The Count Down Begins?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Count Down Begins?

Post by shichinanatsu »

in SHnY's case - as well as many others - there were some parts that anime won out against novel (Live A Live, Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Ep 00 etc) but that's probably because they (animation studio) can do better than our heads at bringing life to a few pictures (manga) or a couple of words (light novel)

.. and this was what really made me love gender-bending trap kyon.. *points to avatar*
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

shichinanatsu wrote:in SHnY's case - as well as many others - there were some parts that anime won out against novel (Live A Live, Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Ep 00 etc) but that's probably because they (animation studio) can do better than our heads at bringing life to a few pictures (manga) or a couple of words (light novel)
Don't forget Day of Sagittarius. You can thank Shouji Gatou (FMP!) for that one, I believe.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Also in the anime you never see Haruhi's expression as they Kiss.. although it feels lot better animated
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:in SHnY's case - as well as many others - there were some parts that anime won out against novel (Live A Live, Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Ep 00 etc) but that's probably because they (animation studio) can do better than our heads at bringing life to a few pictures (manga) or a couple of words (light novel)
Don't forget Day of Sagittarius. You can thank Shouji Gatou (FMP!) for that one, I believe.
Of course, on the opposite end of the scale, there's the Remote Island episodes...
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Apparently in remote Island in anime, Kyon's sister is presnt. In light novel, she's not. Although her being there doesn't reall affect the outcome much. Just slight change in story..
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:Apparently in remote Island in anime, Kyon's sister is presnt. In light novel, she's not. Although her being there doesn't reall affect the outcome much. Just slight change in story..
Did you actually read the novel version?

It's completely different. Mostly due to the censorship and the episode-worth of added content.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:Apparently in remote Island in anime, Kyon's sister is presnt. In light novel, she's not. Although her being there doesn't reall affect the outcome much. Just slight change in story..
Did you actually read the novel version?

It's completely different. Mostly due to the censorship and the episode-worth of added content.
Pretty boring to be honest(novel),since the anime version put Haruhi on the spotlight.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

fiendmaw wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: Did you actually read the novel version?

Pretty boring to be honest(novel),since the anime version put Haruhi on the spotlight.
Am I the only one that hated those episodes?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Kyon's sister during that story was a plot hook to endear Haruhi to Kyon slightly.
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

Kaisos Erranon wrote: Clannad will be 24 episodes, with a probable second season later. It should end in very early April.
To be honest, from playing the game, I fail to see how that's possible.......
Unless they follow up with a lengthened version of the Afterstory arc....

Anyway, yeah.

Haruhi shalt rise again. Let's hope they aren't faggots about it and release it this year.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

IrishHaremOtaku wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: Clannad will be 24 episodes, with a probable second season later. It should end in very early April.
To be honest, from playing the game, I fail to see how that's possible.......
Unless they follow up with a lengthened version of the Afterstory arc....

Anyway, yeah.

Haruhi shalt rise again. Let's hope they aren't faggots about it and release it this year.
That's old info. Clannad is 22 episodes now.

Apparently.

Most of the game veterans on AS keep saying that AS needs 6 episodes, at the very least, to be told, so I do expect a second season.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Sorry for the double post, but since it looks like some people have copies of the April Newtype issue already, and no information on Haruhi appears to be in it, we're probably not getting a second season in April.

Goddamnit.
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

Kaisos Erranon wrote: That's old info. Clannad is 22 episodes now.

Apparently.

Most of the game veterans on AS keep saying that AS needs 6 episodes, at the very least, to be told, so I do expect a second season.
Yeah, i've played it.
You're right, but it would be quite a stretch to get it to 12-13 eps, nevermind 20...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Animenewsnetwork is still insisting on having 24 episodes. They even have the names written for them, just to let you know. 8)
Proto
Astral Realm

Post by Proto »

CLANNAD's story will end with episode 22. Episode 23 is an OMAKE, extra episode. (which will be aired in TV nonetheless). Episode 24 is a DVD only episode

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”