How does everyone read the light novels?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Yeah some of these filters are really annoying. :?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

!

?

^^
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
ArGus
Astral Realm

Post by ArGus »

Beware of the power of off-topicness. Anyway, I read the light novels by saving the chapters as a text document, converting it into jpeg format, and then putting it into my PSP. :)
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

Since Oni didn't do it, I got rid of some of the more annoying ones. If you guys want one that's annoying off, send me a PM, and I'll see about it. :)

...Admin powers are teh awesome... XD
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Why jpeg? Get a ebook reader for your PSP or just read it from the page!

If you haven't used home brew before... you don't know what you're missing bro. I download all my PSP games, I have a SNES, GBA, AND PSX emulator in my PSP. I have FF7 on my PSP!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Bicube wrote:Since Oni didn't do it, I got rid of some of the more annoying ones. If you guys want one that's annoying off, send me a PM, and I'll see about it. :)

...Yuki powers are teh awesome... XD
Filter the word torrent to be "magical hobo" if you could. Back to my reading now. Finally reading book 2. :D
ArGus
Astral Realm

Post by ArGus »

Guest lol wrote:Why jpeg? Get a ebook reader for your PSP or just read it from the page!

If you haven't used home brew before... you don't know what you're missing bro. I download all my PSP games, I have a SNES, GBA, AND PSX emulator in my PSP. I have FF7 on my PSP!
Well, I have used homebrew, but I really didn't use that many, so I upgraded. Of course, this was a while ago, but I don't really regret it.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Didn't regret it? o_O. When I'm bored waiting for something, I can pull out Chrono Cross and start playing! Have you gotten into the good home brew stuff? Or did you just play crappy games/apps?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i use a homebrew text reader on my psp.

it works great, way better then ther stupid jpg thing i had to use before, which hogged space on my mem stick.

oh guest, can you p.m the GBA emulator you use on your psp? i play alot of Super robot wars, it'll be nice to use my psp for games when i dont want to read or watch videos...

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Oh bittersweet irony.

A PSP used to play GBA games, to be happy, or to be sad?

TEST: administrator
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Yeah sure, I'll send it by email. If anybody else wants one you can PM me too. If you have version 1.5 or custom firmware, you can run the emulator directly from the XMB. If you have 2.8, you need eLoader to run it, and if you have anything about 2.8, you just can't run it. There's a 2.8/2.81 downgrader out atm so you can downgrade if you want.
If you need assistance in downgrading or using any kind of home brew, my friend has a forum page and is a troubleshooter on a PSP forum for homebrew and psp ISO problems.
Be warned though: Everytime you flash your PSP (write on it's internal memory reserved for gameboots, firmware etc), there's a risk that your PSP may become bricked and become perminantly useless. It's a good idea to get recovery mode on your PSP though so you can recover it if it's not a complete brick.
The GBA emulator sometimes crashes (well, quite often actually), so it's a good idea to save every 10 minutes-ish.
The emulator also overclocks your PSP to 333mhz (from 222mhz) so it consumes a lot of power.

Edit: and the emulator can run RAR'd roms but they tend to work less efficiently.
xxsaznpride
Astral Realm

Post by xxsaznpride »

~ To be directly on-topic...

I read it right off the Wiki. My eyes start to hurt reading the writing after a while, so I just change the font size and make it a bit bigger. If I could, I would print it out in book format with book-useable paper, all the color illustrations in book style, and all that book-ness.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Welcome to the BT forum btw bro. :D
Dai·m-flo
Astral Realm

Post by Dai·m-flo »

In my monitor, directly from the wiki or in word.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”