1 Year Anniversary

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

typhonsentra
Astral Realm

1 Year Anniversary

Post by typhonsentra »

It's April 1, 2008 (In Japan at least), meaning it's been a full year since the release of the last volume of the novel. Yep, what was supposed to be the shortest turnaround in the series is officially the longest, and with no announced release in site. Much speculation has been made, including delays to coincide with the release of the new season but I see that as unlikely. Even if They had published it as-is back in June they still would've had at least a year to publish a new book for the premiere of Vanishment. It's anyone's guess what's going on too, because as far as I know Kadokawa and Tanigawa are tight-lipped about what's going on.

And yeah, I realize it's another complaint thread for something out of our control but it's an important milestone. For comparison, Full Metal Panic has been published for just under 10 years now with 20 books including both full novels and short story collections, the longest break being 11 months between releases.

Anyway, here's a toast. Hopefully we won't have another one come same time 2009.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: 1 Year Anniversary

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

typhonsentra wrote:It's April 1, 2008 (In Japan at least), meaning it's been a full year since the release of the last volume of the novel. Yep, what was supposed to be the shortest turnaround in the series is officially the longest, and with no announced release in site. Much speculation has been made, including delays to coincide with the release of the new season but I see that as unlikely. Even if They had published it as-is back in June they still would've had at least a year to publish a new book for the premiere of Vanishment. It's anyone's guess what's going on too, because as far as I know Kadokawa and Tanigawa are tight-lipped about what's going on.

And yeah, I realize it's another complaint thread for something out of our control but it's an important milestone. For comparison, Full Metal Panic has been published for just under 10 years now with 20 books including both full novels and short story collections, the longest break being 11 months between releases.

Anyway, here's a toast. Hopefully we won't have another one come same time 2009.
Well, at least we know it's not writer's block.

GAH I HATE WAITING!
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

hmm.. maybe its because the franchisers fear the phenomenon would mellow out, and eventually fizzle if they release v10 before the 2nd season starts airing.. though i know this is unlikely, since the light novels only release in east asia, and the franchisers should be aware of haruhiism being global in coverage (and as far as i've snooped the net, B-T's the only site that ever bothered with translating them, well, aside from strato of a.f.k.)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

We're pretty famous too, ya know.

And what do our avatars say?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

i realized that as well, given that we have the translations..

and oni-san's having fun making fun of us this baka no hi (hopefully it goes back to normal in a few hours..)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

My avatar doesn't say anything. 8)
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Cheers for the novels(and the BAKA).
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I almost forgot it was April Fools when I saw "Banned" next to my name. Hah!
Serva
Astral Realm

Post by Serva »

/cry

Awwww.... Muffins....

Well, maybe the news I have may cheer people up.

From my understanding, an understanding I recieved from a very reliable friend of mine, Volume 10 of the Suzumiya Haruhi series is schedualled to release in the early spring of 2008

I bold that for people browsing on by.

However, I have no real or official source. I figure that the only place a person can learn of something like this is from the main site or some place on google in japanese, and I'm so terrible at japanese, I don't even speak it. I guess what I'm suggesting is that someone who can read the language should go and do a little research and see if that reliable friend of mine is right.

Oh... *points at date*, no april fools joke intended. I haven't celebrated that in years... I was hit by it once today though... stupid illiminati-manga people leaving post about elfen lied 85 to 94 translated and ready to read. Got my hopes up for nothing... I am so egging that site...

Anyways, back to the point. I was also told that from the start, the volume was intended to be pushed back eight months, and was suppose to be released last month (february), but was pushed back again even further for some unknown reason. Lets just hope that this early spring date isn't pushed back again.

And finally, for those who remember me and wonder where the hell I've been, I just got tired of waiting on this volume ten crap, so I ignored the whole Suzumiya Haruhi thing all together. Surprise!!! it's possible to ignore her!!!!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Serva wrote:/cry

Awwww.... Muffins....

From my understanding, an understanding I recieved from a very reliable friend of mine, Volume 10 of the Suzumiya Haruhi series is schedualled to release in the early spring of 2008

However, I have no real or official source. I figure that the only place a person can learn of something like this is from the main site or some place on google in japanese, and I'm so terrible at japanese, I don't even speak it. I guess what I'm suggesting is that someone who can read the language should go and do a little research and see if that reliable friend of mine is right.

Oh... *points at date*, no april fools joke intended. I haven't celebrated that in years... I was hit by it once today though... stupid illiminati-manga people leaving post about elfen lied 85 to 94 translated and ready to read. Got my hopes up for nothing... I am so egging that site...

Anyways, back to the point. I was also told that from the start, the volume was intended to be pushed back eight months, and was suppose to be released last month (february), but was pushed back again even further for some unknown reason. Lets just hope that this early spring date isn't pushed back again.

And finally, for those who remember me and wonder where the hell I've been, I just got tired of waiting on this volume ten crap, so I ignored the whole Suzumiya Haruhi thing all together. Surprise!!! it's possible to ignore her!!!!

I've been checking Kadokawa every single day for the past 2 months... I can't read much Japanese, but I do know that no mention of Haruhi has been made for months.

No one knows the release date. Sorry, but I think your friend is wrong. :(
Serva
Astral Realm

Post by Serva »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Serva wrote:/cry

Awwww.... Muffins....

I've been checking Kadokawa every single day for the past 2 months... I can't read much Japanese, but I do know that no mention of Haruhi has been made for months.

No one knows the release date. Sorry, but I think your friend is wrong. :(
... So... You checked one place and called it quits?

:|

You call yourself a fan...

I could try dragging text from any random place through some online translator, but it would come out in some random order I would get lost in. I'll go running around trying to find something if I have to... Though it would require someone to tell me exactly what I found every time I think I've found something... Could get annoying.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Serva wrote:
... So... You checked one place and called it quits?

:|

You call yourself a fan...

I could try dragging text from any random place through some online translator, but it would come out in some random order I would get lost in. I'll go running around trying to find something if I have to... Though it would require someone to tell me exactly what I found every time I think I've found something... Could get annoying.
Kadokawa is the official bloody website. I check wikipedia too, for that matter, and pay attention to rumors.

I haven't heard anything about this, so...
Serva
Astral Realm

Post by Serva »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:official bloody website.
Thats something a person would type when their angry about something.

Awww.... *hugs* Don't worry, we'll get those Suzumiya delaying bastards. They'll get theirs.

Now I was originally hoping someone would be able to find something that would confirm or prove otherwise my friend source, but seeing how only one person wants to make conversation, I'm forced to pull out the online translator. I warned you all though...
Serva wrote:I'll go running around trying to find something if I have to... Though it would require someone to tell me exactly what I found every time I think I've found something... Could get annoying.
I still stand by what I said.

Some time later.
:? Ugh... online translator from japanese to english is soooooo out of order...

角川の株主向け刊行情報に「『涼宮ハルヒの驚愕』2008年2月刊行予定」とあった件 a headline at http://www.syu-ta.com/blog/2007/12/29/032717.shtml. After dragging through worldlingo, comes out as "For the Kadokawa shareholder in information of publication “'astonishment' 2008 February publication schedule of cool shrine [haruhi]” the case which is". Anybody able to properly read it and say if it is anything?

A link on that very same page, http://www.kadokawa-hd.co.jp/hokoku/54md/html/04.html, brings to a chart, looks like its starting at October of 2007, with a little picture of Haruhi down at March. March is over now though, so I think even if this was anything, it would be a little off.

Some more time later.
Would need someone to read through http://www.gamenews.ne.jp/archives/2008 ... _3048.html. The first paragraph of this article after being google translated is...
"Lights Palace HARUHI melancholy novel [Liang] シリーズ最新刊「 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕(きょうがく) 」の発売予定が今年の春、2月以降になることが明らかになった。 The latest series of books "Liang's Palace HARUHI startle (KYOUGAKU)" is scheduled for release in the spring of this year, in February after it was revealed. 【角川グループホールディングス(9477)】の株主向けに提供された事業報告書【KADOKAWA通信冬号】の記述で判明した。 [角川Group Holdings (9477)] for the shareholder report provided by the [business] KADOKAWA communications winter issue statements revealed." Date at the top is january 18, 2008.

Some more time later.
Still looking, but fell inlove with this image while searching...

Yes, I am a Nagato fan... Aren't you?

Even more time later.
Eh... this one looks like there is a bit of hentai on this page... Looks like fourteen year old girls in nothing but underwear in the add to the side... Whatever. If you don't care, the article is http://www.new-akiba.com/archives/2007/12/2008_14.html. Leaving it unlinked incase you do care and accidently click it. *EDIT: It auto links despite not using the URL button... I tried.* If you do care, heres the title and first paragraph...

ラノベ最新刊「涼宮ハルヒの驚愕」は2008年初春に刊行予定

谷川流さんのライトノベル・涼宮ハルヒシリーズの最新刊「涼宮ハルヒの驚愕」は当初2008年6月刊行予定だったが、現在も延期されたままだ。だが2008年2~3月に発売されるのではないかとの情報が出てきた。角川グループの株主向け資料に掲載されている。

And google translated...

RANOBE latest publication "of unspeakable HARUHI Liang Palace" is scheduled for publication in spring 2008 early

Wright's novel Ryuu Tanigawa Liang HARUHI Palace for the latest installment of the series "Liang's Palace HARUHI startle" was originally scheduled for publication in June 2008, but still remain postponed. だが2008年2~3月に発売されるのではないかとの情報が出てきた。 But in 2008 two to be released in March that the information came from. 角川グループの株主向け資料に掲載されている。角川materials for the shareholder group running.

Wow, I didn't think I could search through sites that weren't in english. My friend was a reliable source, but I'm even a bit more convinced now. I'd still like someone to confirm that this is all saying the volume may be out soon... I'm now a bit worried that they may push it back again again again...

sorry for the long long long post.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

I posted about a stockholder saying it might be released in February,gwess it didn't.

It's early-to-mid spring now,if they won't release in April,we're in for another long wait.

And was that Babelfish you were using(I get alot of 'cool shrine''s from it :P).
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I heard this on AS:
thirdlc wrote:Really? I thought there's no news after Tanigawa said, as an apology for the delays in 2007 October issue of the Sneaker, that the characters ignored him and did their own things, and that he couldn't help it and that's why he couldn't write what he was trying to write.
If this is true, that means writer's block, and that means that Vol. 10 will probably be the last book, then, if he's having that much trouble.

Which, of course, means a FAIL FAIL FAIL contrived ending.

Can anyone confirm this?

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”