Haruhi Theatre

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Re: Haruhi Theatre

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, it'd get boring after a while, you know?
Well, yea, if they do like 20 episodes or something, but we could certainly do with more than three.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Well, it'd get boring after a while, you know?
Well, yea, if they do like 20 episodes or something, but we could certainly do with more than three.
Well, "Theatre"... "Acts"... how many acts are usually in a play? Three, right?
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

Rectifier wrote:Ah my bad then, I just assumed that a preview really meant a preview and not a complete unofficial translation.
There you go, assuming that words mean what they're supposed to mean. You'll get confused really quick doing that around here... ^_^
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Aye, seems that way.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: Well, yea, if they do like 20 episodes or something, but we could certainly do with more than three.
Well, "Theatre"... "Acts"... how many acts are usually in a play? Three, right?
Since when is Haruhi conventional. "The Best Theatre must have the most amount of Acts! Another! Another!" "Do you really think anyone'll sit through a fifteen act play, Haruhi?!" "Of course they will, if it's awesome! Now shut up and move that over there, Kyon!"
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote: Since when is Haruhi conventional. "The Best Theatre must have the most amount of Acts! Another! Another!" "Do you really think anyone'll sit through a fifteen act play, Haruhi?!" "Of course they will, if it's awesome! Now shut up and move that over there, Kyon!"
Hahahaha!

Seriously, though, just because the series is unconventional in some respects does not mean it has to be so in others.

And I'm still wondering when in the timeline this takes place. Certainly before Lone Island, as Haruhi banned alcohol after that adventure yet seems content to guzzle it down in this one...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

I want to say that it takes place around the Day of Sagittarius, but I am unsure. I do know, however, that the Haruhi Drama CD takes place right after Live A Live.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

My theory was that it was a what-if of Kyon's failure at the end of Melancholy.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

What about Tomadoi (the PS2 game) that has the RPG being made by the brigade as the premise with the timeline intact? This means the theatre has to have occured outside the novels but within the realm of the original timeline.

Or your right...I haven't played Tomadoi to figure that out :cry: .

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”