Seikoku no Ryu to Powder Kiss/ (聖黒の龍と火薬の儀式)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 45

TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Seikoku no Ryu to Powder Kiss/ (聖黒の龍と火薬の儀式)

Post by TheCatWalk »

Frankly speaking, it goes like this:
Asagiri Kei is boy who has had part of his soul ripped apart a sent into the Netherworld. This allows him to use the power of magic, a mysterious power of black flames stronger than any other magic. But only in exchange of that lost part of his soul which is constantly being eaten by the denizens of the other side. Asagiri Kei works as an <Antique Hunter> for the Kaorun Company AKA the <Company> of Hong Kong. One day while returning from a job to Koarun Academy City in Japan, he was kidnapped by a weird but very capable group and brought to the far side of the city. By some weird but acceptable (cuz it’s a light novel damnit XD ) turn of events, she was made to become the owner of a very rare kind of antique in the form of a blonde British girl named Victoria. This particular antique is supposed to be the Key that can save Kei from being devoured by the other side. Surpassing the magic power by supplying the vast and excess power to Victoria. It’s a win win situation for both of them, since Kei gets his excess power out and Victoria get enough mana to maintain her human form. But the only problem is the method----by kissing her once per day. (Wow~ that was soooo unexpected lolz)

The men that kidnapped Kei were actually his elder sis’s subordinates and Victoria was supposedly seized by his sister from another organization similar to the <Company>. It can save him so the last massage she left Kei was “Do no ever lose sight of Victoria.” (or maybe, “Never let go of Victoria.” ???)
The main story centers around Kei and his self-proclaimed wifey Victoria. Being a ‘ULTRA SUPER AMAZINGLY RARE’ antique that she is, Victoria is of course being targeted by other collectors. Also targeting her are people similar to Kei who had the soul ripped away to the Netherworld by taboo magic since she is thought to be the key to be able to save people like them. (F*cking read along) as the heart pumping ‘One kiss per day’ relationship of Kei and Victoria progresses as Kei risks his life to protect Victoria from the evil dudes targeting her (and to reject all the love rival chicks targeting him).
About antiques:
Basically they various objects (weapons, watches, pens, books, silverware, blah blah blah, anything that can count as a ‘tool’ for human use or maybe more) that after a loooong time of existing have gained (life)+(a sense of self)+(human form)+(magic abilities). It usually takes thousands of years (maybe hundreds) for objects to awaken as an <Antique>, hence the name. This <Antiques> make contracts with humans for a supply of mana, which allows then to maintain their human form. In exchange they allow their contractors AKA owner their special powers/magic. Each and every <Antique> has a human form and the method of supplying mana to them varies <Antique> to <Antique>. It just so happens that the method for the main heroine of our story is ‘a sweet sugary kiss.’
Characters:

Asagiri Kei:

Spoiler! :
A not so normal high school student. A boy who has had part of his soul ripped apart a sent into the Netherworld. This allows him to use the power of magic, a mysterious power of black flames stronger than any other magic. But only in exchange of that lost part of his soul which is constantly being eaten by the denizens of the other side, in his case, it’s said to be a dragon of some kind. His kind of people are normally called “A child who’s soul has been exchanged”.

His power is manipulation of dark flames. When he uses his powers, black scales similar to a lizard appeared on his body. The numbers they appear in are proportional to the amount of soul that’s being devoured. The more he uses it, the faster his soul will be eaten. If he over uses, he will turn into something ‘Not Human’ both is body and mind. He says that right now his body is that of a monster but he still has human reasoning. That’s why he has been searching for a way to cure himself all his life.
He is a treated as a monster by most of his peers and nicknamed “Child of the Black Dragon” [黒龍咳子--- Heck I can’t translate that >.< ]. Special move is probably “Black Flame Fang”which isn’t a fang at all.

He was made to be the owner of Victoria against his will and very suddenly. It was all set up by his sister. But Victoria seems to be the key that can save him, so he is not sure how to handle her, as she keeps demanding kisses from him and claims that she is his wife in public. At first he rejects it but begins to warm up to her.
He is Asagiri Mei’s younger Brother and childhood friends with Amemiya Touko. He was brought to Kaorun city in Japan as Touko’s exclusive use <Antique Hunter>. He was raised in Hong Kong but was born in Japan. The only friend he had since childhood was just Touko. Seems to care about her as his only ‘friend’. (DAMN RIGHT SHE’S A ‘only friend’ NOW. Cause he’s got a wife nyahahaha.)

Personality wise, he seems to think both negatively and positively about himself. Wants to distance himself from people because he might accidentally hurt them. He thinks himself as a monster, maybe that’s why he can see heart to heart with Voctoria (Both being non humans). Always in a gloomy mood and has a sarcastic smile hanging from his face. But he takes action when he needs to and can become very capable too.
Victoria Brownbase:

Spoiler! :
The heroine of our story. She is a big breasted, bright eyed, blonde British girl. But that’s only her outward appearance. Actually, she is a living tool called an <Antique>.

Victoria is the <Antique> of the old fashioned rifle-gun thingy (musket) called the Brownbase. She half-forcefully made a contract with Kei. After being rescued by Mei and coming all the way to Japan to make that contract, she self-righteously calls herself Kei’s wife (Which I very much support).

She has a kuudere+deredere type personality. I mean, one moment, you can’t guess what the heck she is thinking and another moment she demands a kiss from Kei. (She is very much like Saber from Fate Stay Night). Other than that, she is very devoted to Kei. Always trying to act like a good wife but messing up. She also seems to be very well aware that it might be impossible for Kei to actually except her and that she is forcing her situation on him. As smart as she is, she can tell that Touko has feelings for Kei. But she herself will not separate herself from Kei because she knows that she is the key to save Kei. (She isn’t aware of the details herself though)

Victoria is British. So being British that she is, she is crazy about her 3PM tea time. Even saying that “Those who ignore it do not have the right to live” or something like that. She is very knowledgeable about the varieties of tea out there. (As proven in her first date with Kei)

As mentioned before, Victoria is the <Antique> Brownbase, a musket gun. She received the blessing/grace of her majesty the queen of the British Empire by a kiss (she was still a gun back then and wasn’t an <Antique>…..maybe…). That’s why in her case, the way to supply mana to her is by kissing her. She is a very special type of <Antique>. Not even Kei’s sister, Asagiri Mei could handle her. The amount of mana needed for her to maintain her human form can only be supplied by Kei’s type of people.

P.S.- My favourite character so far.
P.P.S.- I will probably update this soon cause I feel that I missed something, but I just can’t put my finger on it.
Amemiya Touko:

Spoiler! :
Amemiya Touko is the love child of the leader of <Kaorun Company>. She is also the current manager of <Kaorun Comapany>’s Japan branch in Kaorun City. (Plus she is the board chairman of Kaorun Academy).
Childhood friends with Asagiri Kei. She harbours obvious feelings for him. Kei was her only friend when she was a child. Being a love child, she didn’t really receive much favourable treatment. Then she met Kei, made the promise to always remain his ally and help him recover and has been employing him ever since as her personal exclusive <Antique Hunter>. The most noticeable thing is that she becomes super dere for Kei when he is around but when he is not, she becomes a lip tight tsun.
Touko went through many hardships in order to reach her current position. She went through hell (according to monologues) to earn her authority. She has a bodyguard called Sylvia always around her. She literally keeps a leash on Sylvia. Her battle dress is a hot China dress, totally red coloured.
When she first met Victoria, she wasn’t very happy about it. She also told Victoria to stay away from Kei because Victoria might hurt him (damn this *****). Even later in the series, she clearly states her jealousy. But unlike some other jealous side character females, she shows concern for Kei and Victoria…on matters…..
(Cat’s Personal Comment – Frankly speaking….I don’t really like her.)
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Seikoku no Ryu to Powder Kiss/ (聖黒の龍と火薬の儀式)

Post by hayashi_s »

Cat. You don't even have a poll.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
OhHaiThar
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OhHaiThar »

I think the concept is pretty nice, haven't seen one like this. Somewhat like Soul eater due to the weapon/human thing. But that transfer of mana concept. I hope this gets picked up somehow. Well if it does I'm willing to offer any kind of editing(English) help.
kuroryuu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroryuu »

I hope this can be translated soon, this plot is relly interesting and i must say that the heroine is the one of the best of all the LN i have read so far
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

So... This is like Ben-to but with tea? Also, shounen series with we will not have to wait 12 Volumes+ for main characters to kiss? Why this is not translated yet :?: 8)

Just joking, this looks fun to read.
DragonKing0117
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DragonKing0117 »

The concept is interesting, and since it deals with an MC that does NOT wait until the end of the series to have his first kiss, it is definitely a must read! It's kinda similar to Magika to Shoukan Maou in that regard except that MC is required to make a harem in order to survive instead of just a single kiss everyday.
fangballad67
Astral Realm

Post by fangballad67 »

kuroryuu wrote:I hope this can be translated soon, this plot is relly interesting and i must say that the heroine is the one of the best of all the LN i have read so far
i sure hope so

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”