Meigyoku no Almaine (冥玉のアルメイン)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Would you like to see more of this novel?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 104

DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Meigyoku no Almaine (冥玉のアルメイン)

Post by DoomCalibur »

Man suddenly I want to confirm Almaine's relation with many more characters apart from Naria and Hilde.... Like Almaine's adoptive father, the current king and the orange ponytail haired girl (Also eyepatch) who I thinks she is one of the princesses as well.....And most of all the maid who always stays by Almaine side......
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

DoomCalibur wrote:Man suddenly I want to confirm Almaine's relation with many more characters apart from Naria and Hilde.... Like Almaine's adoptive father, the current king and the orange ponytail haired girl (Also eyepatch) who I thinks she is one of the princesses as well.....And most of all the maid who always stays by Almaine side......
Spoiler! :
His adoptive father is dead, there is no current king at the end of volume 1 although there are two proxies for the time being (Almaine and orange-hair), and the orange girl is indeed one his many sisters who happens to be fond of sleeping with women. Almaine's maids are a clan of sorceresses who do the king/stone owner's dirty work. Magic has mostly died out, as throughout Almaine's travels the most magic he's seen is a fire from a hag's finger in the middle of nowhere about the same size as you'd get from a match. The maids do have more notable magic as they've been striving to maintain it. In volume 1, they only do a couple notable things with sorcery as the volume focuses on politics, and then more politics. Also crazies (everyone) and some assassins.
I should really get around to volume 2.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

After reading volume 3, I must say this is a twisted LN! :)

Example of twisted plot:
Spoiler! :
The previous King:
The father of most of the royals. He was a horny King who had about 9 wives. One of them being Almaine’s mum. His sexual desire became so insane that he started enjoying and making a certain “man” screw his wife every night. The King died sometime within the time skip.

Naria:
Alamine’s step sister.
Later, it was revealed that she is Alamine’s actual sister. So they share the same mother and father. She originally lived with Almaine and his parents, but was later adopted by the King due to his first mistress’s request. The reason for the Queen to adopt Naria was due to her desire to secure her seat as the First Queen/Wife of the King.

Merrca:

She was said to be Almaine’s half-sister. She was supposed to be the daughter of the late King and Almaine’s mother. She’s a twisted little girl who was the mastermind of the event in volume 1. She doesn’t fear killing anyone for her brother and dream(That also includes killing the other royal family).
It was later revealed that she is in fact Almaine’s genuine sister. Their father was imprisoned by the late-King and was often taken out of the prison due have intercourse with his previous wife (who was the King’s wife at that time) every night as the King watched.

Almaine’s mother:
Mother of Almaine, Naria, and Merrca.
She was originally married to a different man, but the King took her as her mistress. Even after the marriage, the King would make her sleep with her previous husband as the King watched. Hiltrud was the one who suggested the King to do this. Died during the timeskip.

Almaine’s father:
Father of Almaine, Naria, and Merrca.
He was a low-class soldier and was married to his late wife. He would usually be drunk when he was off duty. After the King stole his wife, he was abducted and prisoned. The King would take him out at night to have him perform acts with his previous wife. He was quite twisted and enjoyed doing what the King commanded.
He was kept as a prisoner even after the death of the late King. He would reveal the birth of Naria and Merrca to Naria in volume 3. Merrca would hypnotise Naria to have her speak what she was hiding from her. He would later be killed by Merrca’s maid after Merrca ordered her to do so.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Enigma wrote:
DoomCalibur wrote:Man suddenly I want to confirm Almaine's relation with many more characters apart from Naria and Hilde.... Like Almaine's adoptive father, the current king and the orange ponytail haired girl (Also eyepatch) who I thinks she is one of the princesses as well.....And most of all the maid who always stays by Almaine side......
Spoiler! :
His adoptive father is dead, there is no current king at the end of volume 1 although there are two proxies for the time being (Almaine and orange-hair), and the orange girl is indeed one his many sisters who happens to be fond of sleeping with women. Almaine's maids are a clan of sorceresses who do the king/stone owner's dirty work. Magic has mostly died out, as throughout Almaine's travels the most magic he's seen is a fire from a hag's finger in the middle of nowhere about the same size as you'd get from a match. The maids do have more notable magic as they've been striving to maintain it. In volume 1, they only do a couple notable things with sorcery as the volume focuses on politics, and then more politics. Also crazies (everyone) and some assassins.
I should really get around to volume 2.
Code-Zero wrote:After reading volume 3, I must say this is a twisted LN! :)

Example of twisted plot:
Spoiler! :
The previous King:
The father of most of the royals. He was a horny King who had about 9 wives. One of them being Almaine’s mum. His sexual desire became so insane that he started enjoying and making a certain “man” screw his wife every night. The King died sometime within the time skip.

Naria:
Alamine’s step sister.
Later, it was revealed that she is Alamine’s actual sister. So they share the same mother and father. She originally lived with Almaine and his parents, but was later adopted by the King due to his first mistress’s request. The reason for the Queen to adopt Naria was due to her desire to secure her seat as the First Queen/Wife of the King.

Merrca:

She was said to be Almaine’s half-sister. She was supposed to be the daughter of the late King and Almaine’s mother. She’s a twisted little girl who was the mastermind of the event in volume 1. She doesn’t fear killing anyone for her brother and dream(That also includes killing the other royal family).
It was later revealed that she is in fact Almaine’s genuine sister. Their father was imprisoned by the late-King and was often taken out of the prison due have intercourse with his previous wife (who was the King’s wife at that time) every night as the King watched.

Almaine’s mother:
Mother of Almaine, Naria, and Merrca.
She was originally married to a different man, but the King took her as her mistress. Even after the marriage, the King would make her sleep with her previous husband as the King watched. Hiltrud was the one who suggested the King to do this. Died during the timeskip.

Almaine’s father:
Father of Almaine, Naria, and Merrca.
He was a low-class soldier and was married to his late wife. He would usually be drunk when he was off duty. After the King stole his wife, he was abducted and prisoned. The King would take him out at night to have him perform acts with his previous wife. He was quite twisted and enjoyed doing what the King commanded.
He was kept as a prisoner even after the death of the late King. He would reveal the birth of Naria and Merrca to Naria in volume 3. Merrca would hypnotise Naria to have her speak what she was hiding from her. He would later be killed by Merrca’s maid after Merrca ordered her to do so.
Thanks a lot you guys!! Now that is something!! Cant believe this royal families is so twisted........ That said I wonder if Almaine has also changed after running away from the palace? I meant he spent almost many years outside the palace so surely he must have experienced a lot of changed in his personality right?
As for Naria and Merrca (Correct me if I am wrong but she is the little girl with blue twin pigtail hair right?), what happened to them when they found out about that shocking truth?
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

DoomCalibur wrote:Thanks a lot you guys!! Now that is something!! Cant believe this royal families is so twisted........ That said I wonder if Almaine has also changed after running away from the palace? I meant he spent almost many years outside the palace so surely he must have experienced a lot of changed in his personality right?
As for Naria and Merrca (Correct me if I am wrong but she is the little girl with blue twin pigtail hair right?), what happened to them when they found out about that shocking truth?
Almaine becomes well practiced in swordsmanship and at using his head thanks to his travels. He's now wary of women, though, much to Naria's dismay. He can talk to them fine but getting too close or personal contact greatly disturbs him. Menica uses this to taunt her as Almaine is perfectly fine being around little girls and old ladies. During his travels, he would also get into absurd situations thanks to essentially what I believe was the stone screwing him over. An example is he would get caught up in another nobility's family issues, where it resulted in him giving the queen or someone his sword so they could kill themselves with it, or be at odds with an infamous homosexual assassin group. So he's very experienced and the only person who could probably beat him in swordsmanship in volume 01 is Naria, since that's pretty much her whole shtick.

I can't tell you about them finding out about it, but going by their personalities from volume 1:
Spoiler! :
Naria's obviously in love with her "step brother", but the main religion in the land forbids sibling marriage even if they aren't blood related. She has problems coping with this and when she sees Menica hugging Almaine, sitting on his lap, or sleeping with him (like a sister with a brother), she gets very antsy and agitated. An antagonist actually brings up her obvious feelings for Almaine in volume 01 to confuse her to try to convince her to kill Kareen, but her loyalty to Almaine wins in the end and she cuts off the person's ear. I imagine her finding out certainly isn't going to help her mentality any. I do wonder if that makes Hiltrud Almaine's real sister as well, or if Naria and her being sisters was just in writing.

Menica loves Almaine despite the law and has absolutely no intention of obeying it. In fact, she wants Almaine to rule everything and she plans to be the only one by his side for it. I can't imagine this revelation meaning much to her, if she hadn't figured it out already.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

....Man the more I see the spoiler the more I want to read it right away...... So this is what they means by"Curiousity kill the cat"....
Anyway now that you brought it up, where is Hiltrud now seeing she is a major character who has a lot of influence in vol 1 so I dont think the author is going to kill her off now ( I think she disappeared somewhere during vol 1 and that is why Almaine was summoned back to the palace. Is that right?). Man where the hell is she now. Any ideas?
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

DoomCalibur wrote:....Man the more I see the spoiler the more I want to read it right away...... So this is what they means by"Curiousity kill the cat"....
Anyway now that you brought it up, where is Hiltrud now seeing she is a major character who has a lot of influence in vol 1 so I dont think the author is going to kill her off now ( I think she disappeared somewhere during vol 1 and that is why Almaine was summoned back to the palace. Is that right?). Man where the hell is she now. Any ideas?
Spoiler! :
Oh, she died in volume 1, from kind of the same symptoms his mother was going through. She did have the king's jewel thing but Almaine got it shortly after she died, which was right at the start of the novel. She is on the cover of volume 2 and looking at the illustrations, a new blonde girl is quoting her (about the creepy bird stuff and in an eerily similar tone, apparently). I don't actually know what that's about as I haven't read it, of course, so I'm not sure why I'm replying.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Someone had better translate this... Please drop a few of your low rated ecchi translation projects in favor of this please...

BTW my thread author, I don't know about the accuracy of your translation, but the fluidity of your translation is top notch. By all means become the translator of this series.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Guest wrote:Someone had better translate this... Please drop a few of your low rated ecchi translation projects in favor of this please...

BTW my thread author, I don't know about the accuracy of your translation, but the fluidity of your translation is top notch. By all means become the translator of this series.
.....That sounds a bit too forceful ya know? At any rate, not any translator actually in favor of this series and Enigma has once declined that translation request so sorry my man.....
Nex
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Nex »

Could try translating the first chapter if there a Chinese raws available.

If not, :( :(
Borderose
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Borderose »

Wow! This is great! I sense some pretty awesome royal court drama in the making here. This is my kind of story!
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Nex wrote:Could try translating the first chapter if there a Chinese raws available.

If not, :( :(
Congratulation man! The Chinese raw is out!! Better grab it now! Or else we can't check this awesome story out!!
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Ah,,,,,! Its been a while!!! I am back......with no motivation at all upon seeing how close this thread is to an abandoned house......
Anyhow the chinese translation sure did a good job now with vol1 and vol2. Vol 1 doesn't have anything much to say because all it do much is introducing the setting. Vol 2 is where our real challenge kick off.
Spoiler! :
The blonde in the colored illustration turned out to be Almaine's old friend ( or partner she claimed). The new kid was the ambassador of a neighboring kingdom and he along with that blonde ( She was hired ok) came to mourn for king recent death. Later that brat publicly annouced himself as another illegimate child of the King using his hair color and eye color along with many facts. He tried to get the help of the Saint of the religion in Almaine country as well as the old fox Prim minister. He insulted that orange hair girl, lying that she was a fraud child not having the blood of the king flowed in her vein but instead of a low general. She became enraged and nearly command her own army to kill that brat along with his collaborators but stopped by Nariya who managed to sneak a peek upon her sweet time with other girls. She later planned to have her sweet sleepless night with her favored girl to vent her recent stress only to find out that that girl was dead and in her chest is a royal knife which belong to a knight in royal family ( Whom she deemed to be Nariya since no one in her army dared to do so). She got blinded by her anger this time and nearly dyed the whole white palace into red blood just to find Nariya and Almaine. But in the end with help of Karin's special magic squad maid, Almaine put a stop to her madness, who vowed to have her revenge on Almaine and NAriya as long as she is alive. With this Almaine has finally kicked all of his rival for the throne (With the exception of the new kid as it later revealed that he was lying all the time...... The detail will be explanied in another time as I am too tired now).With this the rough summary of vol 2 done. I will went into detail about the characters later.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Man..... The chinese raw stopped around vol 2..... while japanese raw currently at vol 4...... Sad......
That said the review regarding vol 3 and vol 4 is very positive, especially with vol 3 completely settle with Alamain being the only King candiate left. Meanwhile vol 4 left a pretty huge cliffhanger
Spoiler! :
regarding the Shade stone's secret as well as Hiltrud's lingering presence...... to the point it hinted the she might have resurrected somewhere in the dark!! It was stated that the Shade stone has something to do with her lingering presence....... Not confimed yet......
Link to the spoiler: http://uzumakugaran.blog.163.com/blog/s ... 045511567/

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”