Asakura Ryouko

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Re: Asakura Ryouko

Post by AuraTwilight »

Possibly, but why would they do so? The Entity only grew more than a passing interest in humanity when they discovered Haruhi.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

isn't that because haruhi possessed a power that was beyond them? i mean, prior to haruhi they thought humanity would be enough of an answer for their questions regarding their evolution because humans were born incomplete, with a drive to approach completion.

and here comes haruhi, an imperfect organic entity who just happens to have - in the eyes of the IDSE at least - a perfect power. they could have thought there was a law of conservation of data (parody to the law of conservation of matter and energy), only to see that law busted upon the advent of a being who can conjure data from nowhere.

actually, i think we're in a logical trap here.. accdg to yuki, mikuru and koizumi haruhi's power manifested itself 3ya from kyon's present. yuki et al noticed a data explosion centered around Nishinomiya 3ya, mikuru et al couldn't go any further than 3 years back, koizumi et al gained their powers and knowledge of haruhi 3ya. these are quite probably the only facts we have, anything else with regards to the trio's nature is still just speculation.

let's put it this way.. koizumi et al may have been 'created' 3ya, which explains his views in v2 that haruhi might very well have created/altered reality 3ya. in contrast to that, the existence of mikuru et al may have been due to haruhi's advent 3ya, which is somewhat elaborated upon in v7 and v8's Editor-in-chief. now, what about yuki et al?

the IDSE's existence lies beyond space and time, meaning, even if they were created 3ya, they wouldn't actually be aware that they just started existing 3ya IF haruhi meant for them to exist ever since the beginning of time, upon doing/thinking whatever 3ya. the problem lies in how this explanation sounds awfully like a conspiracy theory, reliant on retconning. also, its pretty much sacrilegious to think a two-dimensional being to actually create a three-dimensional being.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

...unless they, DUN DUN DUN, subconciously have four dimensional powers
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

.. which somehow leads to the sleeping god theory. (i really feel that my ideas on this aren't totally my own, that i forgot where i originally heard/read of them.. well, my interpretation's my own..)

in advance, sorry if i sound like i've been smoking something (for the record, i never had, never do, and never will smoke anything), my head seems to be on a particular type of overdrive, thanks to that i feel exhausted and hungry..
Spoiler! :
i, as a four-dimensional being (3d space and 1d time), am only allowed to 'create' three-dimensional beings (2d space and 1d time). i cannot actually 'create' 4d beings (children..) because of the law of conservation of matter and energy, i can merely transform, to a severely limited extent, whatever matter and energy are present. (alchemy..)

now, given that i can create a 2d space-1d time being (fictional character), i can also make it exist in a 3d world of my making. however, what if i so desired my creation to receive my powers? upon giving it some thought, i cannot actually do such a thing, because my powers over 3d are only allowed by my 4d existence. now, what if my consciousness and power could come separately, what then? effectively, my consciousness cannot leave the 4d world, because that would mean my death. however, i could 'sleep', seal my consciousness away during my slumber, and thus be able to grant all my power (and a LITTLE bit of consciousness required to use it) to my creation. upon doing that, i can create a being who bears my power, but is not aware of it, and most likely wouldn't know how to use it AT WILL.

how does all this relate to haruhi? her reality-warping powers activate only when there is heightened distress to her psyche brought about by her perceiving reality as unacceptable. in that sense it sounds like there is but a very thin line between her subconscious using it, and her conscious being able to use it. she cannot cross that line on her own, for the key to her abilities is kyon, the only person equal to her who is aware of the truth behind her existence. its like how you can see yourself in front of the mirror, but not be able to put your thoughts about yourself in perspective until you see a fellow human being.
rhetorical question.. how come my mental resources only respond significantly to anything related to Haruhi?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”