Season 2--May 24th

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Season 2--May 24th

Post by b0mb3r »

Former Kyo-Ani director is apologizing for the endless eight arc during his panel discussion at otakon
Spoiler! :
now i don't really care what he says since he left before the production began but what caught my attention is the guy who ask the question that why a 3- page short story been turn into this many episodes. it makes me think, did he read it on baka-tsuki? just spreading the love here

baka baka baka
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

well, if we're following this saga, i might as well leave the follow-up here *NSFW site*

imo, KyoAni could have pulled their punches a bit on reacting to Yamakan's statement. the fact that he was once part of the SOS-Dan production team will not be changed, besides, its not like he wasn't more than professionally involved in the creation of the phenomenon.

right now, its still easy to like and love Haruhi as it did back in her heydays of '06-'07. the only difficult part is how the powers that be treat us devoted followers.. they took v10 from us, are they going to do the same to v4? of course i'll wait, but it won't change the fact that it has been, is, and will be a grueling ordeal.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Also here: http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/22/ya ... ess-8/3014

... I think we're going to have nightmares.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Please stop citing Sankaku or sites that cite Sankaku as sources.

Artefact is well-known for hating Haruhi, so of course he will jump on any chance to humiliate its fanbase.

Stop treating Sankaku as a news site. It's a tabloid through and through.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

well, i think the guys here who quote Sankaku (myself included) are well aware that it is far from a LEGITIMATE news source. at best, it is just a regularly updated otaku subculture blog. perhaps you were thinking of something more work-safe like ANN, Kaisos?

at any rate, if Kadokawa and KyoAni do not intend on delivering the goods, Haruhiism will still manage to survive thanks to the efforts of people like Puyo - though it will likely fizzle out and die in the long run unless Haruhi desires otherwise..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:Please stop citing Sankaku or sites that cite Sankaku as sources.

Artefact is well-known for hating Haruhi, so of course he will jump on any chance to humiliate its fanbase.

Stop treating Sankaku as a news site. It's a tabloid through and through.
On the surface, he's anti-Chinese, anti-Japanese, anti-Korean, anti-American, anti-British, you get the point.

You may need to re-learn the art of sarcasm, for everything Arte posts about contains some sort of sarcasm. You won't sleep well if you actually take everything he says seriously and get offended for no reason. Having corresponded in private with him personally, I can say he's actually quite a friendly, reasonable chap. Though he does admit that it was always amusing to see all sorts of mindless Anons getting riled up for no reason.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Irony (which is what you're referring to, not sarcasm) is near-impossible to understand over the Internet, for obvious reasons.

In effect, this makes Artefact a troll. I don't like trolls.

That fair?
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:Irony (which is what you're referring to, not sarcasm) is near-impossible to understand over the Internet, for obvious reasons.

In effect, this makes Artefact a troll. I don't like trolls.

That fair?
Despite being a mostly English speaker, I find there's still things to learn in this language. I never knew irony and sarcasm were slightly different. :lol:

Anyway, I beg to differ. It takes years of developing a thick-enough face to be able to see through sarcasm, even on the internet. And yes, I believe I meant "sarcasm" (the use of wit) and not "irony" (used in any circumstances).

http://www.sarcasmsociety.com/sarcasmandirony/

It all comes down to how you much know the guy, once you see through his modus operandi, you cease being offended and start to be amused.

To tell the truth, I was at first quite offended with some of the stuff he said about Chinese everywhere in general, but then I realized he actually meant the unruly behaviour of people in mainland China itself, which can be found in every race and nationality. He proved me right by posting about vulgar antics of people from Wales, Japan, Korea, America, Russia, etc, etc.

Compared to the 4chan and 2ch anon. trolls, Arte is rather tame. I've seen far more sinister trolls out there with genuinely malignant intent.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

problem is, most people who get annoyed with trolls usually stop at reading how trolls do their thing. sometimes, it REALLY helps if you go deeper than that, try and figure out what makes him/her say that (though i have yet to see any lady trolls on the Net, i'm trying to be politically correct 8) ) as for me, the key is to see everything you read as literature, no matter how mundane and mediocre, for there is always a reason behind it being written, no matter how lame..

admittedly, a lot of trolls out there get their kicks out of the mere act alone. but some people, as Kinny-senpai depicts Artefact to be, actually use their heads as they troll. sure, some might see it as a waste of neurons, but hey, its way better than doing anything mindlessly..

a little something i recall from Reader's Digest on raising children. avoid sarcasm during conversations wherein children can overhear you, and even more when you're speaking to them, for it is certain that they will misunderstand; children lack the faculty of wit. now, to those who have difficulty seeing through sarcasm, wouldn't you still be children mentally? :?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I get sarcasm fine in spoken conversations. It's quite a bit more difficult.

And I just don't like Artefact or Sankaku. Can we stop talking about this now? :D
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

fine by me.. actually, i'm only quoting Sankaku here if only for the sake of following this Haruhi fiasco. otherwise, whatever else i see there stays there, as it is NSFW incarnate. 8)

edit: UTC +8, July 25, 2009, 1430~
How can i be such a nice guy and dutifully follow forum rules by avoiding double-posting? :?

ep17/EE 6
Spoiler! :
yuki just couldn't help but send signals to kyon, which makes me think some.. i understand that kyon was always first to recognize yuki's ennui, but was that enough for yuki to somehow hope on kyon to be able to end EE? sure i get the part of kyon being the key for everything, but i keep messing my thoughts up since EE can be either haruhi- and yuki-centric..

anyway, UTC +9 (Jpn time) dictates that ep18/EE 7 falls on the 31st of July, sometime around midnight. EE also ends on a 31st as well (albeit on August), so i would think it could be feasible that this empathizing with yuki ends next week. however, the odds of a full 8-ep EE can't just be discounted so easily..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

http://bluemist.animeblogger.net/archiv ... st-sequel/

KyoAni might really be geniuses by trolling us...
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

problem is, genius isn't so easily evident as its plain relative. adding to that is the fact that most people resent the notion that there can be others who are smarter and wiser out there. somehow, i am reminded of the surge of hate for Hideaki Anno for pulling of the 1st NGE ending..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Ambi Valent
Astral Realm

Post by Ambi Valent »

I wonder... has anyone found any new insight into the characters (other than Yuki's change at glacial speed) that they wouldn't have if the whole thing ended with EE2?
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Ambi Valent wrote:I wonder... has anyone found any new insight into the characters (other than Yuki's change at glacial speed) that they wouldn't have if the whole thing ended with EE2?
Eh, not really.
shichinanatsu wrote:i am reminded of the surge of hate for Hideaki Anno for pulling of the 1st NGE ending..
Now let's not start that again :mrgreen:

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”