Harunako reporting for duty

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

harunako
Astral Realm

Harunako reporting for duty

Post by harunako »

Hi all,

Sorry for the wait. (I just realized that everyone has been wondering of my whereabouts on the forum... My apologies)

After the vacation I have been adjusting to work schedule (I'm not a student, so that partly explains my sluggishness in translations), and my own translation project Otyaku.com explodes in front of my face with problems, so it takes some time to settle everything.

Anyway, translations for Haruhi would be up and running everyone Wednesday and Saturday, tentatively.

I promise I will leave an out-of-office note on the forum the next time I expect myself to disappear for some time.

P.S. I'm working in Tokyo, so if you guys need any good stuff from Japan, feel free to drop me a note.

--Harunako
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

no problems Harunako, I would just like to thank you for sparing your free time to help us over here.

Even more so since you are working in that heaven & hell famous city we all like to see Godzilla/Alien/Mecha stamp all over. <(^o^)/

I will be looking forward to your contribution.

Sincerely,

Onizuka-GTO
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

Harunako is translating from Japanese or Chinese? I forgot. ^^;
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well, since Harunako is working in Tokyo, Japan. I hazard a guess, that it is most like, maybe possibile, even a little that it might.....be Japanese, that she is working from, hey she might even be...gasp....fluent in it....I know, working in Tokyo, Japan and can do the lingo fluently?! CRAZY!!

I mean I'am no expert but my gut feeling says that, sure make fun of me, but mark my words! :roll: \(^-^)/
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Yes, I translate from original Japanese text. In fact, I once held big personal biases on "translating on translated text"... Well, on practicality terms it is inevitable though.
And yes, I need to speak in Japanese in my work. Not in any way fluent in the standards of Japanese people, but well, at least I can make a living on it... :oops:
Thanks for your patience, and yoroshiku!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

yoroshiku to you...er...too....

:roll:

mind my curiosity, but do you work as a Translator or a Teacher over there?

I know, it's stereotypical to assume those professions, but it seems to be the majority of Gaijins do over there.

I'm sure alot of people want to go over there, but just don't find the J.E.T program all that appealling, (like me) being stuck in a two tatami mat apartment with extortionary rent, unpaided overtime and butt-raping fingering primary (elementary) students. oh how I envy...not

@Onizukademongto
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

よろしくお願いします!w

However isn't this going to cause confusion, as we do have a giant disclaimer saying some of the translation is coming from the Chinese edition? Shouldn't we mark what's actually a J>E translation?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, if the editors do their jobs properly, there won't be a problem.

After all, the debate of the Japanese - English translation script is not the dispute, the conflict is replacing existing translated text that use the Chinese version, just because it is precieved to be "correct" simply because it is from the original Japanese version.

It does not matter if the script is from the Japanese or chinese version,like all previous chapters it will be edited mercilessly to comform with the others. There will be no exception, by the time we finish with it, you won't be able to tell the difference which source it came from.

(^^)

@Onizukademongto
SnakeLegend
Astral Realm

Post by SnakeLegend »

Hey guys when is Vol. 4's overall done? :p
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Good that you ask.

As I'm focusing currently on the teaser initiative, the translation of Vol 4 will be halted till the teasers are relatively on track.
keito
Astral Realm

Post by keito »

You've got Marimite translations on your website! Awesome!

As for good stuff from Japan, I'm looking into buying an NTT DoCoMo SIMPURE N and-
Just kidding! (Not really. :( But there has to be somewhere on the net that sells them!!)
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

harunako wrote:Good that you ask.

As I'm focusing currently on the teaser initiative, the translation of Vol 4 will be halted till the teasers are relatively on track.

Need.... Haruhi.... continuation.....

Nah, keep on doing when you can, I aprecciate what all you translators are doing in you spare time. :wink:
Arizth
Astral Realm

Post by Arizth »

(b'-')b Yay Translators! d('-'d)

:Sits down to wait:
Gollgagh
Astral Realm

Post by Gollgagh »

Regarding that mistake of mine,

"meaninglessly drunk" does make far more sense.

Sorry about that.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”