Volume 10?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 10?

Post by Darklor »

Is it really Vol. 10? Or more like divided 9 or something? Or another short story collection? Or the Haruhi theatre?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:Errr...I noticed that the Korean version of SZ Volume 10 is already done. Does that mean that Volume 10 is already out?
That was a fake. It's a photoshop someone made in a massive prank.
Darklor wrote:Is it really Vol. 10? Or more like divided 9 or something? Or another short story collection? Or the Haruhi theatre?
Ten. It's been called such and it already has a title.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

At this point it's safe to say one of four things.

1. The writer is having major personal issues.

2. The writer dislikes all of this publicity

3. The writer found a different job due to extreme writer's block.

or

4. The writer is waiting to release it for the upcoming second anime season.
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Matt122004 »

Hmm.....I thought you guys would have heard this already.

Vol. 10 is on the way. The February issue of NewType has an add in the back for a new Haruhi Novel. But it appears from the color inserts they showed that its another short story compilation. They didn't show the cover of it though.

-Matt
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Pics or it didn't happen.
Matt122004

Post by Matt122004 »

I didnt want to take the time to scan it, so I did a google search and found some other stuff actually too.

Here is a link to a book of haruhi that appears to be the 10th book: http://ja.uncyclopedia.info/wiki/谷川流

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/tantanbo91/folder/687121.html <another book appearing to be #10

Maybe their hoaxes, probably are.

Ok, let me go scan it. Probably post it up tommorow or something. The add appears to have something of an order form for the new book and has a release date set for February 28, 2009. But this confuses me, because next to it it has in a circle saying something about "APRIL 2009!"

Also, the price confuses me. It's set at 2,940 yen, which is way over the norm. lol XD

-Matt

PS. Never mind, I scanned it now, here ya go: http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 001oj1.jpg :D

So, what do you think? :?
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

What did it really say, is it already translated?

Darklor

XquZ
Astral Realm

Post by XquZ »

is that really volume 10?

what does the date on the cover mean????
joay_b
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

Uncyclopedia. Waste of time.
That one came from The Sneaker 6/2007 edition. Suspected to be a special preview chapter for volume 10. Mikuru cover plausible if we follow the cycle of Haruhi->Mikuru->Yuki poses.
It's titled "Itou Noizi art works: Haruhi-ism". All for a low price of JPY2940. Waste of bookshelf space for me.
まず隗より始めよ。
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, that's just an art book, dude. It doesn't have the same cover style as the other volumes. The Yahoo thing MIGHT be legit, but I'm still not trustful. For one, the H isn't enlarged and behind the character and whatnot.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, if we believe the rumors that the novel and anime series will premiere at approximately the same time (and that is a big "if"), then we can expect that the anime and novel will come out about April. Interestingly enough, this is about the same time that SHnY will be published here in the United States as well. Here is to hoping!
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

almost time then, when i get to hit the bookstores for something GREATER than that Stephenie Meyer series..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

Well, my gut reaction is to start looking for the signs of it being yet another KyoAni batch of smoke and mirrors, but apparently (some other parts of site NSFW) the next issue of Newtype (unless it's a shop, and Aya Hirano herself is in on it, as there's a CM, as well) states that the new anime series will be airing in April. Logically you'd think that once the official announcement hits, or the anime itself, there would be some announcement regarding the sequel to Volume 9.

But I'm not holding my breath.
shichinanatsu wrote:almost time then, when i get to hit the bookstores for something GREATER than that Stephenie Meyer series..
Anything...ANYTHING...by Jim Butcher. Both of his series—Dresden Files and Codex Alera—are the toppest of the notch. Codex Alera is high fantasy with a Roman Empire vibe, and a world builder of near-Tolkeinesque stature, but considering your comment, I think you'd like the modern day wizardly detective Dresden bettter.

And speaking of Stephanie Meyer, I can only hope that the Twilight books are way...WAY...better than the movie was. It may have unseated one of Mortal Kombat Annihilation, Highlander 2, or Crow: City of Angels from my Unholy Triumvirate of the worst movies of all time. Of course, I'm not an angsty teenage girl wetting my britches over the sickly-looking lead vamp, so I am a fair bit outside of the target audience...
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Are you people insinuating that anything about Stephanie Meyer's book series is GREAT?

gtfo out of my Haruhi fandom.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. How was / is the new Artbook?

Darklor

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”