BAD NEWS!!!.....?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: BAD NEWS!!!

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:oh.. and i thought it'd take until well into the next year, at least something went right.. now if only they'd quit making money out of an unstable SHnY franchise..

but kaisos, which school rumble are you talking about? san gakki's still airing.. i think..
School Rumble is a manga, which spawned a television adaptation.

Rather than actually continuing with any sort of coherence in the story, the author decided to give it a non-ending.
AuraTwilight wrote:
Isn't there only the second half of their last school year left of material?

They do still have the first year they didn't animate, but...
Yea, exactly. Just look at the last few episodes. Lucky Channel came apart, the girls are pretty much done with school soon, there was a huge feeling COLSURE. To make a second season would require a change in the cast, setting, plenty of filler, or the girls to flunk at the last minute.

Not to mention that it would suck since Lucky Star's popularity was partly due to it's splendid timing.
I don't remember much colsure, but I do remember a feeling of closure, yeah.

Face it kids, Lucky Star is over and done with... the only things it could spawn are an actual Anime Tenchou show or maybe a Shikaider show... with Shirashi as the main character...
OneofFive
Astral Realm

Post by OneofFive »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:oh.. and i thought it'd take until well into the next year, at least something went right.. now if only they'd quit making money out of an unstable SHnY franchise..

but kaisos, which school rumble are you talking about? san gakki's still airing.. i think..
School Rumble is a manga, which spawned a television adaptation.

Rather than actually continuing with any sort of coherence in the story, the author decided to give it a non-ending.
AuraTwilight wrote: Yea, exactly. Just look at the last few episodes. Lucky Channel came apart, the girls are pretty much done with school soon, there was a huge feeling COLSURE. To make a second season would require a change in the cast, setting, plenty of filler, or the girls to flunk at the last minute.

Not to mention that it would suck since Lucky Star's popularity was partly due to it's splendid timing.
I don't remember much colsure, but I do remember a feeling of closure, yeah.

Face it kids, Lucky Star is over and done with... the only things it could spawn are an actual Anime Tenchou show or maybe a Shikaider show... with Shirashi as the main character...

I had a vision of the girls in university.
It was wonderful. :)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

OneofFive wrote: I had a vision of the girls in university.
It was wonderful. :)
The manga is over, though. Nothing left to adapt.
feRfe
Astral Realm

Good God, still no release date for 10?

Post by feRfe »

Come on Taniguchi-sensei..
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Good God, still no release date for 10?

Post by shichinanatsu »

hmm.. shouldn't it be 'tanigawa-sensei'?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Re: Good God, still no release date for 10?

Post by ainsoph9 »

And this is how many threads for this topic? Could someone do something about this?

Edit by Kaisos: Mod powers GO! Threads merged.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Kaisos Erranon wrote: Rather than actually continuing with any sort of coherence in the story, the author decided to give it a non-ending.
QFT

I still hate School Rumble's Ending, and Z is nothing more than a gimmick to milk the series even more (or at least, what I've seen so far).

Back to Haruhi, its been a really long time since Vol 9 was released. So much for Vol 10 being back-to-back with Volume 9 lol. By the time it comes out, I'll have to re-read Vol 9 - I've forgotten most of it >.<
/me claws out throat and dies
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, seeing you live in Hinamizawa (at least on this forum), I would expect that to happen, with you going through Frederica's and Rika's time loops and all. :roll:
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Incidentally, bringing this back OT concerning the English publication of the books, I picked up the English version of the manga the other day, and they have a ten-odd page preview of the English Novel due, they say, in Spriing 2009.

Well, it seems reasonable enough. Keeps the fairly simple reading style of what we have up here, all short sentences and stuff. Nothing painful eg "Miss Asahinna" in the bits they preview, and they've taken out all the Japanese honourifics, but that was inevitable. Pretty encouraging stuff, all in all.

In terms of "kiddifying" it, I don't know how ambiguous the original Japanese is, but Kyon speculates as to whether the principal is "a fan" of Sailorr uniforms rather than "has a fetish for", so I don't know whether this'll lead to a toning down of later sequences or not. It keeps Kyon's lusting after Haruhi, and his ranking of Asakura ("a babe", apparently) relative to her.

So, sounds like a decent experience. I'm looking forward to it.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed; how they intend to 'kiddify' haruhi's stint with mikuru and the computer club, and that little scene with mikuru and kyon in v5..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Well, I seem to recall an announcement that the manga was uncensored, and thus far that does seem to be the case, so I'd imagine the company would be consistent across the board, but then it's much harder to change a picture than it is to change just text...

But then, correct me if I'm wrong, but the actual light novel isn't that "exlicit" anyway, is it?
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

They kept the scene pretty untouched in the anime. I don't see why a book would warrant it more.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

They're marketing the book to tweenage girls.

No, they seriously are.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

what gives? are they gonna pass The Series off as the 'new Harry Potter'? come on, i bet the actual base would be 15+ guys.

a book for tweenage girls should be more along the lines of MariMite.. (and just think of their reactions when they see the multitude of H doujin out there.. 8) )
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Apparently, they think Haruhi is the new Hannah Montana or something.

And Harry Potter isn't designed exclusively for girls. Were it Japanese, it'd start as shonen and slowly progress towards seinen...

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”