How does everyone read the light novels?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Jonathan
Astral Realm

How does everyone read the light novels?

Post by Jonathan »

I don't know if this had been posted before =P but i couldn't find it anywhere... So how does everyone read the light novels of Suzumiya Haruhi? Do you print it or do you watch it directly from the monitor?

In my case I am reading it directly from the monitor xD its way to expensive to print all those pages...
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

I generally read it online, but sometimes if I spot that a large update has taken place during the day, I'll print it off at work and read it during my lunch break or on the train home.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

I just read it off my computer, most of my class notes and such are on the computer so I'm used to doing so. Still, I'd like to have a hard copy and maybe I'll print off a copy sometime and read it like that.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Right off the Wiki. I think it would be worth waiting for the print copy when (if?) they are officially released. I wouldn't mind buying them, especially if they're as cheap as the Japanese versions (Works out to US$4.50 each!)

Hell, I'd buy the Japanese version if I could find them locally, even if it tripled the price. It's just something worth having as an official copy of.
=Smidge=
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

Like what smidge said, I read them off the monitor. Though if this gets licensed and released, I'll definitely buy them and read them again. Now, to wait for the Shana release...
pgn674
Astral Realm

Post by pgn674 »

I read it on my Nokia 770 Internet Tablet. The screen is 800x480, 4.1" (about like the PSP), so it's a good thing to take to bed and read with, which is what I do. I don't even have the web site bookmarked on my computer, just on the 770.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I lay in bed with my laptop. If my eyes start getting tired I copy and paste to notepad and increase the font. Nice to read in class sometimes as well, can get kinda boring in there. :P
GrimaH
Astral Realm

Post by GrimaH »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I lay in bed with my laptop. If my eyes start getting tired I copy and paste to notepad and increase the font.
I do that too. Though it's pretty troublesome doing it with a 3kg, 15.4" laptop that often heats up to kettle-level.....
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i transfer them to text files, then read them on my psp.

8)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

i read it off of wiki
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

GrimaH wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I lay in bed with my laptop. If my eyes start getting tired I copy and paste to notepad and increase the font.
I do that too. Though it's pretty troublesome doing it with a 3kg, 15.4" laptop that often heats up to kettle-level.....
I'm using a 17" monitor set to 1920x1200 resolution and I believe the font size is 10 on the site. Reading it like that is going to make me go blind. :?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote: I'm using a 17" monitor set to 1920x1200 resolution and I believe the font size is 10 on the site. Reading it like that is going to make me go blind. :?
Of course, you could always just lower your resolution and avoid going blind from typing essays. =/
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

...or you could use Firefox and press CTRL and "+" to temporarily increase the font size for that page.

=Smidge=
Kuraiou
Astral Realm

Post by Kuraiou »

Damn, Smidge beat me to it by... two and a half hours.

I read most of it by laptop on lap with font size increased. The rest on my regular computer, and all of this from the wiki directly.

By the by, in I.E. 7 you can go to Page -> Text Size to change the text size.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I jus paste everything in Microsoft Word, resize them, stcik them on my PDA and read whenever I feel like it ;P

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”