BAD NEWS!!!.....?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Re: BAD NEWS!!!

Post by typhonsentra »

I won't hold my breath, but I'm hoping they'll lay off enough to allow you guys to continue translating far off chapters. I mean, it'll be 3-4 years before these guys will get around to releasing where the current books are at. Especially if they don't even plan to start releasing until a year from now!
Serva
Astral Realm

Post by Serva »

XD This may sound cruel, but watch volume ten release, and just as it's about to be translated, some Itsuki comes down here and has all Suzumiya related material removed from baka-tsuki. We all than have to wait for the english version to come out.

Another couple of years until most of us finally get to read the conclusion to the series.

Lets hope that they're just setting up for april fools next year. No real lisence.

Edit: Whoa, nice censer on a simple "b" word.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Serva wrote:XD This may sound cruel, but watch volume ten release, and just as it's about to be translated, some Itsuki comes down here and has all Suzumiya related material removed from baka-tsuki. We all than have to wait for the english version to come out.

Another couple of years until most of us finally get to read the conclusion to the series.
VOL. 10 IS NOT THE CONCLUSION.

I've said that like 50 billion times now...
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

WE won't accept that until it punches us in the face when we read the cliffhanger!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Rectifier wrote:WE won't accept that until it punches us in the face when we read the cliffhanger!
It won't be a cliffhanger...

He'll probably just end the current story arc like he did with every previous longer story.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'm pretty sure the old .pdf files are probably down. So here is

*Removed links per cease and desist letter.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:VOL. 10 IS NOT THE CONCLUSION.
And this statement is based upon what evidence?

=Smidge=
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Well at least I have copies now, thanks.

Has anyone tried to contact this company yet to get an official statement? It's safe to say they're already aware of the site given how popular it is (An Alexa ranking as of right now of 32,704, most impressive!), I don't think they want to antagonize the very people they're trying to sell their product to, yanno?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Smidge204 wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:VOL. 10 IS NOT THE CONCLUSION.
And this statement is based upon what evidence?
What evidence is your statement based on, exactly?

No official confirmation of it being the last volume has been released. Remember how it was originally going to be released just two months after Vol. 9? Were it the last volume, that doesn't make sense.

Nor does it make sense from a storytelling standpoint. The story isn't ready to end yet; not many of the ongoing plot threads have been resolved at all, nor has the adequate setup for a KyonxHaruhi end been created yet.

I'd expect the plot to at least go as far as the end of Kyon's second year, given the fact that we've got setup for several stories in future.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

My "statement" is clearly an opinion. If you read any of the posts I've made about it, it's pretty clear that I feel Vol 10 would be a good place to close the story. At no point did I suggest it was anything else.

You, on the other hand, seem to be asserting as fact that the story will continue past Vol 10. That statement is based only on the lack of official announcements and, I suspect, largely on your own wishful thinking.

My opinion does not need to carry a burden of proof. Your assertion does.
No official confirmation of it being the last volume has been released. Remember how it was originally going to be released just two months after Vol. 9? Were it the last volume, that doesn't make sense.
So you're saying Vol 10 can't possibly be the last of the story because it would have been released too soon after the previous volume? And that makes sense to you? Doesn't the fact that it's been delayed for so long completely turn that argument against you?
Nor does it make sense from a storytelling standpoint. The story isn't ready to end yet; not many of the ongoing plot threads have been resolved at all, nor has the adequate setup for a KyonxHaruhi end been created yet.
Because every story ever told has all their loose ends tied by the end. Right. Also an assumption on your part that a Kyon x Haruhi pairing is going to be a part of the story at all - more wishful thinking on your part.

What ongoing plot points remain to be solved what can't be solved given the current cast of characters?
I'd expect the plot to at least go as far as the end of Kyon's second year, given the fact that we've got setup for several stories in future.

=Smidge=
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Smidge204 wrote:*snip*
I'm not gonna argue with you. I've argued it all before. There's no point.

I just think that the story, as a story, isn't ready to end yet.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

Well, if somebody asked me how to host a wiki/text site/forum without getting traced and shut down, I'd recommend establishing hidden service within Tor network. The main thing about security would be NOT hosting "problematic" files on the same server with another project that can be linked to (origin of) these files, as somebody could attack "suspectible" public project with, say DDoS, and observe responsiveness of "hidden" service to find out whether they're hosted on the same server...
And this is just an assumption, so if you find something like this happening on Tor network, that would be pure coincidence.
I have nothing to do with it.
Really.
"To Edit & Punish. Securing the Stability of the Wikicommunist State."
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

An expert's advice on hosting illegal contents comes from Russia... Why am I not surprised. :roll:
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

think any sane publishers should hire you guys and get paid, making this site more awesome and yourselves images

baka baka baka
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Rectifier wrote:WE won't accept that until it punches us in the face when we read the cliffhanger!
It won't be a cliffhanger...

He'll probably just end the current story arc like he did with every previous longer story.
Sorry for the late reply,but this clearly is not just another story-arc,this is THE and most likely final arc.
Not arguing with you about vol 10 being the last(though I think it will),it's just that it will end with the story unfinished,or another cliffhanger,if it's not the last volume.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”