Hataraku Maou-sama!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How was it?

I might try translating this
9%
Great
91%
Soso
1%
No good
No votes

Total votes: 936

Judasu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Hataraku Maou-sama!

Post by Judasu »

TheCatWalk wrote:thats the worse part..damnit...I GOTTA CATCH UPP!!!!
[just started 6]
and
Spoiler! :
Emi got catnapped after going to ente isla?was it her mommy,what happened to allas=ramus????
Currently am only 85 pages into vol.8, but...
Spoiler! :
Yep, she did get kidnapped after going back to Ente Isla, it seems...but by that old cueball. Alas Ramus got kidnapped with her too, of course...-_-"
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Judasu wrote:
Spoiler! :
Yep, she did get kidnapped after going back to Ente Isla, it seems...but by that old cueball. Alas Ramus got kidnapped with her too, of course...-_-"
DAMN THAT Q-BAAALLLLLL!!!...fk it fk it,why cant i read faster...................-sobs- that last illustration is bothering me,DID THEY DO ANYTHING SWEATY AND WARM AND SEXY TO HER???
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Imperial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imperial »

TheCatWalk wrote:
Judasu wrote:
Spoiler! :
DAMN THAT Q-BAAALLLLLL!!!...fk it fk it,why cant i read faster...................-sobs- that last illustration is bothering me,DID THEY DO ANYTHING SWEATY AND WARM AND SEXY TO HER???
I can hardly relate anything an old cueball does, to 'sweaty/warm/sexy'.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Imperial wrote:
I can hardly relate anything an old cueball does, to 'sweaty/warm/sexy'.
how bout his minions?
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

How'd you know who did it if you're only 85 pages in? That's not revealed until the epilogue I thought.
Judasu
Reader

Post by Judasu »

jonathanasdf wrote:How'd you know who did it if you're only 85 pages in? That's not revealed until the epilogue I thought.
...Simple. The last pic caught my attention, so I went ahead and read a couple of pages before that picture out of curiosity...more than enough to roughly tell me who did what...just don't know how and nothing in much detail though, which I'll look forward as I read on. :p
asd
Astral Realm

Post by asd »

please continue the translation project of Hataraku Maou-sama. The Anime was rather incomplete and i'd love to see how the story develops in the light novel. Thanks :)
seanryan65
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seanryan65 »

So I'm a little behind but when editing are we have ashiya addresses Maou as Maou-sama like in the anime are we keeping it like that in the novel or are we changing it to something else?
Imperial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imperial »

seanryan65 wrote:So I'm a little behind but when editing are we have ashiya addresses Maou as Maou-sama like in the anime are we keeping it like that in the novel or are we changing it to something else?
Haven't read the earlier chapters yet in awhile, but iirc that has been translated as 'my lord/milord'
Judasu
Reader

Post by Judasu »

...The prologue of vol.1 seems to have it as Maou-sama though...

But yeah, would be great if we decide on just one name for him...and for everyone else as well. >.<"
Imperial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imperial »

Ashiya addresses "Maou-sama" in the context of "my (dark/demon) lord/mi-lord" (and has been translated as such in v1.ch2). It's more of a stylistic change than anything, but at the moment we have too few references (in the completed chapters) to really say if we should keep the phrase as-is in Romanji. You can translate it as English/romanji interchangeably for now, since it's obvious who the subject in context is anyways.
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by seitsuki »

Personally I think it's better to stick with 'my lord' or the like, to seperate 真奥 (the personal name) from 魔王 (the title) instead of it just being 'Maou' everywhere.
decemdies
Project Translator

Post by decemdies »

Excuse me, I'd like to translate hataraku maou-sama. I am already registered and i did translate some chapters at CSR. Just wondering, is it tough to translate(i mean are the paragraphs 'heavy' with a lot of analogies and such)?

If possible i'd like to work on vol 2. Would that be alright? Or is somebody else already doing vol 2?
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

You can go look at the registration page, and if there is no one registered you can take that one (be sure to registered it).
Patron God of NTRed
decemdies
Project Translator

Post by decemdies »

cramped wrote:You can go look at the registration page, and if there is no one registered you can take that one (be sure to registered it).
Well then, since vol 1,2 and 3 is already preoccupied. Will be starting on vol 4.
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

Return to “Teaser Feedback”