BAD NEWS!!!.....?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

BAD NEWS!!!.....?

Post by ainsoph9 »

We have all been awaiting/dreading for this time to come, but it is finally here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... in-english

Haruhi is finally licensed in English, the novels that is.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Re: BAD NEWS!!!

Post by shichinanatsu »

so does that mean we'd have to end the english SHnY project? but let the alternative language projects continue?

*me hopes to Haruhi they don't murder the translation.. (shivers at the thought of Miss Asahina)*

*also hopes to nab some serious stuff here in my Haruhi-forsaken homeland, that said publishing house make an int'l version..*
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:We have all been awaiting/dreading for this time to come, but it is finally here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... in-english

Haruhi is finally licensed in English, the novels that is.
Isn't BT going to be shut down, then? That's what I remember hearing. Or was that back when the only thing here was the Haruhi novels?
shichinanatsu wrote:so does that mean we'd have to end the english SHnY project? but let the alternative language projects continue?

*me hopes to Haruhi they don't murder the translation.. (shivers at the thought of Miss Asahina)*

*also hopes to nab some serious stuff here in my Haruhi-forsaken homeland, that said publishing house make an int'l version..*
All projects will be shut down, or should be.

And of course they're going to murder the translation. It's a kids book company. It'll be censored AND butchered.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Gah!

I say we mask our effors and convert the character names to something else so they don't catch us. I vote 'Haruhi' now be named 'Konota', 'Kyon' can be 'Sunohara'. lol
cicero225
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cicero225 »

I hope the next news isn't "Volume 10 surprise release!" That would make me quite unhappy (and also somewhat mad).
Sigh, what now?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I'd like to direct all your attention to the post by the co-publishing director of Yen Press here.

...I think it's in good hands.
Crowkenobi
Astral Realm

Post by Crowkenobi »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:I'd like to direct all your attention to the post by the co-publishing director of Yen Press here.

...I think it's in good hands.
You're welcome! :wink:

And if you read this post here, I do believe that volume 10 would be still fair game to translate (though that could change at any time). :D

8)
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by FNX »

Damn just when i finished volumen 7 in spanish we have to come to this... (prays that vol 10 is out soon and doesnt fall in the license)
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Two things about this:

1. If they are marketing to children, how on earth do they plan on getting the sexual harassment stuff past the parents?

2. Why the heck did Tokyopop not pick up this series?!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:Two things about this:

1. If they are marketing to children, how on earth do they plan on getting the sexual harassment stuff past the parents?
It's rated 16+.
ainsoph9 wrote: 2. Why the heck did Tokyopop not pick up this series?!
Dunno.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

The synopsis is shit. I could write better crap than that.

If anything, these novels are meant to be read with intelligence, not with the mindset "Hannah Montana meets Heroes."

They probably didn't even poking read the novels and just watched the last episodes of the anime.

*And also your right, the news implies that only the first 9 novels will be licensed.
Last edited by Rectifier on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

No point in speculating. We'll hear the final word from the big boss whenever he gets around to hearing the news.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

In the meantime, save your assorted text files, unless you want to pay for the novels you've already read, or simply want a physical copy.
cicero225
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cicero225 »

Rectifier wrote:In the meantime, save your assorted text files, unless you want to pay for the novels you've already read, or simply want a physical copy.
So while browsing the wiki site for haruhi, I noticed a flaw: For some reason there seems to be no volume 6 link (that is, no link that takes you to where to click. If you scroll down manually, vol 6 is of course still there). I'm just not sure where I'm supposed to point out something like this.

Kaisos's post seems reassuring...until you read that other post the guy has. What a horrible synopsis, as someone above me has said.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

cicero225 wrote:
Rectifier wrote:In the meantime, save your assorted text files, unless you want to pay for the novels you've already read, or simply want a physical copy.
So while browsing the wiki site for haruhi, I noticed a flaw: For some reason there seems to be no volume 6 link (that is, no link that takes you to where to click. If you scroll down manually, vol 6 is of course still there). I'm just not sure where I'm supposed to point out something like this.

Kaisos's post seems reassuring...until you read that other post the guy has. What a horrible synopsis, as someone above me has said.
If you read the post I linked to, he points out the problems with that synopsis himself and why it was used.

Just relaaaax.

And I still see the Vol.6 link.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”