Who secretly thinks Kyon is gay or bi?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

But that doesn't imply that Kyon is gay at all. I would say taht too. I wouldn't want the competition who has superior looks getting near my girlfriend.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Yeah, same here. I can tell if another guy is good looking, add to that Koizumi is always comes across as cheerful.

I'd tell him to stay away from Yuki though, if I were Kyon. Grrrr! Hands off! She'd never fall for such a guy anyway. :P
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

How did you miss all the comments he makes about his smile and appearance? It comes up again in Volume 8, Editor in Chief where he's talking about the student body president, comparing his good looks to Koizumi's.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i dunno if a bloke is good looking or not, i honestly can't tell from looking at a blokes face.

But i can tell when a bloke has charisma. i wonder it's the same thing?

I'm not totally dense, if a bloke is muscular, i do feel kinda pissed off, cos i don't look anything like that, dammit. >.<

point being, at this moment i don't really find Kyon's actions "gayish" but i do think it curiously strange when he notice things about koiaumi like that. but then again, we all got alittle bit of "gay" in us all :)

some just got more then others. lol
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I think Kyon's just a metro sexual. He does notice these things and says about em quite a bit though...
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

metrosexual....what's that again?
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

onizuka-gto wrote: we all got alittle bit of "gay" in us all :)

Whose gay bit have you got in you?
Haiyami wrote:metrosexual....what's that again?
A metrosexual is a straight guy who moisturises and who cries at the movies. Someone who looks after their appearance to an overly fussy degree. Pretty much an invention of the media.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

i see someone who loves only themselves. -_-; ugh i hate those type of people.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Topics like this always amaze me... like, why is it even an issue?

Three arguments why Kyon is obviously neither gay nor bisexual:

1) Has rather strong feelings for Haruhi, despite trying to convince himself otherwise.

2) Consistently lusts after Mikuru, if only inwardly. Frequently fantasizes about her and reminds himself to behave.

3) Seems to refer to Koizumi's looks and smile in a scornful manner. Koizumi seems to be the type to have a smug, "I know something you don't" look on his face which Kyon clearly finds annoying rather than attactive.
cotton wrote:Whose gay bit have you got in you?
^ No reason for that except it's extremely quote-worthy...
=Smidge=
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Why not discuss this topic! It's interesting and can be debated for long periods of time!
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Smudge, its something that is done out of fun. That's why we debate about it. Who cares about it being fact or not. Let your imagination go wild. Right?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Relax yourselves :P If I thought the topic was completely stupid I wouldn't have replied at all. :)

Some people just seem to get a little too... passionate?.. about the whole thing.
=Smidge=
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

cotton wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote: we all got alittle bit of "gay" in us all :)

Whose gay bit have you got in you?
Haiyami wrote:metrosexual....what's that again?
A metrosexual is a straight guy who moisturises and who cries at the movies. Someone who looks after their appearance to an overly fussy degree. Pretty much an invention of the media.

doh. shot myself in the foot :roll:

dammn you cotton! lol

if i have to name something that's prett gayish...mmm...I cry at the end of moving stories...like "Kana: the little sister" the H-game, or "Galdiator". Daaamn those were bloody sad stories.....
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Why is this topic even in this section? Shouldn't it be in the "General" section? And no, Kyon's pretty straight, the one who's even close to being metro would have to be Koizumi.
sebke
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by sebke »

Yep,
I think Koizumi is the only one with at least some sexual identity confusion.

He did not act too jealous when Kyon appeared at the alternate reality (Recall that he was hitting on Haruhi back then).
"The Country is run by extremists because moderates have s**t to do."
-Jhon Stewart

"Ippen Shinde Miru"
-Enma Ai

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”