So IS volume 10 out yet?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Random Passerbyer
Astral Realm

Post by Random Passerbyer »

I visit this forum often because I love the Suzumiya series, and this place just so happened to provide it in english.

I don't exactly remember where it was that I read it, mostly because it was a bunch of japanese text that I was dragging through a translator, but I read something about the book not being included in any orders to any book stores untill the end of the year. Meaning that the book is most likely not going to be released untill next year.

Dunno if its true or not, can't even provide a source... I think it was two weeks ago when I read it. I felt I should post it because people shouldn't get their hopes up for something that may very well not be soon.

Sorry to bear bad news. Hopefully what I read at the beginning of October was an April Fools joke.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

The worst part is that with all the build-up for the end of the story, there's no way it'll be satisfying.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I'm going to break the ice and be perfectly honest here;

If novel 10 is the last one, I am of the opinion that it will be very anti-climactic, Maybe even boring... :?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I highly doubt Volume 10 will be the end of the story.
Spoiler! :
For starters, we just were introduced to a WHOLE bunch of new characters, including Slider Girl, who we know nothing about.

Several plot threads have not yet been resolved, many of which do not have any (apparent) relevance to Volume 10, such as the mysterious object currently in the care of Tsuruya.

In addition, none of the main characters appear to be approaching the end of their development, least of all Kyon, who STILL hasn't accepted Haruhi enough to consider dating her.

What's more, they have plans for the second year, such as the next summer trip, the movie sequel and band for the school festival, and I'm betting Haruhi will do something for Tanabata again too.
Also, if Volume 10 IS the last volume, I will personally go to Japan and shoot Tanigawa myself.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

First of all, a small part of me just died. Volume 10 coming at the end of the year...and that it might end the series... it is disappointing and ironic, just like the end of Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Still, I have my doubts that it will end (and hope that it WILL NOT). There's just too much to do. (Though, something just keeps telling me that Kyon, no matter how much Haruhi might want him to, will not ask Haruhi out.)
mingz
Astral Realm

Post by mingz »

end of the year is coming soon..
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

mingz wrote:end of the year is coming soon..
Yeah, and seeing as how it's mid-October and we still haven't heard anything substantial about the novels since that one magazine page showing
Spoiler! :
Yuki sick in bed.
I doubt we'll see it this year. :(

Has he given any new interviews lately? Is he just getting bored of working on Haruhi after so long?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Anonymous wrote:First of all, a small part of me just died. Volume 10 coming at the end of the year...and that it might end the series... it is disappointing and ironic, just like the end of Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Still, I have my doubts that it will end (and hope that it WILL NOT). There's just too much to do. (Though, something just keeps telling me that Kyon, no matter how much Haruhi might want him to, will not ask Haruhi out.)
Well, he HAS become at lot warmer towards her since the first novel...

Not that it's that much of a difference, but...
Anonymousnub
Astral Realm

Post by Anonymousnub »

This might sound a bit uncouth, but if I was Kyon and knew that a hot chick named Haruhi liked me...

I'd do unspeakable to that girl, just simply unspeakable.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Yeah, then we'd go, "Nice going, bub. Now something even weirder is gonna happen to the reality that is the story."

Or perhaps... it may lead to some undiscovered, unique, and positive response by Haruhi. But if you believe in Kyon Theory and that Kyon has the powers to control all, then we would have a different story.

Either way, I, as well as several others, would prefer Haruhi unharmed.
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

Anonymousnub wrote:This might sound a bit uncouth, but if I was Kyon and knew that a hot chick named Haruhi liked me...

I'd do unspeakable to that girl, just simply unspeakable.
you know, seriously fear of the world imploding is probably stopping him. besides I'd take Yuki instead
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

I'd consult one of the Organization/Agency's doctors before even making goo-goo eyes at any of these girls.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”