Who secretly thinks Kyon is gay or bi?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Spoiler! :
Charmed Lover at First has Kyon telling us that he is a normal heteralsexual. Guess that ends this topic...
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I guess the new chapter in Volume 5 says it once and for all. He has no interest in men.... at least according to him.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

I don't think anyone here was seriously suggesting that Kyon played for the other team.

We were just messing around.
Tonberry50
Astral Realm

Post by Tonberry50 »

xDDDi agree with that and seriusly if we were to make a thread like this more seriusly would be for koizumi ( i think he is hetero butt most ppl i know think hes gay or maybe bisexual and they have their reasons and if they had read snow mountain sindrome they would have more but o well)
ahhh the charmed ot firs sight LOVER reference rocks XDDDD i was laughing a lot when i saw it
Bebop
Astral Realm

Post by Bebop »

Woops didnt notice the 3rd page.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Heeheee thats true. But i always had my suspecions. LOL :P
LitaKat
Astral Realm

Post by LitaKat »

Pardon me replying to a 2-month old thread. :)

I just thought I'd toss in what I feel is obvious:

Kyon = straight as they come, but like a typical japanese, not as homophibic as americans

Haruhi = self-admitted bi

Koizumi = metro. I first thought he was a bit on the bi side, but I really feel he's only 'metro'. (I know some people hate that term, tho)

as for less-obvious things, I have a suspicion that Tsuruya has a crush on Mikuru.. maybe she doesn't realize it herself, but she considers Mikuru as her best friend, yet they don't hang out like best friends do since Mikuru is always at the SOS events without her. However, she seems to show approval of Kyon as a potential love interest for Mikuru, which is the kind of protective "as long as s/he's happy" reaction that is common with someone that knows their love would never be returned. ('cause mikuru is a straight girl, never to even experiment with anything else because of Haruhi's mental scarring) :wink:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Image
ROFL!!

I'd say Koizumi is gay, alright. When did Haruhi say she was bi?
rukiri
Astral Realm

Post by rukiri »

very beginning. She says she just wants to date an alien, it wouldn't really matter if it was a boy or a girl, so long as it was an alien or something interesting like that.

somewhere around eps 2 i think, definitely in the first chapter of the 1st book i think.
Armanewb
Astral Realm

Post by Armanewb »

I'm not sure how your typical categories hold for aliens :P
Kenotic
Astral Realm

Post by Kenotic »

Kyon? Heck no.

Personally, I think Koizumi is playing up whatever stereotypes and traits he thinks will endear himself to Haruhi (and potentially others like Kyon), and therefore his mission, and if the metro/ambiguous one works, he's not about to change it. As some of the parts of the novels show, he can BS with the best of them.

Nonetheless, one of my favorite scenes is when Koizumi is acting in a school play, and the entire crowd is full of fawning schoolgirls.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

rukiri wrote:very beginning. She says she just wants to date an alien, it wouldn't really matter if it was a boy or a girl, so long as it was an alien or something interesting like that.

somewhere around eps 2 i think, definitely in the first chapter of the 1st book i think.
I took that as she just wanted to meet an alien, not necessarily get it on with one. I think Haruhi is straight but she just doesn't hold men in high regard and thinks love is akin to going crazy.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Dan wrote:I think Haruhi is straight but she just doesn't hold men in high regard and thinks love is akin to going crazy.
well ,she is right. love is insane.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
GrimaH
Astral Realm

Post by GrimaH »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Dan wrote:I think Haruhi is straight but she just doesn't hold men in high regard and thinks love is akin to going crazy.
well ,she is right. love is insane.... :roll:
She seems to be going insane over Kyon :wink:
....and wait. When did I turn into the author of this thread? :shock:

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”