Suzumiya Haruhi Pictures!

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

xxsaznpride wrote:As a newb to BT, I have a few questions...

1) Is it okay for anyone to just take the pictures for their own use??

2) Where do you guys get the stocks for those sigs and backgrounds and stuff? They're awesome.

I can give up some of the stocks I have, though they're probably in use by someone else on some other forum... I'll post them later (or just put them in my photobucket).
1. If it looks like original art I would ask the poster for permission first.

2. Photoshop + Google is your best bet.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Here's my latest and best signature EVER.

Caution this file is 10.5mb and going to lag slower computer. I had a 170mb pdf too :p

Edit file removed due to people not liking gigantic things... xD

If you still want to see it
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/ ... SigFey.gif
Last edited by Guest lol on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

No offense man, but imbedding a few hundred frames of animation behind an inopaque static background is going to piss ALOT of people off if you use that as a signature.

Especially people from Malaysia. As that one .gif alone would stall the loading of a page for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

It's well over a 2k layers, but I'm getting smidge to assist me in shrinking it.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Yeah I can see that sig becoming a problem :?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Reduced 3mb version courtesy of Smidge for reducing the size!
nghtmre15
Astral Realm

Post by nghtmre15 »

You people wouldn't believe how bored I was today. If any of you have played Hearts of Iron II, you'll know exactly what this is. If not, well, it's a World War II strategy game covering the entire world from 1936-1953. You have an authentic ruling cabinet from the timeframe along with equally authentic commanders. At least, they used to be authentic.
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
I was really, really bored. They are all army commanders, navy commanders, and air force commanders along with appropriate skill levels and traits. The cabinet also has appropriate personalities and abilities.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Wow. Thats pretty nifty actually. :D
nghtmre15
Astral Realm

Post by nghtmre15 »

Thanks.

I'm touching it up a bit with some extra code, and I might add in a few more characters (Tsuruya, Taniguchi, Kunikida, and maybe Kyon's sister :lol: ) and research teams (The Computer Research Society). Depends on how much spare time I have coming up, but it's quite entertaining to see Grand Admiral Yuki (with a bonus to experience gain and every possible trait that improves her combat ability) go up against Chester Nimitz in the Pacific.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Nice, nghtmre15.

Why is the game's time frame so long? Shouldn't it be 1939-1945?
nghtmre15
Astral Realm

Post by nghtmre15 »

The game starts in 1936, because that's when a long series of events leading up to WW2 began (Japanese war in China, Germany breaking the Treaty of Versailles/annexing Austria/breaking up Czechoslovakia, etc...) This also allows for a degree of customization and individuality in your military. Do you want to have the USA utilize Soviet-style mass infantry formations? What about having the British use unrestricted submarine warfare? They'd be tough, but you can recreate your military and your doctrines in your own image.

The version I used for the above pictures is actually the expansion pack for HoI2, called Doomsday. It adds a lot of new technology to the end of the game allowing for skilled players to attempt to subjugate the entire world. To further facilitate this, the time limit was moved to 1953. In the original game, the time limit was the end of 1948, allowing for some events to occur ahistorically (Germany successfully defeating the USSR, invading Britain over the British Channel, having the Soviets take over all of continental Europe and spark an East/West war, etc...)

For all of its flaws, the game is actually the best at modeling that timeframe that I've seen. It's not overly complicated, but you need to understand what rules/effects/etc are in place in order to succeed.

But that's enough about that. If I make any significant progress, I'll relay it here. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic. :D
XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

Post by XkaOnslaught »

i was doing a little poster for my schoolwork, and Guest lol's old pic gave me a great idea to start off with, of course modified for my club's name :)

original size is A3 so it rather blurish when i rescaled it for web :)
Spoiler! :
[/spoiler]
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Yowch, 2 month necro bump! :? Pretty cool poster though. Whats the club do exactly? :shock:
nghtmre15
Astral Realm

Post by nghtmre15 »

I'm going to jump in here and post this, a recent creation of mine:
Spoiler! :
Designed after the North High school uniforms and emblazoned with the SOS Brigade logo. Only instead of cleansing the universe of Xeno Scum, the SOS Marines work to make the universe safe for them. :D
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

:P Thats pretty good. Now all you need to do is give some of them skirts.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”