1 Year Anniversary

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Serva
Astral Realm

Re: 1 Year Anniversary

Post by Serva »

fiendmaw wrote:I posted about a stockholder saying it might be released in February,gwess it didn't.

It's early-to-mid spring now,if they won't release in April,we're in for another long wait.

And was that Babelfish you were using(I get alot of 'cool shrine''s from it :P).
Actually, it was a combo of both google translating and some place I found at ask.com, worldlingo. I found that worldlingo translated it as cool shrine, while google made it liang palace (I have no idea how those two are similar. This is why I'll probably never learn a second language).
Kaisos Erranon wrote:I heard this on AS:
thirdlc wrote:Really? I thought there's no news after Tanigawa said, as an apology for the delays in 2007 October issue of the Sneaker, that the characters ignored him and did their own things, and that he couldn't help it and that's why he couldn't write what he was trying to write.
If this is true, that means writer's block, and that means that Vol. 10 will probably be the last book, then, if he's having that much trouble.

Which, of course, means a FAIL FAIL FAIL contrived ending.

Can anyone confirm this?
I can't find anything confirming it. Not on any english page at least. Searching for a title and searching for the phrase "writers block" is a little different when dragging text through a translator, I'd much rather not bother.

Now on a personal oppinion note, I don't see how characters doing their own thing is a bad thing. That just means that there is actually life in the characters. There is always story when you have life in your characters. It's because they get along so well that they're able to have fun and make something worth writing about. I'm betting writters block is just a terrible excuse. Tanigawa has had since he finished volume nine for characters to do their own thing, and if you were to force them to do something else, something that isn't their own thing, you get some screwed up story with a bunch of characters playing roles that just aren't theirs.

Theres a lot of speculation as to how volume ten is going to turn up. I hope people wont be too disappointed when it didn't go their way.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Serva wrote:
fiendmaw wrote:I posted about a stockholder saying it might be released in February,gwess it didn't.

It's early-to-mid spring now,if they won't release in April,we're in for another long wait.

And was that Babelfish you were using(I get alot of 'cool shrine''s from it :P).
Actually, it was a combo of both google translating and some place I found at ask.com, worldlingo. I found that worldlingo translated it as cool shrine, while google made it liang palace (I have no idea how those two are similar. This is why I'll probably never learn a second language).

Actually, I do believe that "Suzumiya" can be translated as "cool shrine," which is the reason why so many of those "cool shrine"s kept popping up. However, I am not entirely sure about this at the moment. I will have to check. Also, if you came up with a lot of "spring day"s or something of that sort, you have just had a machine translated Haruhi's name.
Yuuji_Kurogane
Astral Realm

Post by Yuuji_Kurogane »

HAHA, I just registerd just to post this ( yes i was bored, VERY bored).
涼宮 is Suzumiya, as some of you may know, 涼 stands for cool, fresh, refreshing and the sort. Suzu in the Suzumiya.
And 宮 stands for temple or shrine and the kanji kinda resembles a shrine sort of...
Sorry for takeing your time, hope this post was informative to some of you. :mrgreen:
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

WE KNOW. ^ Look right above you.
Showsni
Astral Realm

Post by Showsni »

It looks like it's getting published on the first of June - at least, that's what I gather from http://www.gamenews.ne.jp/archives/2007/04/61.html
(or rather http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DG )
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Showsni wrote:It looks like it's getting published on the first of June - at least, that's what I gather from http://www.gamenews.ne.jp/archives/2007/04/61.html
Until Kadokawa itself updates with that information, I'll be taking it with a few shakers of salt.
Serva
Astral Realm

Post by Serva »

Showsni wrote:It looks like it's getting published on the first of June - at least, that's what I gather from http://www.gamenews.ne.jp/archives/2007/04/61.html
/points at article date.

This one was posted before the delay in June.

Try searching with a "2008年" or something like that to get an article or post from this year.

XD Looks like I'm starting to recognize some of these symbols after searching for this volume so much.
squirthose
Astral Realm

Post by squirthose »

Is it really writer's block that's keeping him from writing? Due to the sudden delays in both the book and the anime, I was under the impression that the writer was in ill health. Or some such.

It just doesn't make sense that such a prolific writer would release nothing for a year. Or has he released something else I don't know about?
jedi423
Astral Realm

Post by jedi423 »

I assume there have not been any short stories in the Sneaker lately either?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

jedi423 wrote:I assume there have not been any short stories in the Sneaker lately either?
Nope.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

typhonsentra wrote:Anyway, here's a toast. Hopefully we won't have another one come same time 2009.
Necro'ed for another toast
/me claws out throat and dies
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

We MIGHT be getting a new Haruhi story in July. But it's probably just another troll.
harroooo00
Astral Realm

Post by harroooo00 »

man its about to be a 2 year anniversary....... why did i read this novel? WHY DID HAVE TO BE SO INTERESTING??? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LEAVE A WHOLE COMMUNITY HANGING??? WHY???????????????????????????????
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Because they can?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LEAVE A WHOLE COMMUNISTS HANGING??? WHY???????????????????????????????[/quote]
fixed

baka baka baka

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”