So IS volume 10 out yet?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

none of you guys have ever seen the Evil Dead?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I have seen all three of those movies, Evil Dead I, Evil Dead II, and The Army of Darkness, if that is what you are referring to. The first two are good, but the second one is better and makes more sense. Back on topic, I would love to see the release of vol. 10, but it would probably anger me more than anything because I have not finished vol. 9. Shoganai na.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

ainsoph9 wrote:I have seen all three of those movies, Evil Dead I, Evil Dead II, and The Army of Darkness, if that is what you are referring to. The first two are good, but the second one is better and makes more sense. Back on topic, I would love to see the release of vol. 10, but it would probably anger me more than anything because I have not finished vol. 9. Shoganai na.
On topic:
You'd like to see book 10 released. That's great. Hooray for you.

Now, back off topic again:
"The first two are good"?

The FIRST TWO are good?!? And by implication, better than Evil Dead 3?!?

Hell, I love the first two Evil Dead films, but to suggest, even in jest, that these films, or indeed ANY FILMS could possibly be better than the BEST FRICKIN' FILM EVER MADE, namely Army of Darkness, well...

Ainsoph9, you've got some 'splaining to do.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Dan wrote:Woah, I didn't realize it, but when did you come back to life, cotton? :lol:
Oh, I pop in from time to time.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Cotton, I was by no way, shape, or form trying to say that Evil Dead I and/or Evil Dead II are better than Army of Darkness. Quite to the contrary, I think that Army of Darkness is better than both of them. However, I do believe that they should have made a sequel to Army of Darkness, which could have explained a few more things, but I am crazy like that. I know that they made PC game based on the movies, which I never played. Outside of that, I have no other knowledge of any other movies being made.

On topic, concerning the released of volume 10, is that sarcasm? The forum blocks my sarcasm sensors.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I believe it was sarcasm, but I must say, "Hail to the king!"
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

ainsoph9 wrote:Cotton, I was by no way, shape, or form trying to say that Evil Dead I and/or Evil Dead II are better than Army of Darkness. Quite to the contrary, I think that Army of Darkness is better than both of them. However, I do believe that they should have made a sequel to Army of Darkness, which could have explained a few more things, but I am crazy like that. I know that they made PC game based on the movies, which I never played. Outside of that, I have no other knowledge of any other movies being made.
I stand corrected.
ainsoph9 wrote: On topic, concerning the released of volume 10, is that sarcasm? The forum blocks my sarcasm sensors.
Less sarcastic, more snippy. Sorry.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It is okay. I know I can come off as a jerk sometimes.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

less jerk, more sarcasm.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I pay 5 bucks a book, and I got a whole stack of books. My wallet is considerably lighter, but my feelings are considerably higher. Since I'm a bookworm. That reminds me, I need to read Artemis Fowl the fifth. :P

Zalthers -Too friggin lazy to login-

PS: I bomb a good 100USD per year in book festival at HK, and extra money inbetween the years. KADOKAWWAAAAAAAAA~~~
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

Jumpyshoes wrote:Some people do . . . .
Hey, some of us would be happy to pay for the Haruhi books. It's just no one has bought the english language rights yet.

And they better not until #10 has been translated for a while...
BCS
Astral Realm

Post by BCS »

Excuse me, but when is Volume 10 expected out? I have seen no notification of publication date ...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

There is no publication date. We have no idea when it will come out.
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

Delays like this are absurdly common with American comic books, but my knowledge of manga and Japanese light novels is very thin; are reschedulings fairly unheard-of?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Quoting a rather ominous passage from the Volume 1 Prologue:
Sometimes, I wonder if the total amount of words one can write has been decided since birth. If everyone has a set amount of words to write in their lifetime, then their writing volume will decrease as they grow older.
(Official Baka-Tsuki translation...)

After reading Vol. 9, and thinking about how it was put together, and how well Vol 7 went, I'm almost afraid to say it... I would not be surprised if Vol. 10 was the last of the series.

No... In a way, I want it to be the end of the series. It needs to stop now, l while there is still great potential for a big finish. I can see the seeds of a big finale being planted in Vol. 9 and I think it would be a suitable end to the series if they pan out.
Spoiler! :
It would be a great opportunity for Kyon to use his trump card. Once Haruhi gets the whole picture there would be an appropriate crescendo and a suitable conclusion to the story. That's the best ending I can see so far, if Vol 10 will indeed be the end of the series.
=Smidge=

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”