The Kyon Theory

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Re: The Kyon Theory

Post by AuraTwilight »

According to Buddhism our existence is but the dream of "god" (for lack of a better term), and we will end when he awakens. Might this not be an allusion to this idea?
That's not Buddhism. You're thinking either some interpretations of Hinduism or Jainism, but not Buddhism by a long shot.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Hey, I only pop in here every now and again, so sorry if this has been mentioned before - hell, this thing's got 54 pages!

It's just that, in Volume 7 doesn't Yuki talk about how communication between her Entity and the Canopy Domain lot is impossible, but that they're working on a go-between?

I've always suspected that Kyon's the go-between. The final irony being that he does have this massive destiny with interstellar repurcussions, but it doens't give him any special powers, and has the sum difference in his life of being present at a lot of boring conversations.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I've been going with that idea too. It explains why Kuyoh made what weird comment about Kyon's eyes and such.

It seems clear to me that Kyon is either one of two things: Either he really is the real God, or more likely, he's just in such a position that every significant supernatural force either trusts him completely or is being blackmailed by him or something. He's an ordinary human, but he's also the most powerful being in the entire universe because he has the ability to twist God's arm.

Either way you cut it, no matter what you theorize, Kyon is the most significant, important person in the entire universe. Possibly the most significant who's ever lived.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Thats so true...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:He's an ordinary human, but he's also the most powerful being in the entire universe because he has the ability to twist God's arm.
The novels perfectly support this interpretation, I gotta say.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:He's an ordinary human, but he's also the most powerful being in the entire universe because he has the ability to twist God's arm.
The novels perfectly support this interpretation, I gotta say.
and it seems like this is the canon interpretation, and i think some thoughts on this might further the theory.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote: and it seems like this is the canon interpretation, and i think some thoughts on this might further the theory.
Nice theory pimp.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

in light of Sasa no Ha Rhapsody, Endless Eight and Shoushitsu (v4), i still can't just give up this theory, that kyon may still be a dark horse (never mind being a jockey..)

theory-pimping seems to be problematic here, but i think there are reasonably justifiable circumstances that may violate that rule, so be easy on me ok? i mentioned something about yuki's thoughts/feelings for kyon in a different topic, and while thinking of it i just had to return here.
Spoiler! :
how much does haruhi actually know with regards to v4? we do know that in her perspective, kyon fell down a stairwell and was out for three days. however, koizumi did mention something about haruhi possibly creating some set of circumstances that would explain it all, aka retconning.

here's where it gets vague. yuki has very little involvement with anyone in the story save for kyon. that immediately makes him a suspect with regards to how yuki managed to pull off v4 by apparently using haruhi's power. there has never been any instance wherein the haruhi-yuki relationship was highlighted, so there isn't enough material between them to warrant any event that would undoubtedly explain how yuki ended up using haruhi's power for v4.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”