So IS volume 10 out yet?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Eh, I agree it should end sooner than later, but I think you're jumping the gun a bit calling for vol. 10 to be the end. There's still so much left unexplained/unexplored in their world it'd be a shame to rush it all into one volume.

Besides that though, this wait is driving me nuts. Arghhh! At least give us a new estimate to work with.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

It won't end with book 10. That's not the way Japanese publishers work. Expect them to milk this cash cow until its rubbery teats come off in their hands.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

cotton wrote:It won't end with book 10. That's not the way Japanese publishers work. Expect them to milk this cash cow until its rubbery teats come off in their hands.
lol And the good thing about that is, we'll get sick of it first, so there's plenty more to come!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I do not so much about the milking of the cash cow. About the worst I generally see for the Japanese to milk something is through merchandise and maybe some other forms of media. To me, the milking of the cash cow is more like Disney coming out with The Little Mermaid 2 or Cinderella 2 or something of the sort.
Shadowace
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowace »

maybe this has a date on it, seems to deal with book 10
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Shadowace wrote:maybe this has a date on it, seems to deal with book 10
no yuki is so vulnerable

baka baka baka
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

No release date on that pic.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Yeah, that's a little old unfortunately. This coupled with the rumor of season 2 being pushed back to 2008 is a pretty big 1-2 punch to the fanbase. :(
Shadowace
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowace »

magus wrote:No release date on that pic.
just wondering then if you know what any of that says? or is it just something stupid like "ZOMG YUKI IS SICK WHAT WILL THEY DO!!!!11"
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Shadowace wrote:just wondering then if you know what any of that says? or is it just something stupid like "ZOMG YUKI IS SICK WHAT WILL THEY DO!!!!11"
Most of it is a recap and the rest is pretty much what you said.
Raykun
Astral Realm

Post by Raykun »

season 2 wunt be released till 2008 ?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Smidge204 wrote:Quoting a rather ominous passage from the Volume 1 Prologue:
Sometimes, I wonder if the total amount of words one can write has been decided since birth. If everyone has a set amount of words to write in their lifetime, then their writing volume will decrease as they grow older.
(Official Baka-Tsuki translation...)

After reading Vol. 9, and thinking about how it was put together, and how well Vol 7 went, I'm almost afraid to say it... I would not be surprised if Vol. 10 was the last of the series.

No... In a way, I want it to be the end of the series. It needs to stop now, l while there is still great potential for a big finish. I can see the seeds of a big finale being planted in Vol. 9 and I think it would be a suitable end to the series if they pan out.
Kinda reminds you of Dragonball dunnit?

Well... perhaps not you. But I'm betting the author wants the story to end, but the publishers want their moniez. And the fans, being typical fans, never want what they love to end. So...

Suzsumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: GT?
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Dark Jon
Astral Realm

Post by Dark Jon »

Ending the series at the beginning of the 2nd year of High School seems too early for my tastes. I would like to see it end around the end of High School where we can learn what everyone plans to do with their lives. I know Kyon hates school so It will be interesting to see what he decides to do.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

I don't think vol 10 will be the end. I think somewhere in volume 10 or so rumors say, will be about why Haruhi created the SOS dan, what her true inner thoughts are and that possible it may be about escaping family problems. I'm not sure. Maybe this is in volume 11. Or it could just be a big rumor.
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Haiyami wrote:I don't think vol 10 will be the end. I think somewhere in volume 10 or so rumors say, will be about why Haruhi created the SOS dan, what her true inner thoughts are and that possible it may be about escaping family problems. I'm not sure. Maybe this is in volume 11. Or it could just be a big rumor.
I highly doubt that......... it's just not his style....

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”