Boku to Kanojo ni Furu Yoru

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this literature translated?

"I might try translating this"
3%
"Very much"
83%
"Yes"
13%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 94

mada
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Boku to Kanojo ni Furu Yoru

Post by mada »

Synopsis (Temporary):
Sugamu Naito was just an average high school boy in (almost) every aspects of his. However, it was changed when he witnessed a battle between magicians (MakaiJutsushi). He was saved by a young girl in all black, Yoruyomiru, who proclaimed that she was also a magician (MakaiJutsushi). With a mischief smile, she showed what a magician able to do. Somehow, he was captivated by the girl. At that fateful encounter, the meeting with the girl, his memories was shaken and realized that he also able to do the same. Now that he knows the existence of dark world, he was moved by something inside of him, and took a step forward into the world which was far different from the world he had been lived for years.
Boku to Kanojo ni Furu Yoru (ぼくと彼女に降る夜)
written by 八街 歩 (Yachimata Ayumu)
illustrated by 深崎暮人 (Misaki Kurehito)
published by Fujimishobo
number of volume: 9
source:Amazon.com

All people wish to participate are welcomed. For the moment, it is just in the Pre-Teaser status (pre- means preparation/before, which one suit you the best). It will be upgraded to Teaser in an uncertain time (probably after half of the first volume has been translated). And for anyone who wish to do the project in a faster pace (take over? Perhaps similar to it, but I couldn't words it well) are encouraged to contact staff of Baka-Tsuki. :wink:
Last edited by mada on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Greetings! And my apologies due to my bad English.

-mada desu
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Boku to Kanojo ni Furu Yoru

Post by denormative »

Between the 'boku' and the picture my brain just wants to read this title as "Night Falls on Me and My Gal". :P

That or "Darkness Falls..." for a more chunni feel. :)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
mada
Mikuru's Master

Post by mada »

denormative wrote: That or "Darkness Falls..." for a more chunni feel. :)
:lol:
Chunnibyou (syndrome)? or chunnibyou demo koi ... ? Hmm, if only the imagination of Rikka(heroine/female protagonist?) of chunnibyou is actually a reality (real one) perhaps it is similar. I haven't read that further, but indeed it kind of feel that way, feels chunni? :?

-mada desu
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

mada wrote:
denormative wrote: That or "Darkness Falls..." for a more chunni feel. :)
:lol:
Chunnibyou (syndrome)?
Yup. "Night Falls on Me and My Gal" is a bit more of a "film noir" feel to it; whereas "Darkness Falls on Me and My Gal" doesn't flow as nicely IMO, but matches more the <dramatic-voice>dark world</dramatic-voice> of the description. :P
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

mada wrote:published by Fujimishobo(?)
Correct.
mada wrote:number of volume: 5(?)
mada wrote:status: ?
Looks like it's completed; it was published from 2007 to 2010.
mada wrote:Currently, I've 2 volumes in my hands/possession which I stumbled upon in internet with low-medium quality. Well, I've browsed internet regarding this one but to no avail. I still don't know much about this one and whether there is someone already translating this one at other place. I just hope it will work out.
All volumes are on amazon as kindle downloads with updated cover at it seems: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... B%E5%A4%9C

Abbreviation is either "boruyoru" (author uses) or "boku yoru" (publisher uses) or "tonifuru" (because people can't just pick one...).
mada
Mikuru's Master

Post by mada »

Thanks. :D
It seems many questions appear in my head.

1. Couldn't denormative (project editors) edit the other user post? If it is possible, then the editing of the first post in this topic is encouraged/recommended for adding new related information.
2. What is the difference between Kindle版 and Kindle本? When I go to the detail of the specific volume, it shows no different. But, when I apply Kindleストア for the search filter, I found list of books with published year not the same with the link that denormative provided.
3. I had mistaken in sending pm; and it seems detected as spam because when I tried to send new pm to reply back for the person who replied my previous message, it take longer to be sent. Is my assumption correct? If yes, then how long (criteria) for me to be able to send pm?
edit:
4. Isn't it will be a problem to post link to the source? Or it will only be a problem if the source link is the **rate one/version?
About the abbreviation, I don't mind which one is used. Well, I used "BtKnFY" as the prefix for the name of illustrations file which I submitted to wiki. Thus, if people then/later decided which abbreviation is used, then the name of illustrations file will be changed. I'm glad that I didn't submit illustrations for volume 2 yet.

Well, there is still many. But I think it is not related to this topic and not too important (perhaps?), so I will search in the forum.

-mada desu
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

mada wrote:1. Couldn't denormative (project editors) edit the other user post? If it is possible, then the editing of the first post in this topic is encouraged/recommended for adding new related information.
Yes, but it's not the politest thing to do. I only do it when someone is being impolite to begin with such as posting spoilers where they shouldn't be. Or there's other extenuating circumstances. Basically I feel if I'm changing words credited to someone else, I should have a good reason.
mada wrote:2. What is the difference between Kindle版 and Kindle本? When I go to the detail of the specific volume, it shows no different. But, when I apply Kindleストア for the search filter, I found list of books with published year not the same with the link that denormative provided.
I only see Kindle版, but that might be because I'm logged in with a kindle account.

If you're asking the different between filtering by '本' or by 'Kindleストア' in the left column; the 本 lists both physical and kindle versions which shows a couple of left-over database entries for the old paperback versions that don't seem to have been cleaned out, in addition to the kindle-only ones. Putting the link to the Kindleストア filtered version in the top post would be fine.
mada wrote:3. I had mistaken in sending pm; and it seems detected as spam because when I tried to send new pm to reply back for the person who replied my previous message, it take longer to be sent. Is my assumption correct? If yes, then how long (criteria) for me to be able to send pm?
If you're asking about the PM sitting in the 'outbox', I believe it appears in the 'outbox' queue until the person actually sees the 'new messages' in their inbox or reads it. So it's probably they just haven't visited since you sent it or something.
mada wrote:4. Isn't it will be a problem to post link to the source? Or it will only be a problem if the source link is the **rate one/version?
About the abbreviation, I don't mind which one is used. Well, I used "BtKnFY" as the prefix for the name of illustrations file which I submitted to wiki. Thus, if people then/later decided which abbreviation is used, then the name of illustrations file will be changed. I'm glad that I didn't submit illustrations for volume 2 yet.
No links to raw files are allowed in the forums. In fact it's one of the things that we use the editing privileges to remove. :P
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

denormative wrote: No links to raw files are allowed in the forums. In fact it's one of the things that we use the editing privileges to remove. :P
But no one is stopping you from through PMs.
P.S Asking about raws also alerts the PEs.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Well, the synopsis seems too generic but I liked the illustration, so am looking forward to it. :wink:
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Does anyone know about this series author Auymu Yachimata's another series published on Fujimi Shobo called :バーガント反英雄譚 ?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

DoomCalibur wrote:Does anyone know about this series author Auymu Yachimata's another series published on Fujimi Shobo called :バーガント反英雄譚 ?
About the Bargantos antihero stories,it seems interesting.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

DoomCalibur wrote:Does anyone know about this series author Auymu Yachimata's another series published on Fujimi Shobo called :バーガント反英雄譚 ?
Yeah, I read that.
Actually, volume 1 is available to read on Fujimishobo's site for free(2 days left).
Though I prefer the illustration of this series, BokuKano.
Last edited by Rohan123 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Code-Zero wrote:
Yeah, I read that.
Actually, volume 1 is available to read on Fujimishobo's site for free(2 days left).
Though I prefer the illustration of this series, BokuKano.
Code Zero can you give me a summary about it please? Apparently after reading through a few vols of Boku To Kanojo ni Furu Yoru, I came to realize how good this author is and wanting to check more about his work.
mada
Mikuru's Master

Post by mada »

DoomCalibur wrote: Code Zero can you give me a summary about it please? Apparently after reading through a few vols of Boku To Kanojo ni Furu Yoru, I came to realize how good this author is and wanting to check more about his work.
Hmm, I want it to be translated too. :D
Is it in progress? I'm looking forward to it! Well, it just because I can't read nihongo with fast enough speed. Now, I know what it really means to not "ask the translator to rush it"

-mada desu
mada
Mikuru's Master

Post by mada »

Spoiler! :
Story Synopsis
Sugamu Naito was just an average high school boy in (almost) every aspects of his. However, it was changed when he witnessed a battle between magicians (MakaiJutsushi). He was saved by a young girl in all black, Yoruyomiru, who proclaimed that she was also a magician (MakaiJutsushi). With a mischief smile, she showed what a magician able to do. Somehow, he was captivated by the girl. At that fateful encounter, the meeting with the girl, his memories was shaken and realized that he also able to do the same. Now that he knows the existence of dark world, he was moved by something inside of him, and took a step forward into the world which was far different from the world he had been lived for years.
Well, that is my suggestion. Does anyone who have read the light novel have a better suggestion?

-mada desu

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”