists. with his strategies and plans. [in the later chaps, he actually makes the demons produce machine guns and bomb and other modern armaments. teches them the modern way of combat that depends on fast kills and speed rather than the old way which depended on armor+personal-strength of certain individuals that controlled the flow of the battle.]
there are certain other elements mixed in too but thats about the gist of it i guess?
p.s.- the main heroines isnt the mahou shoujo. its the airheaded green haired demon with the scythe who is also a poking amazing murderer!!
p.s.s.- the demon kingdom isnt only the home of demons, its about 50% demons and 50% human+other races. the humans here are believers of equality [a concept which was brought along with one of the previous maous] so they have no problems living, working and falling with love with demons and the other races. The imparialist empire of the humans is one where all the humans believe the are just and other races go against gods teaching blablahblah. u get the picture right?
Volume 1 cover

Covers of Volume 1-9
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
It has 2 manga volumes out but the series was stalled.Sadly

Manga Covers [They're like heavenly paintings compared to the novel illustrations :roll: ]
-->
Spoiler! :
Image Image
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
McKnight
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: A-kun (17) no Sensou

Post by McKnight »

Just noticed that both this and your thread for Kuro no Heira Glaphicos lack the poll that's required by the petition guidelines. I think that would explain why neither of these have gotten any responses, unlike most other threads on this board. Be sure to add that in, and you might have more luck.
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

Poll added.
Patron God of NTRed
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Wasn't there an anime of this a while back?

I can't say I hate the old artwork... but I can say I've never liked the mix of SD MC with normal looking girls; it's quite distracting. If you don't want your MC to have a distinctive look, just make him look generic like the standard "reader is the protagonist" style series art and run with that. >.>

But yes, the manga art does look much better, though it loses it's 90s-esque styling in he process.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
electro41587
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by electro41587 »

I liked the manga it seam to me it would become a story based around strategy

some one translate this story please :cry:
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

denormative wrote:Wasn't there an anime of this a while back?
I've checked and there wasn't. Only a manga version stalled at 2 volumes that was translated up to chapter 5.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

TheCatWalk wrote: It has 2 manga volumes out but the series was stalled.Sadly

Manga Covers [They're like heavenly paintings compared to the novel illustrations :roll: ]
-->
Spoiler! :
Image Image

lol, I noticed that just now... and I have to agree... They are heavenly paintings comparing to novel illustrations. I guess if no one recomends I would never read this one... Since I like good illustrations too(I know that I'm wrong though, you shouldn't judge a book for it's cover, but I do, problem :roll: )
Call me Nurin!

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Its bad to judge a book by its cover - its better to judge by its back (- the summary - if there is one ;))
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Darklor wrote:Its bad to judge a book by its cover - its better to judge by its back (- the summary - if there is one ;))
Basically its like this--->
Spoiler! :
The mc gets summoned to a different world. a fantasy world where there are ongoing wars , demon VS humans. actually its 'all the other races' VS humans. the human side being the bad guys and the antagonists.
the mc, who is a human, and a pretty degraded one at that [compare him to the pig from accel world and u shall see the picture]. but he is only like that physically. Mentally he is a coward, a villain and a pretty successful one at that. but since he is also shy, and kind while being a villain, he gets beat up by bullies irl everyday.blah blah blah.
[but he is baddass in his own way. he can perfectly see how damn cruel the world is. and how u need to get ur hands dirty to deal with other dirty people. This one time, he purposely gets beat in front of people gets hooks up the cops on those bullies, lolz, baddass.]
so he was living an idiotically boring and painful life on earth until one day when he was gonna go to this trip, like an excursion. but their bus gets caught up in an accident and he 'was supposed to die on a heart-attack'. the other students were all supposed to survive since 'the bus didnt actually collide with anything but passed by'. the mc died being scared and then a heart attack.
but then this 'mahou shoujo' comes down. she shows the scene from the future of where his 'supposed friends' were all laughing and insulting the mc's cowardice after his funeral. she makes a deal with him and sends him to another world [ the mc also didnt want to live in that cruel bully contaminated world any longer] where he becomes the successor of the maou [ who is also an otaku like him]
it seems that all the previous maou;s of that realm were actually beings that got summoned from other worlds. specifically, from kantou. and all of them were probably social degrades. they all come down tho this world 'one or another way' whenever the demon;s face a new kind of crisis that they cant solve with their own brains/brawls.
in anycase, the previous maou bought akiba culture AND modern techs to the demons kingdom since he was an otaku. he lived there for about 'a loong' time. but he didnt know anything about warfare. and since the humans waged war against his kingdom, he was thinking of stepping down from the throne.and then our fat mc appeared. a history nerd.
the story is about how the mc leads the demon kingdom to war against the human imperialists. with his strategies and plans. [in the later chaps, he actually makes the demons produce machine guns and bomb and other modern armaments. teches them the modern way of combat that depends on fast kills and speed rather than the old way which depended on armor+personal-strength of certain individuals that controlled the flow of the battle.]
there are certain other elements mixed in too but thats about the gist of it i guess?
p.s.- the main heroines isnt the mahou shoujo. its the airheaded green haired demon with the scythe who is also a poking amazing murderer!!
p.s.s.- the demon kingdom isnt only the home of demons, its about 50% demons and 50% human+other races. the humans here are believers of equality [a concept which was brought along with one of the previous maous] so they have no problems living, working and falling with love with demons and the other races. The imparialist empire of the humans is one where all the humans believe the are just and other races go against gods teaching blablahblah. u get the picture right?
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

100% yes from me. read through the first volume of manga and would love any way possible to continue the story... unfortunately no group is scanning the second volume, and even worse it's starting into a beet the vandel buster worthy hiatus stretch, so translated light novels would be amazing

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”