Haruhi tissues!

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

so...it'll be like the USA?

except with J-pop background music, instead of hip-hop/rap/r&b?
You lose for vaguely implying a similarity between Haruhi and petty criminals.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

AuraTwilight wrote:
so...it'll be like the USA?

except with J-pop background music, instead of hip-hop/rap/r&b?
You lose for vaguely implying a similarity between Haruhi and petty criminals.
I was trying to imply it will result in an attitude in the USA where people consider it is the national attitude that they have the freedom to achieve anything they want to do, using whatever method you can get or afford.

But trust you to take a more pessimistic view, and think i was implying the worst of national stereotyping.

I guess it's because im British i suppose,

we always seem to portrayed as the "villains",

I blame Hollywood....Or the King of England.

Dammn you King of England!

*shake angry fist*

:roll: :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

onizuka-gto wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: You lose for vaguely implying a similarity between Haruhi and petty criminals.
I was trying to imply it will result in an attitude in the USA where people consider it is the national attitude that they have the freedom to achieve anything they want to do, using whatever method you can get or afford.

But trust you to take a more pessimistic view, and think i was implying the worst of national stereotyping.

I guess it's because im British i suppose,

we always seem to portrayed as the "villains",

I blame Hollywood....Or the King of England.

Dammn you King of England!

*shake angry fist*

:roll: :roll:
Hey, think how I feel.

Canadians in American media are always portrayed as lazy, beer-drinking and hockey-obsessed.

Oh, wait.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

onizuka-gto wrote:I was trying to imply it will result in an attitude in the USA where people consider it is the national attitude that they have the freedom to achieve anything they want to do, using whatever method you can get or afford.

I understand what you were getting at, but as anyone who's ever seen a white guy try to relate humorous bits from a black or latin comedian's set will attest to, there's a fine-to-nonexistent line between stereotyping and the intentional appearance of stereotyping for humor's sake. When I first read the first comment, I have to say I was offended. And I'm a white male moderate conservative. I didn't think there was anything I could get offended about...

There certainly are people here in the States (as in most other places) that think "they have the freedom to achieve anything they want to do, using whatever method you can get or afford", and I can safely say that there are very few things that disgust the rest of us more. Luckily those guys are a vast minority, but they're a very vocal minority here, and (or maybe because) they count a bunch of politicians and media personalities among their number, so it's not surprising that the whole of the country might seem that way from the outside (sometimes seems that way from the inside, actually). I guess we're kind of like the internet, in that respect.
Serva
Astral Realm

Post by Serva »

Geez... The folks of this forum are very much obsessed with debates.

Why does there have to be a debate?

Why not make the thread about the tissue?

They're quite awsome tissues. I wouldn't obsess over them. I'd probably waste them through a winter.

<--------Canadian.

Winters are cold.

However, when I'm finished using up the tissue, I would keep the box on my night stand, beside my alarm clock.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Serva wrote:Geez... The folks of this forum are very much obsessed with debates.

Why does there have to be a debate?

Why not make the thread about the tissue?

They're quite awsome tissues. I wouldn't obsess over them. I'd probably waste them through a winter.

<--------Canadian.

Winters are cold.

However, when I'm finished using up the tissue, I would keep the box on my night stand, beside my alarm clock.
everyone knows tissues are always serious debate.

Tissues have to be soft and silky, rough flimsy tissues are no good! I suspect Haruhi tissues must be strong so as to not to dribble and rip apart after vigorous use.

:roll:

Seriously. if you don't think tissues are not worth a debate, go back to your kitchen roll, i hope the friction buuuuuuuurns!

:evil:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

onizuka-gto wrote:Seriously. if you don't think tissues are not worth a debate, go back to your kitchen roll, i hope the friction buuuuuuuurns!

:evil:
Blowing your nose on paper towels. Ouch. I've had to do that from time to time. Not fun...

As for the tissues, I've never been a big fan of would-be useable items rendered useless by collector status. Figures, models, dolls, and animation cells and drawings, I can understand. Comics, DVDs, and other media items bought for collector status only and never to be unsealed? Not so much. And food items, tissues, and other "consumables"? Really just does not make sense to me. Maybe I'm getting old...
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

As for the tissues, I've never been a big fan of would-be useable items rendered useless by collector status. Figures, models, dolls, and animation cells and drawings, I can understand. Comics, DVDs, and other media items bought for collector status only and never to be unsealed? Not so much. And food items, tissues, and other "consumables"? Really just does not make sense to me. Maybe I'm getting old...
Say what you want, but we all know you want them.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

AuraTwilight wrote:Say what you want, but we all know you want them.
Hate to disappoint you, but I got a lot of better things I could be spending $94 + God only knows how much shipping on than 20 boxes of tissues I'll be afraid to ever open. I love Haruhi as much as the next guy, but come on...
SomethingDifferent
Astral Realm

Post by SomethingDifferent »

This is so stupefying, so embarrassing, and so shamelessly bizarre that it goes all the way around and actually becomes kind of awesome. (Read: the comic “Godzilla vs. Charles Barkley" , or the “The Dinosaurs are dead. Tezuka has killed them.” sequence.)
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hate to disappoint you, but I got a lot of better things I could be spending $94 + God only knows how much shipping on than 20 boxes of tissues I'll be afraid to ever open. I love Haruhi as much as the next guy, but come on...
Those are the words of a man in DENIAL!
“Godzilla vs. Charles Barkley"
....That has to be the coolest thing ever.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

AuraTwilight wrote:
“Godzilla vs. Charles Barkley"
....That has to be the coolest thing ever.
Especially if there'some post-show basketball commentary in there.

Barkley: Well, I think the problem with Seattle tonight is the same problem they had all season. They ain't got any good players.
Johnson: Well, what do you have to say to that, Godzilla?
Godzilla: RRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! *points off-screen and a monitor shows a humorous picture of Barkley*
**all laugh**
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

speaking of haruhi cola..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMS2V0lgVYM

Besides we all know godzilla will always shoot from behind half court, cause he's awesome like that
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Setherzam wrote:speaking of haruhi cola..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMS2V0lgVYM

Besides we all know godzilla will always shoot from behind half court, cause he's awesome like that
That was a little strange.Though i'd love to know what program he used to do that .:P
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Re: Haruhi tissues!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Although this is not exactly a box of tissues...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... tylenol-ad

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”