Hyakka Ryōran: Samurai Girls

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 103

Wakusie
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hyakka Ryōran: Samurai Girls

Post by Wakusie »

I would love to see this translated xD, Seeing as how the anime was how I hoped it would be, so I would love to see the way it was suppose to be. :)
EviL
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EviL »

Wakusie wrote:I would love to see this translated xD, Seeing as how the anime was how I hoped it would be, so I would love to see the way it was suppose to be. :)
don't ya think so too...

@shadow
you are not the baddie but i think that a translator shoud support a new project don't you think?
there are other guys out there who want to read this too...

@all
please someone translate it... 8)
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by zensunni »

I wasn't too impressed with the anime and dropped it after a couple of episodes. I suppose the novel might be better, but it would have to be a lot better!
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

zensunni wrote:I wasn't too impressed with the anime and dropped it after a couple of episodes. I suppose the novel might be better, but it would have to be a lot better!
I think that the novel's story is entirely different, but I haven't read it yet.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

zensunni wrote:I wasn't too impressed with the anime
Mee too. The first episode of our German DVD/Blue-ray release was for promotion on the AnimaniA DVD. Lots of naked girls doesnt really make a series interesting... (but maybe there were also too many harem series recently so that it isnt as interesting as before anymore...)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
EviL
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EviL »

well the novel is completely different so you guys don't need to worry too much about it
just think of it as a 2º high school dxd uhahuauhhau
mrkenneth
Astral Realm

Post by mrkenneth »

you know what, I get interest to read the novel so that I may know if it is interesting or not.
EviL
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EviL »

mrkenneth wrote:you know what, I get interest to read the novel so that I may know if it is interesting or not.
that is the deal man
let's just hope that someone take this novel and translate it (right kira-chan? 8) )
actually this series was the responsably for turning me into a otaku so it really has a certain history with me kkkkk X-X'
but still i'm curious about the novel history since it's different from the anime :)
Acerola
Astral Realm

Post by Acerola »

I just wanted to see this tled since the anime fell short and naturally because theres a good harem ;) .
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

Just putting this here as a teaser:

Prologue:

The year was 20XX.

The Great Empire of Japan was under the reign of the twenty fifth head of the Tokugawa Shogunate, Tokugawa Yoshiasu, seemingly under peace and prosperity.

About a hundred kilometres away from the centre of Great Japan, the special administrative district of Oedo.

At the foot of the sacred Mount Fuji, there existed the vast grounds of a school famed throughout the land.

The Buou Private Academy.

Children from military families whose shoulders bore the weight of the future of Great Japan were gathered here, into an organization whose student population exceeded over thirty thousand.

Its teaching facilities ranged from the childcare level all the way up to university. Students studying from the secondary school level until university were all required to stay in dormitories, which were also located on-site at the Mount Fuji campus.

This academy was under the direct control of the shogunate, but the students were given a degree of autonomy, being governed by the best of them. The Tokugawa clan and their vassals made up the student council, which managed the academy.

The Buon Academy’s students were all from military households, which meant even the girls were trained as warriors.

As such they were allowed to carry swords with them, and naturally there were other weapons besides swords that were carried around as well.

In accordance with the samurai code, students were expected to accept any challenge to battle, no matter where, when, or who issued it.

Naturally, they also were expected to be accomplished in both literary and military arts.

While being encouraged to apply themselves in their studies, the idea that occasionally they would have to fight battles where their life were at stake was also drilled into them.

However, unrest was bubbling under the surface of this immortal bastion of an academy.

Dissatisfaction with the rule of the Tokugawa clan, rebellion, and underground activities.

All these were once exclusively outside the academy, but now their influence could be felt within. Wanting to smash the reign of the Tokugawa Shogunate, it was like a foetus kicking within a mother’s womb.

And here, at the Yagyuu Dojo…
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
Sh4d0wStrider
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sh4d0wStrider »

Just watched the anime and I really liked it doesn't matter if the story is different in the light novel it's still going to be worth the read :)
LightNovel_Maniac
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by LightNovel_Maniac »

Translate it plz *:*
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

hayashi_s wrote:Just putting this here as a teaser:
Spoiler! :
Prologue:

The year was 20XX.

The Great Empire of Japan was under the reign of the twenty fifth head of the Tokugawa Shogunate, Tokugawa Yoshiasu, seemingly under peace and prosperity.

About a hundred kilometres away from the centre of Great Japan, the special administrative district of Oedo.

At the foot of the sacred Mount Fuji, there existed the vast grounds of a school famed throughout the land.

Children from military families whose shoulders bore the weight of the future of Great Japan were gathered here, into an organization whose student population exceeded over thirty thousand.

Its teaching facilities ranged from the childcare level all the way up to university. Students studying from the secondary school level until university were all required to stay in dormitories, which were also located on-site at the Mount Fuji campus.

This academy was under the direct control of the shogunate, but the students were given a degree of autonomy, being governed by the best of them. The Tokugawa clan and their vassals made up the student council, which managed the academy.

The Buon Academy’s students were all from military households, which meant even the girls were trained as warriors.

As such they were allowed to carry swords with them, and naturally there were other weapons besides swords that were carried around as well.

In accordance with the samurai code, students were expected to accept any challenge to battle, no matter where, when, or who issued it.

Naturally, they also were expected to be accomplished in both literary and military arts.

While being encouraged to apply themselves in their studies, the idea that occasionally they would have to fight battles where their life were at stake was also drilled into them.

However, unrest was bubbling under the surface of this immortal bastion of an academy.

Dissatisfaction with the rule of the Tokugawa clan, rebellion, and underground activities.

All these were once exclusively outside the academy, but now their influence could be felt within. Wanting to smash the reign of the Tokugawa Shogunate, it was like a foetus kicking within a mother’s womb.

Will you continue?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

Darklor wrote:
hayashi_s wrote:Just putting this here as a teaser:
Spoiler! :
Prologue:

The year was 20XX.

Will you continue?
after I finish vol 2 of UMD, I'll consider picking this up if no one else has by then.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
for3vers
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by for3vers »

hayashi_s wrote:after I finish vol 2 of UMD, I'll consider picking this up if no one else has by then.
thankyou in advance if your translating and even if ur not ^^

anyway...

According to the cover note on the twelfth volume of the novel, the second season of Hyakka Ryoran: Samurai Girls was announced. The first season was aired in 2010.

maybe this might draw some attention and get some more readers ^^

hopefully all goes well

Return to “Teaser Feedback”