Haruhi-chan???

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Haruhi-chan???

Post by shichinanatsu »

ep4 is PURE AWESOME SAUCE :lol:
Spoiler! :
00:59-01:16 has haruhi asking kyon if yuki has a sister - all because yuki cosplayed three characters consecutively. 1st character i have no idea, 2nd looked like LS' kagami, the 3rd i'm not sure but it could be Clannad's ryou.

and we have yuki doing a Mai-chop at 2:50. but yuki playing pranks at 3:06-04:14 definitely takes the cake! :lol:

*Achakura Ryoko has returned!*
though i wonder where churuya's ep4 is.. is it already up?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Haruhi-chan ep 3... no wait. Am I actually watching Lucky Star?
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Spoiler! :
I feel old. Did anyone else immediately assume Nagato's third costume was Lain?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!! :lol:

ep5
Spoiler! :
haruhi's dodgeball antics SERIOUSLY make me wonder how kyon would fare when she decides to ravage his body, real fertile grounds for H-doujin ideas. wait, his antics are equally so..
ep6
Spoiler! :
yuki's otaku transformation continues, and this time it dragged both mikuru-chan and achakura-chan into the fray. 'nuff said
Last edited by shichinanatsu on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

Spoiler! :
haruhi's dodge ball antics SERIOUSLY makes me wonder how kyon would fare when she decides to ravage his body, real fertile grounds for H-doujin ideas. wait, his antics are equally so..
Don't worry, it DID happen in the latest manga chapters ...
まず隗より始めよ。
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

joay_b wrote:
Spoiler! :
haruhi's dodge ball antics SERIOUSLY makes me wonder how kyon would fare when she decides to ravage his body, real fertile grounds for H-doujin ideas. wait, his antics are equally so..
Don't worry, it DID happen in the latest manga chapters ...
SCANS NAO MOTHERF*CKER!!!

and stay the hell out of my sauce.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

well.. it looks like this is the end of Haruhi-chan, but it only made me want to play that game. sure there are doujin VNs out there, but there's a different aspect to official merchandise. now if only Key would take note..

*waits for int'l version of Haruhi-chan DVDs*
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I don't think that's the end quite yet.

I expect at least one more episode of Haruhi-chan next week.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I dunno, their only posting one episode this week seems to mirror when they posted only one episode the FIRST week. And it shares a lot of visual cues and themes with the final continuity episode of the anime.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

...Hm, good point, but... There's another story they could animate that would be very appropriate.

One of the Haruhi-chan mini-plots was a parody of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody... which, according to our calculations, should air next week.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I had an idea for a Haruhi-chan episode. I do not know if this is any good, but I was thinking of a parody that would go off of Haruhi changing her hairstyle. For example, she changes her hairstyle for one day and acts a certain way. The next day that she changes her hairstyle she behaves in a completely different manner. Of course, with each hair change, things get funnier, crazier, and cause Kyon to lose more and more hair from stress. Any thoughts?
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

ainsoph9 wrote:I had an idea for a Haruhi-chan episode. I do not know if this is any good, but I was thinking of a parody that would go off of Haruhi changing her hairstyle. For example, she changes her hairstyle for one day and acts a certain way. The next day that she changes her hairstyle she behaves in a completely different manner. Of course, with each hair change, things get funnier, crazier, and cause Kyon to lose more and more hair from stress. Any thoughts?
Eh. We had the hair-changing before the series really even started. Pre-"-chan", as a matter of fact. Nothing really came from it. Besides, the only time Haruhi's use of her powers has ever had any effect on herself was at the end of Melancholy when she sucked Kyon and herself into the Closed Space. Even then it could be argued that her powers were affecting everyone but her and Kyon. One of the continuing themes of the series is that she's at the eye of the storm her power creates.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, except that theme is contradicted by the Haruhi-chan episode when everyone was playing dodgeball and she enhanced everyone supernaturally, including herself.

For the most part, you're right though.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

...Because Haruhi-chan is canon. Yes.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

.. more like fanon that got promoted, since Puyo and Eretto (did i get their names right?) were originally from circles unrelated to Kadokawa and KyoAni. i may be mistaken though.

yeah, haruhi hardly experiences firsthand the effects of her powers, since for the most part she just wants 'all else' to conform to her whims. remember taniguchi-santa-hulk?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”