Season 2--May 24th

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Season 2--May 24th

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Before I was only watching the raws for Endless Eight, though I couldn't be bothered after 4 parts, so it's only up till today that I finally get the time to watch the subs for Endless Eight, all eight of them, all in one go.

OK, not exactly non-stop, for once, I'm actually relieved I get my anime watching interrupted by the occasional phone call or my folks calling me to do some errand, as it breaks away from the monotony of the 8 loops. :lol:

1. Yuki KAWAII~, more and more for each iteration.

2. When Koizumi suggested Kyon should hug Haruhi from behind and whisper "I love you" as a way to break out of the loop, Kyon of course flatly refuses. Then Koizumi suggested perhaps he should do it.

To quote from the text:
I obviously missed the expression that my face might have shown. I didn't have a mirror on me at the moment. Although Koizumi seemed to have read my mind:

"I am joking. I lack the caliber to do so. If I really step up to the plate, it will only put Suzumiya-san into an unnecessary state of confusion."
Very interestingly, I noticed in all 7 iterations (there's none for the 1st time), the viewer could never see what Kyon's expression was like.

3. Joy and relief at last when Kyon finally figures out the key for getting out of the loop. Koizumi, Mikuru and even Yuki were nodding enthusiastically at Kyon's suggestion. lol

4. But the biggest lol is for Haruhi at realizing her authority is being (temporarily) usurped by Kyon and being left out by the rest of the brigade, and thus behaved in the cutest manner possible as she pouted "I'm going as well!"

That said, I don't think I'll ever rewatch all 8 episodes of EE if I ever want to rewatch the series, just the final one would do.

This would also pose a potential big dilemma for foreign TV broadcasters (e.g. Taiwan and Hong Kong) as to whether to air them all and affect their ratings.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^
actually i thought this was a nice sum-it-up endless episode. the guy edit all eight episodes into one (not like watching eight episodes at the same time) and overlap all the audio together: check it out-

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7925668

ps. someone plz lend me their nicovideo account. i lost mine and is a pain in the ass to make another one when i dont know the language and relying on google translate.

baka baka baka
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

PeanutButter put them on his current Youtube account.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

i guess its comforts me to know that those who really liked the series weren't fazed by EE enough to drop it, though of course watching it again is an entirely different matter 8)

@Kinny: methinks KyoAni really wanted kyon to have the kind of expression that would make koizumi rethink his course of action. perhaps its just me, but in the entirety of EE and in v2, kyon has caught the habit of looking at haruhi quite often. it doesn't seem much, but maybe its a sign of him getting more and more attracted to her. that's fine and all, but it risks a slippery slope of leading to a more romantic atmosphere. imo it was better that the light novel canon was more of a platonic interplay..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Kinny Riddle wrote: Very interestingly, I noticed in all 7 iterations (there's none for the 1st time), the viewer could never see what Kyon's expression was like.
Yeah, I noticed this too. It's the same as the kiss at the end of Volume 1.
AuraTwilight wrote:PeanutButter put them on his current Youtube account.
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find them. Thanks.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Spoiler! :
Which Yuki was best this week? Was it Soba Eating Yuki? Tea Drinking Yuki? Magic Wand Waving Yuki? Vote now!!!

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Akirasav wrote:
Spoiler! :
Which Yuki was best this week? Was it Soba Eating Yuki? Tea Drinking Yuki? Magic Wand Waving Yuki? Vote now!!!

are you kidding me?
Spoiler! :
yuki magic wand waving. just look at onizuka avatar with yuki's wii
wow i was really impressed by this episode since we saw something "dangerous"

and also this is my 1st episode watching it 1080 and i never notice how cute mikura is until now. wow i am now blown away.

baka baka baka
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

i was partially in favor of v2, and after watching its anime i found it considerably more enjoyable than EE - though i am still of the belief that KyoAni could have done WAY better than that. K-On! style art is bad enough, but did they have to make it so that there be a feeling of mistranslated canon?

i guess this clinches it; we have 2 eps left for that supposed s2 content. 2 eps more for v2 (and the rest of s1) before we say farewell to Her yet again, methinks until next year, AT LEAST.. :?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

do you think is possible to make an Disappearance movie?

baka baka baka
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

i must admit that i ABSOLUTELY haven't thought about that, thanks for the thought bomb3r :D there is always that possibility, but i believe v4 deserves eps better than a movie. i would think KyoAni could actually pull it off given their EXP with Munto TV.

i don't really know, because at this point i think i've grown numb to whatever else KyoAni can do to Haruhi.. 3 years and EE can do that to people..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wasn't there talk that since this was technically a "re-airing", the actual second season might come in like...november or something?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I can see Disappearance Part 1 airing the week after Someday in the Rain.

To absolutely no fanfare.

I honestly don't know what the reaction would be at this point. Probably a lazy "they're just trolling us again" "lol endless nine" and "this series used to be so good".

Endless Eight has turned a rabid fanbase into an incredibly apathetic one.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I just realized Yuki wasn't the only one trapped for nearly 595 years in the endless summer loop.

Kimidori Emiri, as well as other IDSE interfaces, they too are unbound by the time loop.

Though maybe they're perhaps more fortunate, as Yuki is duty-bound to stick with Haruhi all the time, the back-ups are free to roam around the world and do as they please just to kill off their boredom. Like visiting all African countries for 50 iterations, visiting South American locations for the next 50, and then Europe for the following 50, and so forth.

It is just as well Asakura Ryoko was vanquished, or she would have attempted to forcefully end the loop. Though I'm surprised the other radical faction interfaces, which Asakura belongs, did not attempt to do so and risk the wrath of Yuki deleting them for good. (Or perhaps they did, but Yuki did not bother to mention it to the SOS Brigade, and Tanigawa never bothered to tell us as it was too insignificant. :lol: )
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Another interesting observation straight from the text which Kyo-Ani seems to pick up well:
"Now for the next scene! Yuki's counter-attack. Yuki, use your magic and attack Mikuru-chan with all your might!"

Nagato didn't move, save her dark eyes staring out at me from under her black hat, and tilted her head in an angle only I could notice. I think Nagato was trying to ask me "Is it really OK?"

The answer was of course "No." There was no way I would let anyone injure Asahina-san in any way, let alone by magic. Just look at Asahina-san, don't you see her trembling with a pale face already?
Another example of Yuki deferring to Kyon rather than Haruhi (we've seen that before in Lone Island), thus increasing the plausibility of the theory that Kyon is the true god of the universe - the God behind the God, that is.

Oh and did I forget to say that Yuki continues to be so kawaii~?

BTW, LMAO at Koizumi's "oh shit" face after he unintentionally gave Haruhi the suggestion that he should have more screentime.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”