The Kyon Theory

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Kyon Theory

Post by shichinanatsu »

hmm, good point..

i said kyon didn't change based on the assumption that kyon's current behavior has always been a part of him, it just 'went underground' when he thought he could leave his weirdness behind with middle school. as for haruhi, well, you could say that her high school life is all new to her. weird analogy-wise, kyon would be the deity who descended and became a mortal, yet is still reminded of his divinity thanks to haruhi. haruhi would be the mortal who ascended to deity-hood, yet is quite of unsure of remaining a deity thanks to kyon..

somehow.. haruhi willed for aliens, time travelers, and espers to exist, and they did, since 3ya tanabata. that being said, could we also conclude that haruhi willed kyon to exist? (haruhi-trapping, i know..) 'real' kyon was just living out his life 3ya ago, yet here we have kyon aka john smith go back in time to meet middle school haruhi. the details are vague, but that symbol drawing at haruhi's school is likely to be the 2nd ritual-of-sorts related to haruhi's power. the first would probably be the baseball realization, when she began thinking she would have to do extraordinary things to make her desired life happen. (6th grade haruhi, 4ya.)

as for that, haruhi's 6th grade would have to be when aliens, time travelers, and espers began existing. it would be easy to think that 3ya tanabata should be their 'birthdates', but mikuru has said that she couldn't travel beyond the temporal fault line, meaning she couldn't have sent kyon to tanabata if the fault line was created the moment haruhi drew the message.

now, if accuracy is what we're after, 3ya from kyon's 1st yr in high school (april and may) would be between april and may of haruhi's 1st yr in middle school. since we know tanabata falls on july, the only question remaining would be exactly which baseball tournament was it that haruhi watched. summer koshien 3ya would be out of the question, since haruhi would already be in middle school by then; it has to be during haruhi's 6th grade..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

The only discrepency in the story lies not in Haruhi, but Kyon.
As i mentioned before, that Itsuki has said that the world may have taken form 5 seconds ago for all we know...
And I believe that the world they are in now is made when Kyon met Haruhi, and is influenced by her declaration. That is when everything began to go haywire. Haruhi did not do anything weird, only Kyon did. That is perhaps something you should take note of?

Haruhi wanted to believe in aliens, thus she wanted to deliver a signal of some sort out there. Thus she created a certain symbol, and went to execute it by drawing it in her school. This is perfectly normal in terms of physics, the only thing is just that average people would not execute such a task, and she did. This is just a possible outcome. Whether she can do it if Kyon never went back in time, maybe yes, maybe no. Did it really exist, no one knows either. It is possible that Haruhi did it alone, and due to Kyon's future plans involving Mikuru, that it was changed to the form we know. Or it is also possible that it is something that never really occured.

Besides, if Haruhi really possesses all the powers the rest claim that she has, isnt it weird why they only intend to interact with her now? and all at the same time?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

The only discrepency in the story lies not in Haruhi, but Kyon.
As i mentioned before, that Itsuki has said that the world may have taken form 5 seconds ago for all we know...
And I believe that the world they are in now is made when Kyon met Haruhi, and is influenced by her declaration. That is when everything began to go haywire. Haruhi did not do anything weird, only Kyon did. That is perhaps something you should take note of?
I don't see any sort of discrepancy.
Haruhi wanted to believe in aliens, thus she wanted to deliver a signal of some sort out there. Thus she created a certain symbol, and went to execute it by drawing it in her school. This is perfectly normal in terms of physics, the only thing is just that average people would not execute such a task, and she did. This is just a possible outcome. Whether she can do it if Kyon never went back in time, maybe yes, maybe no. Did it really exist, no one knows either. It is possible that Haruhi did it alone, and due to Kyon's future plans involving Mikuru, that it was changed to the form we know. Or it is also possible that it is something that never really occured.
Occam's Razor time.
Besides, if Haruhi really possesses all the powers the rest claim that she has, isnt it weird why they only intend to interact with her now? and all at the same time?
There was never really an oppurtunity. She was always being watched by them, and as Ryoko demonstrates, each faction probably had someone try to interact with her to no avail. It was only when Haruhi made the SOS Brigade and literally reached out to other people that a chance for interaction allowed itself, all at the same time because pretty much all of them were forced into it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote: There was never really an oppurtunity. She was always being watched by them, and as Ryoko demonstrates, each faction probably had someone try to interact with her to no avail. It was only when Haruhi made the SOS Brigade and literally reached out to other people that a chance for interaction allowed itself, all at the same time because pretty much all of them were forced into it.
Ya know, there's some kind of moral there, but it's kind of hard to explain... something about how you can never realize your dreams if you shut everyone else out... something like that.

Gods, so many depths to this story...
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

And so much depression with this waiting... :roll:
*sigh*
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

and Her followers are forced back into the bleak world of mediocrity in jap entertainment..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

shichinanatsu wrote:and Her followers are forced back into the bleak world of mediocrity in jap entertainment..
"No... There is another..."
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:and Her followers are forced back into the bleak world of mediocrity in jap entertainment..
"No... There is another..."
The only question is whether or not it'll be a continuation or a remake...

If it's a continuation, I doubt we'll be seeing Ed and Al...
ShadowZeroHeart

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
quigonkenny wrote: "No... There is another..."
The only question is whether or not it'll be a continuation or a remake...

It should be a remake i guess, though i doubt they will continue FMA anyways.
The way they end is not in-line with the manga, there is no way to continue on.
Furthermore, they even made a movie for the anime.
There is no way they can make a sequel unless they create a totally new story compared to the manga.

Though i must also say that it may be boring having to rewatch at least 30+ of the episodes being remade... with the same people, same content etc... zzz...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: The only question is whether or not it'll be a continuation or a remake...

It should be a remake i guess, though i doubt they will continue FMA anyways.
The way they end is not in-line with the manga, there is no way to continue on.
Furthermore, they even made a movie for the anime.
There is no way they can make a sequel unless they create a totally new story compared to the manga.

Though i must also say that it may be boring having to rewatch at least 30+ of the episodes being remade... with the same people, same content etc... zzz...
By my understanding it's supposed to be a loyal adaptation of the manga. And with a little creative directing, that shouldn't be a problem. For one thing, there's not "30+ episodes" of story shared between the manga and anime, and for another, what is shared is largely not in the same order. That's not even including the few differences peppered throughout the "shared" portion of the story (Shou Tucker, etc.).
ShadowZeroHeart

quigonkenny wrote: By my understanding it's supposed to be a loyal adaptation of the manga. And with a little creative directing, that shouldn't be a problem. For one thing, there's not "30+ episodes" of story shared between the manga and anime, and for another, what is shared is largely not in the same order. That's not even including the few differences peppered throughout the "shared" portion of the story (Shou Tucker, etc.).
Your understanding of loyal adapation of the manga, do you mean the current FMA or the "might-be-to-come" FMA series? because in the manga, they have not ventured into the other world or anything similar. and the great difference of one having a new dimension, and the other addition of new elements. Most of the differences in the current FMA series makes it next to impossible to continue where it left off. (unless poor Ed must be sent back into the other world every time the anime season ends, so that the movie makes sense?)

And as for a whole season of loyal adaptation of the manga, then they have to reintroduce Ed and Al and many people. For people who have seen the first season/series may get confused, and find it repetitive... I would just have to say that though it was a good ending for the series then, it was not meant to continue the story. Thus, i hope they will not make another season that may make things worse than it already is.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
quigonkenny wrote: By my understanding it's supposed to be a loyal adaptation of the manga. And with a little creative directing, that shouldn't be a problem. For one thing, there's not "30+ episodes" of story shared between the manga and anime, and for another, what is shared is largely not in the same order. That's not even including the few differences peppered throughout the "shared" portion of the story (Shou Tucker, etc.).
Your understanding of loyal adapation of the manga, do you mean the current FMA or the "might-be-to-come" FMA series? because in the manga, they have not ventured into the other world or anything similar. and the great difference of one having a new dimension, and the other addition of new elements. Most of the differences in the current FMA series makes it next to impossible to continue where it left off. (unless poor Ed must be sent back into the other world every time the anime season ends, so that the movie makes sense?)

And as for a whole season of loyal adaptation of the manga, then they have to reintroduce Ed and Al and many people. For people who have seen the first season/series may get confused, and find it repetitive... I would just have to say that though it was a good ending for the series then, it was not meant to continue the story. Thus, i hope they will not make another season that may make things worse than it already is.
Not to mention they completely leave out...
Spoiler! :
A MAIN poking CHARACTER! Jesus H Christ. Why the hell did they take Jin out? :evil:
I haven't heard of this possible new FMA anime. Any official word or is it just hearsay?
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's probably gonna suck royally.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Your understanding of loyal adapation of the manga, do you mean the current FMA or the "might-be-to-come" FMA series? because in the manga, they have not ventured into the other world or anything similar. and the great difference of one having a new dimension, and the other addition of new elements. Most of the differences in the current FMA series makes it next to impossible to continue where it left off. (unless poor Ed must be sent back into the other world every time the anime season ends, so that the movie makes sense?)

Not to mention they completely leave out...
Spoiler! :
A MAIN poking CHARACTER! Jesus H Christ. Why the hell did they take Jin out? :evil:
I haven't heard of this possible new FMA anime. Any official word or is it just hearsay?
I mean that the new "might-be-to-come" series is supposedly going to be manga-loyal. I'm well aware that the original anime series was not entirely the same as the manga (and not at all the same as the manga after a certain point). I thought that was pretty clear from what I wrote...

As for why "Spoiler" was not in the anime series, "Spoiler", and indeed any story related to "Spoiler" was not written at the time the anime series was planned out. I imagine that the anime writers only had available to them everything up to the introduction of Izumi Curtis, since that's the last thing chronologically from the manga that made it into the anime.

So...on a tenuously on-topic note... Are we protesting the continued absence of new Haruhi here by openly talking about another series. or what? I do have to say I prefer it to all the TL:DR existentialist BS we've had as of late in this topic...
AuraTwilight wrote:It's probably gonna suck royally.
Way to keep those expectations lowered there...
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Suzumiya Haruhi theories have been discussed to death...

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”