Lack of heavy discussion

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Guest lol
Astral Realm

Lack of heavy discussion

Post by Guest lol »

Have you guys ever noticed how quiet these forums are. It may just be me but I'm kinda used to forums that shift heavily every second. At one point, this forum had 63 users on simultaneously, so why can't we replicate that? I think that this forum should be converted into a SHnY in general forum. Give this forum a manga section, a anime section, and obviously a novel section. Encourage discussion! Help the forum grow!
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Well, i thought that was what the general forum was for? I posted some of my reasons for lovign 'soemday in the rain' over there the other day, only to discover that no-one else posts there!
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

If we make a forum specificly for the novel, manga, and the anime, and try to build up heavier discussion, we can expand the forums.
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

That'll be kinda hard, since discussions usually happen when there's an activity going on, and seeing that the anime is finished, and the novels going at this rate, adding more subforums won't make much of a difference IMHO. I'm not sure about the status of the manga, but if you want a discussion on it, feel free to make a thread where applicable.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Yeah, discussion will not be active as long as:

1.) The site isn't promoted actively.

2.) The novels are stuck at a slow rate of translation.

Actually, the topic about the novel translations on the wiki here was very popular for a while on AnimeSuki.
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

Well, there is not much happening with the serie, so it's hard to discuss anything about it. Trying to expand more subsections is not likely to work, people usually don't go into several subsections anyway.

As for the translation, it can't be help. Unless someone willing to search and slaves few Japanese guys that can translate into English. :D
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

point agreeed

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”