Burgund Haneiyuutan/The anti heroic epic of Burgund

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Light Novel translated?

Yes
100%
Not really (please give reason)
No votes
No (please give reason)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Re: The anti heroic epic of Burgund/Burgund Haneiyuutan (バーガ

Post by Chingaruna517 »

Well, sure thing.
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Post by WakuKun »

Ok everyone. The first half of chapter 2 is up now and ready for editing.

I gotta say something about the series that is bothering me lately. Sometimes - late at night - I use google to search for the series I'm currently translating. I just want to know what people are thinking about the series and stuff.. like if they're curious or maybe what they're thinking about the story and the characters..

Man, I found so many comments like:

"That's shit!"
"That's so generic!"
"That's pretty boring!"
"The synopsis is shit!"

Somehow reading things like that is making me sad. I'm not into the harem genre. I'm more into drama, mystery, gore and death kind of stuff so the story here actually is pretty new to me. So.. well.. I just think you can not expect the series to redefine the harem genre in a super exciting brand new way. You really can't. If you're so much bored about all that harem stuff, why not try another genre and enjoy the relief.

I really don't want to bore you to death by being so cruel and translate the so called super boring shit series for you so that you're able to actually read it.. At least I think so.
I was honestly thinking about to quit translating the series. Personally, I still like the series, and man.. I'm able to just grab the book and read it if I want to. It's just me and the book and nobody else who is complaining about everything (without being able to just know what the story actually is about.. man.)

I seriously don't know how to handle this.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate honest discussions about the series! I'm not the author of the series, I'm just translating it, but hey.. just pointing out that the series is shit is no discussion about the series. It's just some dumb hate comment!

Of course there are still a few people who love to know more about the series and for the sake of those people I will continue translating. Even if it still is slow, I'm sorry for that.

To all the others: Make love not hate.. Or something. I don't know.
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」
lifeman120
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Post by lifeman120 »

For me i will almost never judge a book by it's cover (HA!).

I'm actually very interested in the story and will only judge it a little after the 1st volume.

don't give in to hate comments, some people cannot appreciate a story for what it is.

Gl on future translating my friend!
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

lifeman120 wrote:I'm actually very interested in the story and will only judge it a little after the 1st volume.
That's legit, man!
I'm not against judging in general. It's important to share your honest opinion with others. That's what I expected to read actually.. some honest opinions.
"That's shit" is no fair scale to measure if a story is good or bad. There's currently only the prologue, chapter 1 and a half of chapter 2 available to read, so how can people call the whole thing shit. I don't get it..

If it really is "shit" in public opinion, then someone please stop me from wasting my time.
lifeman120 wrote:don't give in to hate comments, some people cannot appreciate a story for what it is.

Gl on future translating my friend!
Yeah, I guess you're right. I gotta ignore all the hate comments in future.
It's just that I'd never expected so much hate.
Anyway, thanks for your kind words!
Just watch, I'll do it!
PROzess
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by PROzess »

WakuKun wrote:Ok everyone. The first half of chapter 2 is up now and ready for editing.

I gotta say something about the series that is bothering me lately. Sometimes - late at night - I use google to search for the series I'm currently translating. I just want to know what people are thinking about the series and stuff.. like if they're curious or maybe what they're thinking about the story and the characters..

Man, I found so many comments like:

"That's shit!"
"That's so generic!"
"That's pretty boring!"
"The synopsis is shit!"

Somehow reading things like that is making me sad. I'm not into the harem genre. I'm more into drama, mystery, gore and death kind of stuff so the story here actually is pretty new to me. So.. well.. I just think you can not expect the series to redefine the harem genre in a super exciting brand new way. You really can't. If you're so much bored about all that harem stuff, why not try another genre and enjoy the relief.

I really don't want to bore you to death by being so cruel and translate the so called super boring shit series for you so that you're able to actually read it.. At least I think so.
I was honestly thinking about to quit translating the series. Personally, I still like the series, and man.. I'm able to just grab the book and read it if I want to. It's just me and the book and nobody else who is complaining about everything (without being able to just know what the story actually is about.. man.)

I seriously don't know how to handle this.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate honest discussions about the series! I'm not the author of the series, I'm just translating it, but hey.. just pointing out that the series is shit is no discussion about the series. It's just some dumb hate comment!

Of course there are still a few people who love to know more about the series and for the sake of those people I will continue translating. Even if it still is slow, I'm sorry for that.

To all the others: Make love not hate.. Or something. I don't know.
Entitled leecher gonna be entitled.

As a thumb of rule if you want to continue translating online: Don't give a shit what other says. As long as you yourself are comfortable with translating a series, that's all that matters. You are making the effort, so you get to choose the content, too.

I prolly know better than anyone how frustrating complaining leechers can be, but trust me, stop googling these comments :) I'm giving you this advice, as it took me nearly 5 years as well until I completely stopped caring about the ***.

As I see it, we translator gain the same satisfaction from translating a story as reader gain from reading it. The point is, why continue something that is nothing but a bother to you? Readers drop stuff left and right, too, so if you like what you do, continue without giving a shit to what everyone else says, and when you don't like it anymore, find something new. No one has any right to complain about your choices.

And finally, tbh, this series isn't shit. The illustration are already worth it :) And I more or less enjoyed the plot, even later on.

Anyway, good luck to you^^
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

PROzess wrote:Entitled leecher gonna be entitled.

As a thumb of rule if you want to continue translating online: Don't give a shit what other says. As long as you yourself are comfortable with translating a series, that's all that matters. You are making the effort, so you get to choose the content, too.

I prolly know better than anyone how frustrating complaining leechers can be, but trust me, stop googling these comments :) I'm giving you this advice, as it took me nearly 5 years as well until I completely stopped caring about the ***.

As I see it, we translator gain the same satisfaction from translating a story as reader gain from reading it. The point is, why continue something that is nothing but a bother to you? Readers drop stuff left and right, too, so if you like what you do, continue without giving a shit to what everyone else says, and when you don't like it anymore, find something new. No one has any right to complain about your choices.

And finally, tbh, this series isn't shit. The illustration are already worth it :) And I more or less enjoyed the plot, even later on.

Anyway, good luck to you^^
You're so right. I'm fairly new to BT and the whole fan translation stuff. I just liked the idea of making Light Novels more popular by translating them, so that more people are able to enjoy reading them.

The reason I picked up this project beside my other main project was, that I wanted some easier stuff to translate since my main project has a lot of military and technical terms to deal with and I always have to do a lot of research. I chose this one pretty randomly and still, I like it.

I mean I don't ask for anything in exchange. I'm doing it just for fun and to improve my language skills a little, as everyone else here. But my secret wish was to.. well.. maybe find some normal discussion about it to join in or something. I wouldn't throw spoilers at everyone, I promise! XD
Instead I found all the hate comments. I won't google again. Nope.. Learned my lesson.

However, thank you so much for your advices and for sharing your experiences. I feel more motivated right now!!
Just watch, I'll do it!
M I
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Magika No Kenshi To Shoukan Maou

Post by M I »

Just to let you know I like the story so far, It's way too early to say its bad or boring. I plan to keep reading it untill the end or its stoped for some reason. I hope its to the end anyway, dont let other negitave comments get to you most are just blowing wind anyway because they want to be negitave in the first place. I hope to keep enjoying your translation.

Thanks.
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

Sorry everyone.
I removed my translations from BT because I can't continue to contribute under the current circumstances.
Maybe I come back if things clear up. Hopefully someone will pick the series up so you don't have to wait.
Just watch, I'll do it!
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

You could have PM me beforehand before doing anything unexpectedly. I was nearly shocked to death when the series is not in the database. Nonetheless, good luck in everything and thank for your help.
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

Chingaruna517 wrote:You could have PM me beforehand before doing anything unexpectedly. I was nearly shocked to death when the series is not in the database. Nonetheless, good luck in everything and thank for your help.
Sorry, but I would have removed all my translated series anyway, because of reasons. Actually too many complicated reasons to list them here. Also I didn't know if you were still around.

Uploading it again is not as much work as the translation itself if you know what I mean. If you need help with the HTML stuff, just tell me.

As I said, I can not upload anything to the wiki anymore. Do you want me to pm you the translation progress and you upload them? Can't come up with a better idea at the moment.
Just watch, I'll do it!
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

WakuKun wrote:
Chingaruna517 wrote:You could have PM me beforehand before doing anything unexpectedly. I was nearly shocked to death when the series is not in the database. Nonetheless, good luck in everything and thank for your help.
Sorry, but I would have removed all my translated series anyway, because of reasons. Actually too many complicated reasons to list them here. Also I didn't know if you were still around.

Uploading it again is not as much work as the translation itself if you know what I mean. If you need help with the HTML stuff, just tell me.

As I said, I can not upload anything to the wiki anymore. Do you want me to pm you the translation progress and you upload them? Can't come up with a better idea at the moment.
Well many thanks of an information about Copyright shenanigans that benefit profit and pride, care to remind me why Clockwork Orange is banned even in the USA again? Nonetheless, please PM me about the story so I can do something about it , at least.
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

Chingaruna517 wrote:Well many thanks of an information about Copyright shenanigans that benefit profit and pride, care to remind me why Clockwork Orange is banned even in the USA again? Nonetheless, please PM me about the story so I can do something about it , at least.
Oh, I don't know what happened to Clockwork.
Ok, what exactly do you need?
Just watch, I'll do it!
Chingaruna517
Kyonist
Burgund Haneiyuutan

Post by Chingaruna517 »

OK, I need the information and name (both Japanese and translated English) for the characters of the Burgund series, especially the main characters. Also, can you give the PM of the completed version Chapter 2?
WakuKun
Project Translator

Post by WakuKun »

Chingaruna517 wrote:OK, I need the information and name (both Japanese and translated English) for the characters of the Burgund series, especially the main characters. Also, can you give the PM of the completed version Chapter 2?
Ok, here are the names so far:

Shunavran Norve Harvest [シュナブラン Shunaburan・ノーブ Nōbu・ハーベスト Hābesuto], short Shun [シュン Shun]
Muska Nyan Fronti [ミュスカ Myusuka ・ ニャン Nyan・ フロンティ Furonti]
Lulithia Leshott Chambre [リュリシア Ryurishia・ルショット Rushotto・シャンベル Shanberu], short Lily [リリィ Riryi] <- That's how Ange called her.
Sharm IV [シャルム四世 Sharumu Shise]
Bui I Banze [ブイ Bui・イ I・バンゼ Banze]
Ange Petty [アンジュ Anju・ペティ Peti]
Sophie a Blanc Silver [ソフィー Sophie・ア A・ブラン Buran・シルバー Shirubā]
Perde Dan Saint Bris [ペルデ Berude・ダン Dan・サンブリ Sanburi]
Tin Da Loris [ティン Tin・ダ Da・ロリス Rorisu]
Aria Nico Boltule [アリア Aria・ニコ Niko・ブルトゥレVurutoure]
Chrollo Rorosé Dange [クロロ Kuroro・ロロゼ Roroze・ダンジュ Danju], short Chro [クロ Kuro]
Viognier [ヴィオニエ Vuionie], short Vio [ヴィオ Vuio]

Since the names are more western style it is a matter of taste how to translate them. I'm pretty unsure about some of them. That's what I said at the very beginning of all this.

Muska's name can also be Myuska. That way it would be more cat-like.

Bui's second name is I, it can also be translated as Lee.

Then there's Perde. I don't know if Verde sounds better.

Since Ange nicknamed Lulithia "Riryi" which is "Lily" in my opinion, I think Lulithia sounds better than Ryurishia or something..
I personally wouldn't change her name.

I'd really appreciate if anyone would like to give their opinion.

I'm not finished with chapter 2 yet. Oooops.. It is updated though. Sent you a pm. TIME TO GO TO WORK!!!
EDIT: Ok, it is complete now. :3
Just watch, I'll do it!

Return to “Teaser Feedback”