The Count Down Begins?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Re: The Count Down Begins?

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Awww... I was hoping that new series would start with "Revenge of Nagato Yuki Ep 00" .... If that movie is released in volume 10 of the novel that is.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote: < :twisted: 's advocate>Problem is, Disappearance (Vanishment, Vol 4, whatever) is only preceded chronologically by Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight, Sighs, and the parts already adapted in S1. If we are going with a 24-26 ep season, or at least two separate ~13 ep seasons, either of which the "...2008, 2009" copyright certainly suggests, that means we'll be getting into V4 probably no more than 6-7 episodes in, with an expected 18-20 ahead of us. Any anxiety over Kyon's situation would be nullified by general knowledge of story dynamics, whereas splitting V4 up as they did with V1 in S1, while interspersing it with the parts before (save BLR, which should premier the season) and maybe even a few parts after, if those episodes' timeframes can be hidden, to pad it out to the announced end of at least the first new season, could reinject that suspense.</ :twisted: 's advocate> Of course, it would do so at the expense of a wealth of tone.
Nice tags. You've certainly put a lot of thought into this, though.

Also, on a slightly different topic, I've realized: Wandering Shadow, is, surprisingly, a good way to end the next season(s) in preparation for the Dissociation arc, given that it somewhat light, cute, and reiterates the brigade's changes over the past year, as well as providing setup and foreshadowing for Vol.9.
TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:Awww... I was hoping that new series would start with "Revenge of Nagato Yuki Ep 00" .... If that movie is released in volume 10 of the novel that is.
I'd personally expect that in one of the next short story books... which I am personally looking forward to more than Vol. 10.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:Awww... I was hoping that new series would start with "Revenge of Nagato Yuki Ep 00" .... If that movie is released in volume 10 of the novel that is.
I'd personally expect that in one of the next short story books... which I am personally looking forward to more than Vol. 10.
But isn't the series ending at volume 10? I heard a rumor on the internet, so it's got to be tru~e... ^_^

I disagree, though, considering I am very much looking forward to volume 10, and feel it's much too soon to be looking beyond it. We don't even know if we're going to have the same cast of characters after this novel, for instance, as Haruhi is recruiting a new yet oddly familiar character in one timeline, and one of the cast has been rushed to the hospital in the other...

Besides, 10 could be epic, if they use the alternate timelines reset button to its apocalyptic potential.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote: But isn't the series ending at volume 10? I heard a rumor on the internet, so it's got to be tru~e... ^_^
You do not know how many times I have tried to correct that rumor...
quigonkenny wrote: I disagree, though, considering I am very much looking forward to volume 10, and feel it's much too soon to be looking beyond it. We don't even know if we're going to have the same cast of characters after this novel, for instance, as Haruhi is recruiting a new yet oddly familiar character in one timeline, and one of the cast has been rushed to the hospital in the other...

Besides, 10 could be epic, if they use the alternate timelines reset button to its apocalyptic potential.
I am looking forward to Vol.10, it's just that, for whatever reason, I personally prefer the shorter stories better. I dunno, it just feels better getting small glimpses of this fictional universe at a time rather than all in one go.

That being said, I hope Vol.10 lives up to our anticipation...
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

We'll see...soon enough. :D meanwhile I can do with translating the Yakusoku. It's getting interesting...
Tomadoi: hope someone else takes up the job.

Wii: What would it be called...? let's see the patterens... Promise,Perplexity.... hmm, maybe it's something that will start with alphabet P also.

Passion of Haruhi suzumiya! in all it's glorious gorey action. lol (goes back 2008 years) ? *I know, Japanese don't really care about alphabets*

Anyways there is lot's of Haruhi franchise that we are eagarly waiting for, they better not dissapoint us, WE Belive you Kyoto ani!!
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Yes quite...nothing makes me calm like a good translation. :)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

New information has revealed that Clannad will only be 22 episodes, with the 23rd being a recap episode.

What this means for Haruhi, we don't know.

Again, most studios have released information on what series they'll be doing next season, and KyoAni has not.

Don't expect Haruhi 2 until fall, that's what I say.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Wait a second. Animenewsnetwork still says that Clannad is supposed to be 24 episodes, not 22. What gives?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:Wait a second. Animenewsnetwork still says that Clannad is supposed to be 24 episodes, not 22. What gives?
The news hasn't gotten to them yet.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=17

Screencap there.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

It makes me sad yet happy.

In one sense, I am happy because it means HARUHI!!!! will be sooner.

On the other hand, it means Clannad will be shorter.

SECOND SERIES OF CLANNAD, PLEASE COME!!!
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Beware the talking cat wrote:It makes me sad yet happy.

In one sense, I am happy because it means HARUHI!!!! will be sooner.
Again, sorry for being a pessimist, but I don't see Haruhi until the fall.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Heh, the description of your location kind of gives away that aspect of your personality :P .

Yes I just noticed that :oops: .

Is it normal for gif's to stop animating after your anti-virus asks to restart your computer?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

.. seriously though, does anyone else in here think SH-verse's subsequent seasons and ending might disappoint the fanbase? maybe it's just me, but i see so much speculation about how the novel and anime should go and end, that we might not be that satisfied if v10 & season2 (and others to be sure) came out..

it wasn't so long ago that some of us were disappointed over NGE's anime ending.. though in the end it did become a lasting phenomenon
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:.. seriously though, does anyone else in here think SH-verse's subsequent seasons and ending might disappoint the fanbase? maybe it's just me, but i see so much speculation about how the novel and anime should go and end, that we might not be that satisfied if v10 & season2 (and others to be sure) came out..

it wasn't so long ago that some of us were disappointed over NGE's anime ending.. though in the end it did become a lasting phenomenon
That's because people are still trying to understand the ending of NGE.

In regards to Haruhi, however, I'll take whatever canon feeds me. I'm relatively sure that the second season will not be as good as the first (it never is) but the novels have been excellent so far and are sure to remain excellent, given the author's general competence in writing. Also, I'm pretty sure he has the end already planned out, (unlike, say, the creators of Twin Peaks) so that shouldn't be too much of a problem either. I hope.

Also, I highly approve of your avatar.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Those avatars have been going around now... I don't know the source but they did really good job on it.

Anyways, Hope the Anime can match up to the novels.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”