BAD NEWS!!!.....?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Re: BAD NEWS!!!

Post by AuraTwilight »

omg yaoi.

I think I can wait a little longer for Haruhi.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

It just looks like more LS-esque "lol otaku" crap... give me my Little Busters anime!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Both of you shuush... KyoAni give me my next FMP season dammit!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Both of you shuush... KyoAni give me my next FMP season dammit!
They really can't until the author finishes either the novels or the current story arc in the novels, whichever comes first.

So we won't be seeing FMP for a long time...
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Um. Why the @#%$@#$ not?

We have FOUR books that could be used for a new FMP series:

A Dancing Very Merry Christmas
Continuing On My Own
Burning One Man Force
Whatever book it is that comes after BOMF.

Since the first series was over three books and TSR was over a single book(the end of day by day), there is PLENTY of material for TWO seasons more of FMP.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

5 actually. Make My Day and Nick of Time come after BOMF. Not to mention all the side stories he has written that weren't even included in Fumoffu or the first season.

Holy random fact that I didn't know about.
The American launch of the series, originally planned for 2001, was delayed for several years because Sousuke was from Afghanistan; With potential American sensitivities in mind, the premier was originally canceled outright, then finally put forth, but only after changing Sousuke’s homeland to the fictitious nation of Helmajistan.
I feel like such a nub now for always saying he is from Helmajistan... :?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ahh.. and normal people say otaku are impatient when it comes to anime.. (seems comiket would probably be out of this world for them..)

anyway, is the ova for lucky star all geared for release next month? or am i missing something.. (*wishing for a 2nd season, but the series will probably fizzle out and die with konata graduating..*)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
OneofFive
Astral Realm

Post by OneofFive »

shichinanatsu wrote:agreed.. in fact, even 15 year-olds would have trouble getting to the core of the Haruhi series. i mean, just look at kyon's first impression of haruhi - wasn't it him who guessed (wrongly) that the reason behind haruhi's queerness is just letting off some steam, or should i say venting excess youth energies..

and i think it would be better if the targeted age group was 15+ (18+ and it'd sound shady.) i led a few high school brats i know to BT because they said they were interested, only to find out that not only did they not have a minimum working knowledge of psychology and philosophy, but they hardly knew anything about jap culture.. (consequently, they weren't converted into haruhiists..)
I'm fifteen, and the first time I saw this anime I fell in love. Self-confessed Haruhiist now. I like to think I understand SHnY pretty well and that I have a working knowledge of Japanese culture (If only from other anime), psychology and philosophy. Don't judge all of us teenagers based on a few slightly dim brats.
Oh, and don't assume I'm a complete nub just due to my post-count. :P I lurk here a fair bit.

Anyway, a post on-topic:

Lucky Star OVA is still due next month. :) I don't see why they wouldn't make a second season! LS is still popular, they have plenty of material and it'd make them a ton of money.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

OneofFive wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:agreed.. in fact, even 15 year-olds would have trouble getting to the core of the Haruhi series. i mean, just look at kyon's first impression of haruhi - wasn't it him who guessed (wrongly) that the reason behind haruhi's queerness is just letting off some steam, or should i say venting excess youth energies..

and i think it would be better if the targeted age group was 15+ (18+ and it'd sound shady.) i led a few high school brats i know to BT because they said they were interested, only to find out that not only did they not have a minimum working knowledge of psychology and philosophy, but they hardly knew anything about jap culture.. (consequently, they weren't converted into haruhiists..)
I'm fifteen, and the first time I saw this anime I fell in love. Self-confessed Haruhiist now. I like to think I understand SHnY pretty well and that I have a working knowledge of Japanese culture (If only from other anime), psychology and philosophy. Don't judge all of us teenagers based on a few slightly dim brats.
Oh, and don't assume I'm a complete nub just due to my post-count. :P I lurk here a fair bit.

Anyway, a post on-topic:

Lucky Star OVA is still due next month. :) I don't see why they wouldn't make a second season! LS is still popular, they have plenty of material and it'd make them a ton of money.
Isn't there only the second half of their last school year left of material?

They do still have the first year they didn't animate, but...

Back to Haruhi, I heard an amusing rumor on 2ch that Vol. 10 is the last book, and that Kadokawa won't publish it because Tanigawa refuses to write any more.

I wouldn't be half surprised, but that'd mean an ending as abrupt and inconclusive as School Rumble's... sigh.

...What the hell am I supposed to do now?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

School Rumble isn't over yet though... is it? :shock:
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:School Rumble isn't over yet though... is it? :shock:
Yeah, it is.

Sort of a non-ending. There's something called "School Rumble Z", but...
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

in the end, any company's ultimate goal is to earn money.. and if it can be done the easy way (i.e. not producing sequels, and relying on paraphernalia sales) then why bother going the hard way? (i.e. hurrying up on v10 and SHnY 2nd season, FMP 3rd (4th, 5th..) season, Clannad after story..)

oh, and OneofFive, those were TYPICAL high school brats from my part of the world. so I'd assume that since you bother with forums, that you are an atypical 15yr old..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:in the end, any company's ultimate goal is to earn money.. and if it can be done the easy way (i.e. not producing sequels, and relying on paraphernalia sales) then why bother going the hard way? (i.e. hurrying up on v10 and SHnY 2nd season, FMP 3rd (4th, 5th..) season, Clannad after story..)

oh, and OneofFive, those were TYPICAL high school brats from my part of the world. so I'd assume that since you bother with forums, that you are an atypical 15yr old..
Clannad AS is out in two months.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

oh.. and i thought it'd take until well into the next year, at least something went right.. now if only they'd quit making money out of an unstable SHnY franchise..

but kaisos, which school rumble are you talking about? san gakki's still airing.. i think..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Isn't there only the second half of their last school year left of material?

They do still have the first year they didn't animate, but...
Yea, exactly. Just look at the last few episodes. Lucky Channel came apart, the girls are pretty much done with school soon, there was a huge feeling COLSURE. To make a second season would require a change in the cast, setting, plenty of filler, or the girls to flunk at the last minute.

Not to mention that it would suck since Lucky Star's popularity was partly due to it's splendid timing.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”