SnY and NGE

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Reader
Astral Realm

SnY and NGE

Post by Reader »

I just had a wild thought! No offense to anyone, but this just a something I discovered! I thought of posting it since there isn't much discussion going on here.
Have any of you guys see the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion? I found that the personality traits of Nagato Yuki is similar to Rei Ayanami's. (this is from my comprehension of their character)
I also discovered that Asahina Mikuru's hair color is the same as Asuka Langley Soryu's hair, but their personality are disparate.
Koizumi kind of reminds me of Kaworu Nagisa, although they are completely different. (I don't know about the gay part, since someone said Koizumi maybe a gay)
gwon
Astral Realm

Post by gwon »

This is funny :)
I can't remember where i got this.

Reader
Astral Realm

Post by Reader »

omg! Looks like someone discovered that way before i did, but it proved my point! Oh yeah! Haruhi can be Asuka, their personality are somewhat the same!
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Yeah, this anime is loosely based on several different animes.

Yuki -> Rei. They both lack expression, and are unable to display their emotions properly. Like when Shinji was on top of Rei while she was naked, she wanted to express emotion in some form, but was unsure of how to act.

Asahina -> Asuka. I believe that the created disliked her personality, but wanted to bring her here so he created a character opposite of her.

Kyon -> Shinji. This is a really really loose character copy but in a way, Kyon is kinda a opposite of Shinji. But I feel that he's related in some way. Instead of a coward that constantly cries about everything, Kyon goes forward and saves the planet. Shinji on the otherhand cries in his corner and lets the entire human species get destroyed.

Kowaru -> Koizumi. They're homosexual pretty boys. If my memory serves me well, I think Kowaru smiled a lot too.

Haruhi -> Asuka but less mean? I dunno.

Anyways, yeah I think the author of the novel based this a lot on NGE. People even say this is the "Alternate universe sequal to NGE".
Reader
Astral Realm

Post by Reader »

Wow! Looks like people discovered this wwwayyyyyyy before I did. I am just glad that there is people shared the same thought as me!
renrutal
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renrutal »

All the quasi-emotional quiet girls in anime/manga are compared to Rei. That's a really common comparison.

Blue Giants resemble the EVAs... and only because they're humanoid.

Other than that, as you both noted, the rest is quite the opposite.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Reader
Astral Realm

Post by Reader »

cool!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

please before makin any statement about rip-offs or similar chara of Rei
here : http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index.php ... %27s_Notes

it explains how author san gets the idea of non emotional chara.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

renrutal wrote:All the quasi-emotional quiet girls in anime/manga are compared to Rei. That's a really common comparison.

Blue Giants resemble the EVAs... and only because they're humanoid.

Other than that, as you both noted, the rest is quite the opposite.
Opposites are similarities in a sense. A complete different thing is like comparing a cow -> paper.

It's like having something two ends of a line, they aren't together but are part of the same thing :p

Also, how many anime girls are similar to Rei to such a degree? I think only Tabatha/Charlotte from Zero no Tsukaima bears such a similarity, and but she's based on Yuki. When I refer to their similarities, I'm referring to their emotional states, and how they express themselves.

Edit: I stand corrected :roll:
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

While i understand that I used to be like thsi where everyone likes to compare so and so to peple from NGE. But I've heard a lot of it and now I just think NGE belongs in its own seperate category.

Lol someoen told me that Haruhi was a rip off NGE that urked me a bit. LOL. Haruhi does not contain the anxist or depression levels hat NGE has lol.

BUT I DO LIKE THE PICTURE! If you wantot compare Haruhi to NGE then I say the world of Haruhi is like the Bizzaro world of NGE. LOL.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”