new season of SHNY

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: new season of SHNY

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Kinny Riddle wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: I feel the same way. It's starting to lose my interest too...
If you had lost your interest because there's nothing new being announced for over a year to two years, fair enough.

But losing your interest already just because of no announcement for a few months after the last? Don't be ridiculous. You've already waited this long for a new announcement by Kyo-Ani, and then you're bailing out after a few weeks? Do you seriously want Oni to drive a nail into your head in the name of our Goddess? xD

You know how Kyo-Ani works, they like to tease the fans. They do not do these publicity stunts for nothing. Last July (July 7th to be precise) they had released a viral video, on December they temporarily altered the website and then this ultra-moe Yuki poster.

As for the novel, it would certainly be an ultra publicity stunt by Kadokawa and Kyo-Ani to announce the release the much awaited volume 10 together with season 2.

Not trying to defend Tanigawa for dragging out so long, maybe he has got writer's block, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Have faith, Haruhiist.
It's just that I'm losing faith in the possibility that we're ever going to see it. Clannad AS is scheduled for fall/winter this year, and if Haruhi 2 isn't out this summer it just means another year (or more) of waiting.

I can only await for the supposed announcement in the next Newtype, but all I can see in that is another teaser like the last one and no concrete information...

I'd just like KyoAni to prove me wrong, that's all.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I want CONCRETE information.

No matter how appealing a picture of Yuki reaching into the sky for no reason is, it isn't enough. It was an announcement for something we already knew was coming.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
It's just that I'm losing faith in the possibility that we're ever going to see it. Clannad AS is scheduled for fall/winter this year, and if Haruhi 2 isn't out this summer it just means another year (or more) of waiting.
So? "Hardcore" fans don't care how long it would take, besides, there are other things for you to do while you wait "forever", no one is asking you to do nothing and wait and then moan about it. Even if it is 10 years or longer, if you're still interested, then you'll naturally want to come back and watch it.

Clannad AS was only announced at the end of the last episode of Clannad, before that it was just speculation, though most have accurately predicted that AS is most likely to be made, despite some people in ASuki arrogantly refusing to believe so based on so-called DVD sales of Clannad being "unsuccessful". In the end, that guy made himself look like an idiot. Surprised he's still active.
I want CONCRETE information.

No matter how appealing a picture of Yuki reaching into the sky for no reason is, it isn't enough. It was an announcement for something we already knew was coming.
If that new official art of blushing Yuki (based on Kyo-Ani character designer Ikeda Kazumi's art work) is not an indicator that Kyo-Ani are in progress with that series, no matter how slow you perceive it, I don't know what is.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

That's Volume 4 Yuki for sure...
And while waiting for Vol.10/Season two,there are lots of animes/manga/novels(B-T rules!)you can munch on...
My newest addiction is the 'Toradora!' novels(Thanks Kinny :lol: ),and the Mx0 manga which fell into a coma(>_<).
I love Haruhi,but I'm sure there are other things just as good,or even better(maybe..).
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Kinny Riddle wrote: So? "Hardcore" fans don't care how long it would take, besides, there are other things for you to do while you wait "forever", no one is asking you to do nothing and wait and then moan about it. Even if it is 10 years or longer, if you're still interested, then you'll naturally want to come back and watch it.
I am doing other stuff. I'm just concerned that they could feasibly NEVER release it, and continue to make money off of phone cards and DVD sales.
Kinny Riddle wrote: Clannad AS was only announced at the end of the last episode of Clannad, before that it was just speculation, though most have accurately predicted that AS is most likely to be made, despite some people in ASuki arrogantly refusing to believe so based on so-called DVD sales of Clannad being "unsuccessful". In the end, that guy made himself look like an idiot. Surprised he's still active.
Supposedly the first DVD release of After Story is scheduled for December, meaning that the show proper will start in fall...
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

It's not like I don't understand that the series is in progress. But that doesn't change anything.

I want to know something new. It feels like the novel has been dropped, and the anime will never come out. If it doesn't come out this summer, when will it? And when I say that, the probability of it being released this summer is slim to none.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Fushichou wrote:It's not like I don't understand that the series is in progress. But that doesn't change anything.

I want to know something new. It feels like the novel has been dropped, and the anime will never come out. If it doesn't come out this summer, when will it? And when I say that, the probability of it being released this summer is slim to none.
I feel the same way.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Fushichou wrote:It's not like I don't understand that the series is in progress. But that doesn't change anything.

Once they have announced that they will make a new series or new novel, then it will come out when they feel they are ready. It's a bit like fansubs, but in a more commercial scale, only unless they announce they are dropping it completely, then assume it is "in progress". They owe it to the fans and especially the shareholders (Kadokawa is publicly-listed in Tokyo) to announce that if they plan to drop a project that's been funded.
I am doing other stuff. I'm just concerned that they could feasibly NEVER release it, and continue to make money off of phone cards and DVD sales.
Then don't buy them if you're concerned about that. No one is forcing you to buy it, if other "suckers" buy it, that's their problem. I never bought any of those Evangelion figures unless they're absolutely hawt (so far I haven't), yet I still went and watch the new movie.

I still don't understand what all the fuzz is about. If you're still interested, then you will naturally want to return to watch it.

I waited 7 years for the new X-Files movie, even though it's been 7 years and I've moved on to other stuff, I'm still tempted to go and watch it. 20 years for the new Indiana Jones movie, and so forth.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/06/06/suz ... -animation

As expected, the announcement in Newtype was more empty promises, just like last time. No Haruhi this year. Or ever.

(Wouldn't I laugh if Jason Miao's prediction that Haruhi 2 would air in 2010 came true?)

What I don't get is why KyoAni seems to want to make up their own plot and diverge from the novels, as they seem to be trying to do. Of course, I can't read Japanese, so... (Help here?)

And WHY tease us with images like that? Oh, wait.

It's because KyoAni is smart. They know that they can keep doing this every year to keep the fans waiting and somewhat satisfied, and then go sell more phone cards to the mewling masses.

They never have to make Haruhi 2, and they never will. As long as they're making money off of the first, they never will.

Well, they've had enough of my fandom. It was fun while it lasted. Goodbye, Haruhi.

Now where the bloody hell is my Volume 10?!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

I guess I do not really care unless they pull a Minami-ke: Okawari or a Shuffle: Memories on it. :x
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Thanks for your effort in putting a negative spin on the release of the latest tidbits, Kaisos.

To quote V from "V for Vendetta": My turn.
As expected, the announcement in Newtype was more empty promises, just like last time. No Haruhi this year. Or ever.
They never said it was last year or this, they only said they were doing it. You're just feeding yourself on empty promises heard elsewhere that they never made.
What I don't get is why KyoAni seems to want to make up their own plot and diverge from the novels, as they seem to be trying to do. Of course, I can't read Japanese, so... (Help here?)
I'm going to go get Newtype this week and get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned.
And WHY tease us with images like that?
Because it generates interest? It's like the stock market, mate. They need to at least seem to be active for an industry like this.
Oh, wait.

It's because KyoAni is smart. They know that they can keep doing this every year to keep the fans waiting and somewhat satisfied, and then go sell more phone cards to the mewling masses.
And your point? Like I said, nobody is asking you to become a mewling mass and buy their product placement. The reason you're getting all stressed out because there's no release date.
They never have to make Haruhi 2, and they never will. As long as they're making money off of the first, they never will.
That has got to be the most baseless prediction I've ever seen. And how do you know that? You denounce their chances of ever making one just because on the single fact that there is no tentative release date.
Well, they've had enough of my fandom. It was fun while it lasted. Goodbye, Haruhi.
It was fun having you onboard for discussion while it lasted. Farewell. Haruhi couldn't care less if one person turns away as long as she has Kyon and her SOS Brigade anyway.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Kinny Riddle wrote: They never said it was last year or this, they only said they were doing it. You're just feeding yourself on empty promises heard elsewhere that they never made.
I think constant teasers equal empty promises, if you ask me, but...
Kinny Riddle wrote: I'm going to go get Newtype this week and get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned.
Please do. Remaking the series is simply a bad idea, if you ask me.
Kinny Riddle wrote: And your point? Like I said, nobody is asking you to become a mewling mass and buy their product placement. The reason you're getting all stressed out because there's no release date.

That has got to be the most baseless prediction I've ever seen. And how do you know that? You denounce their chances of ever making one just because on the single fact that there is no tentative release date.
I suppose the lesson here is to not spend an entire month working myself up for news of a released date and not get one... but I would like to point out that they did the exact same thing to us last year.
Kinny Riddle wrote: It was fun having you onboard for discussion while it lasted. Farewell. Whether the fandom miss you is another thing.
Right, done whining for today. Apologies for my anger.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

/rofl
Well if they said they'd do it,they will....that's enough CONCRETE evidence,so until they state that it won't come out,I'm going to wait for it peacefully.
Besides,it's Vol.10 that keeps me hyped!
Edit:Hey Kaisos!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Also, Kinny... what would you say if they pulled the same crap next summer?
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote: They never said it was last year or this, they only said they were doing it. You're just feeding yourself on empty promises heard elsewhere that they never made.
I think constant teasers equal empty promises, if you ask me, but...
Kinny Riddle wrote: I'm going to go get Newtype this week and get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned.
Please do. Remaking the series is simply a bad idea, if you ask me.
Kinny Riddle wrote: And your point? Like I said, nobody is asking you to become a mewling mass and buy their product placement. The reason you're getting all stressed out because there's no release date.

I suppose the lesson here is to not spend an entire month working myself up for news of a released date and not get one... but I would like to point out that they did the exact same thing to us last year.
Kinny Riddle wrote: It was fun having you onboard for discussion while it lasted. Farewell. Whether the fandom miss you is another thing.
Right, done whining for today. Apologies for my anger.

Let me give you a personal experience of mine concerning something else non-anime, though similar, a bit long, but bear with me while I get to the point, if you're interested, that is.
Spoiler! :
If you follow English soccer closely, you will know that there is this soccer club (of which I am a fan) is being co-owned by these two businessmen from America.

The original Brit owners sold to them in hope of raising funds to strengthen the squad. Instead, what these two goons did is pile their debt onto the club and allowed their boardroom infighting to go public, which really pisses the local fans off a lot as it contrasted a lot with their Brit style of settling things quietly. Them threatening to fire the popular team coach just alienated the fans even more. Fortunately, the coach is more politically savvy than it seems.

There is now a fervent campaign in the "internets" to get rid of them, so rumours are flying around that oil barons from the Arab state of Dubai will buy out these two goons, and even if one of them refuses, the Arabs can activate this clause that says they can ignore their refusal after 90 days and forcefully buy 50%.

There was this guy on the forum that I frequent that fervently believed that the 90 days is up and the club will be saved even though there's no official announcement by the Arabs about that. When the supposed deadline passed by and nothing happened, he basically pushed the panic button and ranting about all hell breaking lose and how the club will go for the epic fail etc etc. I tried to reason with him, but I got accused of "burying my head in the sand". I decided to ignore him afterwards.
My point is that, your unreasonable anger is now sounding like that guy because something that you hoped to happened, but was never actually promised to you in ink and handwriting to begin with, did not happen.
Also, Kinny... what would you say if they pulled the same crap next summer?
I'll be intrigued, as usual, and then get along with what I was doing. Indiana Jones 4 was in developmental hell for 19 years, but I still went to watch it and enjoyed myself.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”