Who secretly thinks Kyon is gay or bi?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

/nod I just got out of a 4 year relationship. Thats when I found Haruhi'ism. 8) Its definitely keeping me occupied along with school. Love is indeed insanity. It'll be a while before I go back to that loony bin.
Kuraiou
Astral Realm

Post by Kuraiou »

[quote=Kenotic]Nonetheless, one of my favorite scenes is when Koizumi is acting in a school play, and the entire crowd is full of fawning schoolgirls.[/quote]

Nothing gets the ladies riled up like pretending to be gay, eh? :P

Seriously, though, Koizumi seems to me to be actively pursuing this kind of ambiguity, probably to hide his own feelings, particularly towards/of Haruhi. He never seemed overly gay OR straight, and when someone mentioned that he was a lot queerer in the anime than the books, I was genuinely confused.

"I don't remember him ever doing anything gay," I said. "He's just manipulative and sneaky."

If I were being silly, I would've thrown in a joke about women being manipulative and sneaky, but I don't have the brass tacks to do it well. Oh well.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Kyon is straight and Koizumi is bi.

Just my guess.
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

I just think Kyon is very annoying... he complains and whines all the time.
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

i made a short video of my theory...

using wayne's world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm35ODxBlKo

no, i don't think kyon's gay, but I couldn't pass up an oportunity to make that. koizumi doesn't mean to seem gay, he loves, but he's straight.[/url]
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Well, Kyon seems to think that Koizumi is gay, and there are number of failrly obvious clues that Koizumi has a thing for him, thinking mostly of Snow Mountain here.

But Kyon seems very, very keen to persuade the reader that he's straight in Charmed at First Sight, in much the same way he 'convinces' the reader that he wasn't just gawping at Mikuru's... assests or he just 'happened' to walk to where Haruhi was in Live a Live. So I'm guessing he's at least had some... thoughts....

Plus, in terms of Koizumi, we almost literally know nothing about his personality, he's admitted that it's pretty much all a fake, a disguise to get closer to Haruhi, that his 'courteous' exterior is just a front.
I reckon what he's really like would surprise a lot of us...
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Spoiler! :
I would assume he would end up something like Onizuka or the Student Council President.

That's just wishful thinking probably, though the way the prez seems to be all familiar with him might point to something.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Kenotic
Astral Realm

Post by Kenotic »

It seems that even the people running the ASOS blog are getting sick of it:
For that reason, I would like to make one thing clear. My romantic interest in men is zero. Nada. Zip. Not even bisexual, nothing of the sort. I have no problem with that, don't get me wrong. It is just something that I'm not interested in. I can honestly say nothing gets me more excited than seeing a sweet angel like Asa...oops, well, I don't want to be punished, so I won't finish that thought. In any case, I just want to make that very clear.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

The evidence keeps building up.

Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Ahahaha! Where's is that scene from? I don't remember it, is it fan art?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

It looks too well done to be fan art but thats possible. The chart Haruhi is drawing looks like the batting order chooser from the baseball episode.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

It's fan art, albeit very good fan art. Look at Yuki's face.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Garstansinilliam wrote:It's fan art, albeit very good fan art. Look at Yuki's face.
That's why I thought it was fan art. I KNOW Yuki's face, it looks a bit off. That and the eyebrows seem too thin.
ArGus
Astral Realm

Post by ArGus »

I don't really think that Kyon is gay. Koizumi on the other hand...
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Dan wrote:
Garstansinilliam wrote:It's fan art, albeit very good fan art. Look at Yuki's face.
That's why I thought it was fan art. I KNOW Yuki's face, it looks a bit off. That and the eyebrows seem too thin.
Different skin tone as well, and the chin is a little too pointed.

You ever wonder if we know Yuki's face too well?

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”