Suzumiya Haruhi vol. 10 already out...?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi vol. 10 already out

Post by Rectifier »

Sounds sketchy.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Doesn't look shopped. Can anyone translate?
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

The title is the same as Volume 10's,And the rest are comercials,what's interesting is the stack in the back.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

http://meganeotaku.blog.drecom.jp/archive/285

That blog post was almost a whole year ago (16 August 2007). Note included pictures.

Edit: Anyone know which volume of "Maria-sama ga Miteru" that is in the second pic, on the right?
=Smidge=
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Sigh....
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Interesting... it doesn't look shopped at all, yet that blog post was almost a year ago.

Anyone care to translate said post?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The caption above says that surprised fans were suddenly lined up in a store for "Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku" on Tuesday August 16, 2007.

Below in large print, it is states that surprisingly there was a new character on the cover for the book, which is now on sale.

Below that, it says that you can see an alluring picture, but what do you think?

Towards the bottom, it states that the poster was deeply moved by the workmanship.

Personally, while it looks authentic, I really am dubious as to whether it is real. Something about it says that it is not. It would be amazing to find that none of us here at BT have been able to find anything out about it coming out if this were true.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

All we can do is hope for the best...
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Taking another look at the various pictures, something seems off.

Here's a collection of the various pictures with odd things highlighted:

Now note the differences. There appears to be at least two versions of the cover. One has a pale lavender background lacking the distinctive "H" pattern of the other novels (larger pic on the right, for example) and the other has a darker, more purple background WITH a noticeable "H" motif. These are highlighted with red circles.

The second thing to catch my eye I've highlighted in blue. The edge of the book can be seen peeking out from under the wrap-around advert. This does not look similar to the full scan of the dust cover at the bottom, nor does it seem to (comfortably) line up with the rest of Sasaki's body to be her legs.
=Smidge=
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

So, simply put, it's an excellent shop.

Plus, I've seen that artwork before in Sneaker magazine.

Goddammit.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

To be honest, if that's purely a shop it's an epic shop. If it is in fact a hoax, I'd place bets that they shopped the cover, printed it and wrapped a real book with it for those pictures - that's a lot more plausible than modifying a whole image.

The optimistic alternative is there are two versions of the cover for some reason, maybe a misprint is related to the release delays for example... but that's being optimistic.

=Smidge=
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Smidge204 wrote:To be honest, if that's purely a shop it's an epic shop. If it is in fact a hoax, I'd place bets that they shopped the cover, printed it and wrapped a real book with it for those pictures - that's a lot more plausible than modifying a whole image.

The optimistic alternative is there are two versions of the cover for some reason, maybe a misprint is related to the release delays for example... but that's being optimistic.

=Smidge=
The simple fact is that it's not out yet.

For confirmation, someone who can read moonrunes could check the Japanese wikipedia entry for the Haruhi novels.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

XD Of course it's not out. My Korean Sources don't indicate it being out either. And Korea is like right next to Japan.. And that picture is very nicely shopped.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Just because a country is close to another country does not mean that the first country is the same in any respect as the second. Getting back on topic, I think that the picture is shopped as well.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Never trust any product in southeast Asia that hasn't been made by a corporation that can be held accountable for fraud, thats what I learned after visiting China. 8)

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”