Does anyone think Haruhi's personality is just a cover-up?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Kyon rejected what she was creating, that's why it would be a bad dream for her. As for the new world, of course she would act differently. The whole world would be different, aliens and ESPERs and time travelers everwhere - that's what she wants.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

If Haruhi's world was truly complete, then it'd be VERY weird. She gets bored of everything quickly so I'm guessing that it'd be espers on monday, aliens on tuesday, sliders on wednesday, time travelers on thursday, Kyons on fridays.... and keep on going.

And every 2 weeks, we get a new set of weird things!
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

She's too conflicting.
People who are incapable of resolving self characteristics appear to be this way. Some individuals find it possible to hold two distinctly dissimilar opinions about the same thing, which results in an enormous contradiction.

Haruhi is like that. She wants Kyon, but she doesn't want him, too. Girly Haruhi both wants and doesn't want Kyon, because he's the kind of guy that can accept her and possibly return affection if he had to, but she also rejects him because of her sense of propriety in how others should be subordinate to her. Eccentric Haruhi wants and doesn't want him, because Kyon (mostly) accepts her for who she is and helps her to explore that part of her, but she doesn't want him because he doesn't match her view of what "exciting" is and he tempers her madness instead of encouraging its expansion.

She can't "settle" for him, but she also can't live without him. A contradiction. An amusing contradiction.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd there goes lol's sig...
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

And after I went to the trouble of addblocking it, it still goes down eh?

Poor dude :D
/me claws out throat and dies
Nutcase
Astral Realm

Post by Nutcase »

Courage is feel the fear, do it anyway. Fearlessness is the product of doing it anyway and becoming sufficiently familiar with the it in question, up to a point. Haruhi is fearless about wearing the bunny girl outfit, but she's not fearless about stepping into "God Knows," for example. (The point is somewhat different in the novel, but let's not get distracted.) Courage is feel the fear, do it anyway.

Courage can be construed as a coverup for fear.

Haruhi is unmistakable in signalling her interest in Kyon, starting with cutting her hair. That's a fearless act of shockng magnitude - "Do I have your attention, Kyon?" The scene where Kyon asks, "can I go home now?" and she responds with her "road less traveled monologue" and then walks away from him, that's courage.

The shape of what is not said is very interesting.

Nutcase
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

HolyCow wrote:And after I went to the trouble of addblocking it, it still goes down eh?

Poor dude :D
I've got a backup 2nd sig. This one doesn't lag the crap outa your computer though. My 2nd laggy sig project will come eventually when I feel like it :twisted:
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Please don't? It's nigh impossible to adblock sigs on the Wii.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

xD

It won't be nearly as big, but still, depending on the frame rate I'm going for it could possibly be large. Maybe 1-2mb size this time.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Another Ryuk one?
/me claws out throat and dies
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Yes, it'll be Ryuk. This time he makes love to an apple.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

Guest lol wrote:Yes, it'll be Ryuk. This time he makes love to an apple.
This idea both disturbs and intrigues me.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

o_O;;; ..... WTF?

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”