Who secretly thinks Haruhi is a lesbian or bi?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Shariku Onikage
Astral Realm

Post by Shariku Onikage »

Argh, i zoomed in to register just when i read the majority of these comments, but not the last one thatsays what i wanted it to say.

But yeah, in the field of whether or not Haruhi is straight, gay, bi, whatever, she is open field, as shown by her own comments to Kyon. But, as should be obvious really, her actual preference is An Interesting Person. I'm pretty sure if a girl approached her and nervously confessed their feelings, she'd do the exact same thing she would with any boy that asks her the same thing.

But it is a curious subject as to how sexual she really is in the first place. I mean, you have to remember, this is Haruhi, she is not a secrecative person. She answers honestly and always barges in. It stands to reason that she's probably the same with sex. Since she's never gone beyond mild groping of Asahina, it makes me wonder if she's holding back on that last step (which isn't like Haruhi really) or just not all that interested as opposed to everything else she wnats to do.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

mind you, even Haruhi has sexual urges, she did say so along the lines of it when mentioning to Kyon, when he wonders why she kept dumping all those poor blokes who confess.

You have to think of it, as that she get excited physically and mentally when she meets someone interesting. That first person was kyon, on the outside he's boring, but like a baby chick, the first impressions are the best.

:p

sneaky kyon, getting them young, and ctach them when they are ready for harvest :D

I think Mikuru is a semi-interested person to Haruhi, but i personally think it's mixed with a little known thing called female competition, and envy.
And we know she subconciously like Kyon, because of past incidents.

She knows kyon frowns over Mikuru, and she can't help but try to enforce "who is boss" so she technically sexually harrass her :p
I can image threesomes happening, with mikuru in it, but while kyon would love to have a go with mikuru no doubt she will be the one on the side, getting only the left overs or something.....

:twisted:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kamera
Astral Realm

Post by Kamera »

I don't think that Haruhi has any idea of her own sexual orientation.

In the same way that many boys often don't notice girls until their mid teens (because they are too busy being boys) I think Haruhi just isn't interested.

Her primary interest is in meeting exiting and unusual aliens/people and having fun with them. The character (as written) seems too immature to think realistacally of having sexual fun with them.

I think the molesting of Mikuru is more a lack of self control / bossiness gone to far than any clear indication of writers intent. It also gives readers / watchers a good laugh and Kyon the chance to stand up to Haruhi when the others won't.

In many ways she treats Mikuru like a walking doll she can dress up and use to attract aliens etc.

Any feelings of romantic love she has seems to be for Kyon but Haruhi doesn't seem able to admit this to herself.

This is probably just as well since any feelings he has in return are equally well supressed.

For my money she is strait but if the remaining (and yet to be written) stories prove otherwise I'm not going to sulk.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

well if hey LegendaryTurtle, if you are willing to purpose a smutt board specifically your hentai loving needs be your guest....by the way I am i no way responsible for this.

:P

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”