Shoushimin Series

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you feel about this project?

KI NI NARIMASU! (You like it.)
100%
It looks kind of interesting.
No votes
I don't really care either way.
No votes
I feel like translating this series would actively ruin this website. (Please explain.)
No votes

Total votes: 4

manlyflower
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hyouka :3

Shoushimin Series

Post by manlyflower »

Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce you guys to a new project I'm considering working on in the future.

I'm still translating Hyouka 5 at the moment, but I wanted to put this thread up early to gauge everyone's interest in it ahead of time. If the reception is good, then I'll most likely start on this one right after.

The Shoushimin Series
or "The Petit Bourgeois Series"

Note: This is actually the manga cover, but it's so cute.

It's written by a certain Honobu Yonezawa, known mostly around here as the author of Hyouka. There are currently four volumes but the author has expressed interest in adding a final "Winter" volume in the future. Similar to Hyouka, it's essentially a low-stakes, high school mystery series following a boy and girl as they desperately try to live modest, quiet lives hidden in the background. Unfortunately for them, mystery and excitement always seem to find them regardless.

I briefly translated the prologue of the first novel, so you can check out the page here:
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... min_Series
computerandy9
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Shoushimin Series

Post by computerandy9 »

This looks really interesting. I'll definitely be checking it out after reading through the recent Hyouka translation updates. :D
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Re: Shoushimin Series

Post by WakuKun »

This looks awesome!
Guess this project will be in the best hands then.
Hope you're going to start this project. Honestly!
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」

Return to “Teaser Feedback”